Thank God Dogs Doesn't Hold Grudges Because...

W Sibs

- Charlie just came home with the worst grooming job ever.

- I forgot to leave the little light on for Emmy in the bathroom, and it has been raining and real dark in Sydney.

- I kicked Emmy off the bed last night when I was sleeping... i didn't realise that she was sleeping on my ankles (she was sleeping on my pillow the last time i checked).

- locked Charlie in his crate and totally forgot I locked it and was totally puzzled on why he wasn't coming when I was calling him. he eventually barked to let me know that he was in his crate.

This all happened in the last 24 hours :o

Please tell me that I'm not the only bad dog owner here.

Edited by CW EW

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neh I do stuff like that all the time. My oldest b*tch is forever correcting/reminding barking at me. :o

You're the only bad dog owner here. No, seriously, you are. :o

The worst thing I ever did was brush our terrier AFTER I'd brushed the wolfhounds. You get into a bit of a rhythm with big dogs and really put your back into the job. I brushed the poor little bugger right off the verandah with just one brush stroke.

OH just reminded me I also locked him in the spare room by mistake and took an hour and a half to find him.

You are so not alone.

You're the only bad dog owner here. No, seriously, you are. :o

The worst thing I ever did was brush our terrier AFTER I'd brushed the wolfhounds. You get into a bit of a rhythm with big dogs and really put your back into the job. I brushed the poor little bugger right off the verandah with just one brush stroke.

OH just reminded me I also locked him in the spare room by mistake and took an hour and a half to find him.

You are so not alone.

:)

poor terrier!

- Charlie just came home with the worst grooming job ever.

- I forgot to leave the little light on for Emmy in the bathroom, and it has been raining and real dark in Sydney.

- I kicked Emmy off the bed last night when I was sleeping... i didn't realise that she was sleeping on my ankles (she was sleeping on my pillow the last time i checked).

- locked Charlie in his crate and totally forgot I locked it and was totally puzzled on why he wasn't coming when I was calling him. he eventually barked to let me know that he was in his crate.

This all happened in the last 24 hours :)

Please tell me that I'm not the only bad dog owner here.

You definitely are and I am coming to get Emmy IMMEDIATELY. Sorry I can't take Charlie as Danny is already upset at the boys I am bringing into the household.

I have from time to time closed doors and dogs have been shut in rooms, but that is their fault :laugh:

I once shut one of the dogs in a walk in cupboard, but again, her fault intirely.

I have on a few occasions forgotten to feed Gussy Cat, but she should have learnt to bark.

I have on occaions given a dog a bad hair cut, but she shouldn't let her hair grow.

Etc Etc.

Nope, not my fault at all. :o:)

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good ticking off for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

Edited because people are offended about a Rottweiler being mistreated. Those who know me and know my dogs, know they are loved and not mistreated at all. Also all of my dogs are well behaved in public. Silly how I feel I have to defend myself isn't it?

Edited by laneka

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

:) :) :laugh: Lovely story! :o

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

:laugh: :D :eek: Lovely story! :D

Really :D . So NOT a lovely story.

Frequently they are shut in the bedroom because they forgot to get off the bed.

Block off the animal door with (puppy pen because Zarah ate the door. :D) let them in via the door then wonder why they are barking to go out. Forgot to remove puppy pen.

:D :laugh: :D :eek: :D :dancingelephant: Good one.

Another bad dog owner here. Late back from a show.Two doggies in the lounge room,threw the show case in through the sliding door and go about my business.Come back in find little miss perfect crunching on the tiny remaining piece of the black dog bait bag.Grrrrr.They know they are NOT to touch food items be it on the floor,table where ever without permission and that bag was brand spanking new that day.Grrr.So I slap madam across the back side(with my hand and she is a bully and it ain't going to kill her!) and tell her she is a BAD dog. She gives me an affronted look over her shoulder and stomps off to sulk in her bed. A few minutes later the other old dear trundles into the room gives a couple of burps and throws up the bait bag! Whoops,my bad!

:thumbsup::laugh::eek: ;) :cry: :cry: Good one.

Another person who thinks this story is a good one. The woman "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

What is funny about that. :cry::rofl::o

I've made plenty of mistakes, errors and misjudgements over time with my dogs and they're always eager to forgive and forget. I've never smacked any of my dogs though. No matter how mad I am about whatever misdemeanor they're guilty of I just couldn't bring myself to hit them.

I have forgotten to feed my boys once in a while ... and even had to get off the bus and come home when I remembered ... but I feel bad everytime I go to work when it is raining.

The boys are locked on seperate sides of the yard when I am not home. The older boy has the back veranda side of the house (so lots of shelter) but the younger boy gets the other side which doesn't have a lot of shelter. While we have put a tarp over the clothes line which offers shade it doesn't do a lot when it rains because of the direction the rain blows ... but in all fairness I did have a lovely big dog house made for him.

The other day I came home and it was pouring rain so I rushed outside to let the youngest into the other side of the yard with the older dog ... and I find him shivering in his hole under the mock orange bush (he had started digging his way to China). But the main problem is ... his hole is sitting right on top of one of the gravel pit's ... so when it rains heavy the water naturally overflows into the lovely big hole he has dug.

He really is too stupid to sit in his dog kennel out of the wind and rain but instead I come home to find him sitting in the muddy water and shiver because he is now really cold and wet!!!!

When Chilly was about 3mnths old I lost him. I felt terrible, had only had him for a month! I spent an hr searching for him before I found him. He had hid in a wardrobe and someone had shut the sliding door, we found him curled up asleep in amongst a pile of shoes.

I have locked the cats in the wardrobe, the girls can open the doors from inside, but Sumo is a bit thick and cant work it out, so just sits and waits for me to let him out

Also forgotten to feed them all a few times :shrug:

I have also yelled at Atlas for doing something he shouldnt be doing (could hear chewing noises in from the other room) only to walk out and see him chewing on a toy that he is ALLOWED to have

I have stepped on them all a few times

One day I opened the screen door just as Atlas was running up the ramp and slammed him in the head and put a huge cut down his face - god i felt bad about that one!!

Have also rolled over and pushed animals off the bed in my sleep, and taken one out for a toilet break and then gone to bed and couldnt work out why they didnt come to me when i called them for a pat :laugh:

My new old dog Blake got accidently locked outside last night.

It was only for half an hour or so, but i felt very guilty.

In his old home he was an outside dog so is used to it.

BUT, he was just quietly siting there waiting for me to open the door.

oh dear.. locking dogs out and forgetting about them is a common theme here :laugh:

i step on Charlie and Emmy a lot too... they really really make me feel guilty about it on how they carry on.