Tango

Yay for Tango - but spottychick I preferred how you described the place where you took him too - I had myself picturing an enchanted rainforest!! Sounds so beautiful!

It is beautiful - I had to keep reminding myself to stop looking at the view and keep an eye on Tango LOL I'll try to get photos :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhh :D :(:cheer:

Fantastic news :p :)

Now may we pls have some pics of the handsome man Tango and the lovely Pepper

As soon as I find my camera - this unpacking thing is a pain :) I have an entire room full of boxes and general rubble - and this morning I discovered my roof leaks so I've been frantically trying to deal with that. But I'll try to find it ASAP. Or I'll just go and buy a cheap point-and-shoot if all else fails. (I have a nice DSLR).

And thanks everyone for taking an interest in this fella - it helps to have the encouragement and people to talk to about it who understand :party:

Here's a couple of pics to be going on with.

Taken on a mobile phone and so they are pretty crappy but they'll do for now :thumbsup:

Pepper in our new kitchen. The lino matches my dogs!

post-10457-1275294579_thumb.jpg

Tango running on the porch, exploring his new home!

post-10457-1275294646_thumb.jpg

Tango and Pepper looking for treats. Tango is doing his best eye contact wot he learnt from our TOT training. Also note the foot raised - he is dancing as usual. I've also pointed out Tango's eye that has the indolent ulcer we're currently treating and just for fun, the marking on Pepper that all the kids think is an angel. It's clearer in the bigger version of this pic but I had to make the pic smaller to fit the quota here.

post-10457-1275295254_thumb.jpg

I'll try to get a pic or two of them on the forest walk next time.

Oh what the heck - here's a couple more :thumbsup:

Tango and Pepper gazing over their new domain

post-10457-1275296243_thumb.jpg

Another kitchen one, Tango once again is dancing (tho blurry) and this one has pepper more in the frame. Gosh it's hard to get them both to keep still at the same time LOL

post-10457-1275296298_thumb.jpg

What great photos, Spottychick. Very clever of you to get a kitchen floor like that. You won't have to wash it - LOL.

As for having to resize the photos, I was doing that until someone wiser on DOL helped me along.

Open a Photobucket account, load the photos onto p/bucket and then copy them to your DOL thread. You don't have to do any re-sizing at all.

Edited by Mother Moocher

OMG, OMG, OMG is he gorgeous or what!!!!

Love the little dance for the treat. Love the focus and concentration. You've made miracles happen for this beautiful boy.

And Pepper, ohhh The :thumbsup: Pepper. She is stunning.

Thank you for the piccs. You've brought me a smile on this rainy, cold winter day. Thank you

Thanks for the tip MM!

Glad they made you smile Anna. They do that for me everyday :eat: Pepper is an absolute cutie and very charming. I call her "the diplomat". And yes, Tango's focus has become quite astounding. He is also very attached to me now, he tends to follow me everywhere like a little shadow I keep tripping over hee hee He's put on heaps of weight since I got him but when I was looking at the pics I realised he's also developing muscles everywhere that he didn't have before!

They both look years younger than their actual ages I reckon!

...... I love the fact that he is responding so well to his new life with you guys.

So do I :rofl:

Makes all the "hard work" so worthwhile :D

Actually MM - he's getting close to a "normal" diet (for my dallys anyway) now :shrug: I keep an eye on things but he is now getting fed so well the vet reckons he's better fed than she is LOL

He still gets rice but it's brown rice cooked in a pressure cooker with miso, a range of veggies, tumeric, herbs and sometimes a bit of chicken for flavour. He also gets a variety of food including tinned Nature's Gift chicken and rice/oats, a smaller amount of minced chicken (compared to Pepper), eggs (soft boiled), yoghurt/keffir, chicken necks/wings/carcasses, cottage/ricotta cheese and the odd treat of cheddar cheese, rye bread/ryvita and even some all natural dried fish treats (tiny bits) - for training and to reward him when I put stuff in his eye etc.

I make up the bulk of his meals with the rice/veggie mix and add freshly pulped carrot/cabbage etc and lots of water plus some ACV then add some protein picked from the above choices and yoghurt to help with digestion. He also gets flax or some kind of good oil in his meal and sometimes a couple of fish oil capsules straight from my hand (he loves them and regards them as a treat!!)

I've built up the amount of protein he gets slowly and kept a watch on how well he is going with weeing - I look for a good strong stream LOL - and so far he is doing that still - but if I get worried I give him a bowl of water laced with something yummy (eg a bit of milk), as someone in the dally thread suggested, to make sure he's flushing out well.

So he's doing pretty darn well in the food department :eek:

The muscles are possibly developing because he's walked at least once a day whereas before he was walked ...er .... NEVER.

I have to also tell you that he's become more and more playful - almost every day now he starts barking at me and grabs something to run outside with so Pepper and I have to chase him. He's very good tho, if he grabs something he shouldn't I just have to gently say 'no' and he drops it immediately and looks around frantically for something he CAN have hee hee It's very cute to watch :laugh: Then he tears around the yard hurling the toy or whatever in the air and catching it. He is also fine playing "tug-a-war" and doesn't growl at me or snap etc when I grab the other end. But he is not good with Pepper if she grabs it!!! Oh and he's very strong! :laugh: I tried to move him in my direction when I had hold of the other end of an old slipper and I simply couldn't budge him!!!

Oh boy!! I am going to print that post out S/chick as an aide memoire for me. I do put rice cooked in home made chicken stock and vegies into my dogs' food, but all the others are about to go in too.

:laugh::laugh:

Again, your descriptions are so vivid .... little tearies seeing such happy dogs.

Edited by Mother Moocher

oh Tango!! i love seeing dogs so happy like that!! you have done a FANTASTIC job with him, you should be VERY proud of ur self and the oh so beautiful pepper for being so so tollerant and sharing her mum and last but not least the infamous Tango the great hehe, keep up the posts so we all know how he is going :laugh:

Thanks for your comments everyone! :rofl: It's great to share these moments and pocs - even if they are a bit shoddy :).

I don't know about other dogs but dallys REALLY need somewhere to race their little butts off so it IS fantastic to watch their joy when they can do it. My old girl used to run up to 40 ks a day beside my bicycle with no effort, they are very athletic dogs.

I should say I think the TOT programme can take a lot of credit for helping Tango gain confidence and focus. I thoroughly recommend it and thanks to the person who shares it here for free (cant remember the name k9 something??? :rofl: )

And yes you're right kirst_goldens, if Pepper wasn't such a brilliant natured girl this would all be so much harder.

Love the siggie bertandsally - but what's a "fertinator" exactly hee hee