Purebred Yorkiepoo

I would just like to thank you all for a great laugh on this wet afternoon.

I have greyhounds (purebreeds) and what I call the MMMs (mixed mutt mob) rescues.

What would you call a border collie x foxie? I could have a new breed (lol)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone tells me they have an <insert DD name here> I play dumb and ask "Oh, what is that crossed with?" :laugh: it's funny when someone says they have a spoodle and you ask them what its crossed with, and they tell you a spaniel and a poodle.... I then ask what kind of spaniel - amazingly a lot of them don't know :rofl:

Edited by huski

Oooh, I wonder what breed I could call my girl that I recently adopted from Blacktown Pound. Apparently she is a cross between a miniature pinscher and a chihuahua. Perhaps

minchi

pinchi

chinscher

minchipin

Some people have just no clue. I'm not very knowledgeable about dog breeds [but am learning a lot from this forum], but at least I did/do know that offspring from two different purebreeds mating aren't purebred dogs nor are any of the dd or 'oodles'. It's just common sense to me!

If someone tells me they have an <insert DD name here> I play dumb and ask "Oh, what is that crossed with?" :laugh: it's funny when someone says they have a spoodle and you ask them what its crossed with, and they tell you a spaniel and a poodle.... I then ask what kind of spaniel - amazingly a lot of them don't know :rofl:

I asked someone recently a similar question when they said they had a poodle cross ...

They said they were a bit disappointed bcecause iot was growing bigger than they thought it would.

I asked what the cross was again........and then "What sort of Poodle?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well was it a Toy Poodles, a Miniature Poodle or a Standard Poodle?"

They did not know one could get different sized Poodles. :laugh:

Oooh, I wonder what breed I could call my girl that I recently adopted from Blacktown Pound. Apparently she is a cross between a miniature pinscher and a chihuahua. Perhaps

minchi

pinchi

chinscher

minchipin

Some people have just no clue. I'm not very knowledgeable about dog breeds [but am learning a lot from this forum], but at least I did/do know that offspring from two different purebreeds mating aren't purebred dogs nor are any of the dd or 'oodles'. It's just common sense to me!

Maybe she's a minihaha

As a groomer i constantly get asked ....

" i want to book my ** insert ridiculous designer name here** in for grooming.You do know how to groom said designer breed, don't you"

....i say "yes i do know how to groom the 12 different coats varieties that crop up in that 'designer breed' ...which coat type does yours have?? "

them..... " ummm,errrr...he's a doodlewhatever, he has a coat like a doodlewhatever and i want him groomed like a doodlewhatever"

Me..... "whatever!! "

LOL :)

I asked someone recently a similar question when they said they had a poodle cross ...

They said they were a bit disappointed bcecause iot was growing bigger than they thought it would.

I asked what the cross was again........and then "What sort of Poodle?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well was it a Toy Poodles, a Miniature Poodle or a Standard Poodle?"

They did not know one could get different sized Poodles

Alot of people come talk to me at our dog park as I have 2 miniature poodles and want to know about them. They usually have a very large GR x Poodle or Lab x Poodle with them who they were told was crossed with a mini poodle and would only be small to medium size.

The other day on Gumtree I saw someone selling GR x Standard Poodle pups with the line that they dont require much exercise and are the perfect courtyard home pet :laugh:

And lastly A lovely couple I have got to know on my walks have 2 spaniel x poodles bought from Pets Paradise. They are not crossed with a cocker though as they are very bulky dogs. They have bred them 6 times and created a total of 22 puppies of which they are quite proud. They have stopped breeding now thank goodness.

I could go on - I know quite a few poodle cross (not the size I ordered stories) - it breaks my heart

And I can't believe I forgot to add my favourite one. :)

My sister left home a few months ago, and she posted pics of her new puppy on FB. Predictably, a petshop puppy. But this one was purebred, she said. I asked what, since it looked like a minature fur seal with leprosy, and she said...

wait for it

"a purebred Miks!"

Say it out loud, it ups the humour to about 20000 %.

Even after talking her through how she was scammed out of $980, she didn't get that 'Miks' sounds an awful lot like 'mix'

And I can't believe I forgot to add my favourite one. :laugh:

My sister left home a few months ago, and she posted pics of her new puppy on FB. Predictably, a petshop puppy. But this one was purebred, she said. I asked what, since it looked like a minature fur seal with leprosy, and she said...

wait for it

"a purebred Miks!"

Even after talking her through how she was scammed out of $980, she didn't get that 'Miks' sounds an awful lot like 'mix'

:):laugh::laugh:

And I can't believe I forgot to add my favourite one. :laugh:

wait for it

"a purebred Miks!"

What in the world is a Miks?! And $980 is crazy! :)

"a purebred Miks!"

That is gold

Isnt the saying "there is one born every minute"

I have just given this some more thought and alot of these people seem to want a purebred (they seem proud to announce they have a purebred oodle doodle) - what more can be done to spread the word about REAL purebred dogs????

Once upon a time, if you had an accidental cross bred litter, the off spring were offered up for either free or very low cost. It astounds me that people will pay thousands of dollars for a so-called designer mutt - when I was growing up they were called (affectionately in my place!) mongrels and no-one would have dreamed asking such ridiculous sums of money.

I know, about 13 years ago we bought our two little chi x's from an aquaintance whos dog had a litter. They were $25 each. Now I see Maltese x Shih Tzus for over $600 :laugh:

What the heck kind of cross is a RustyDoodle??? Jack Russell X Poodle?

I remember some time ago I was with my sister at a well known pet store chain. They had "spoodles" in thw window :laugh: There was a woman looking at them and I was staring at one of them. I said to my sister (very loudly) "that is not a cocker X poodle, that pup has kelpie in it!" It was extremely obvious. Everything was kelpie besides the ears. The woman turned and said "really? Do you think so?" What are kelpies like?" She had a small apartment and wanted a couch potato. I suggested it wasn't a good idea. I also told her that the pricetag ($950) was ludicrous and she could get a better suited dog from the pound or pet rescue for a few hundred, including their vet work. I've done the same at another branch of the same chain, which had a "boxador" in the window. After speaking with a man for some time and giving him the pet rescue website, I was asked for it by a few other people standing around, eavesdropping.

Maybe I should say my rescue is a "Malteinz". We don't know what she is crossed with.

I have a beagle x cocker spaniel but you don't see me going around calling her a "purebred bocker". :laugh:

Well, of course you don't because he is a purebred Beaker.

:) no no she's a Cockerbea. :rofl:

My pup is (apparently) a Pomeranian x Shih Tzu, and I do not call him a Shiranian. Whe I'm asked what breed he is I tell people that he is a cross, placing emphasis on the word cross.

I'm still not that great at identifying certain breeds, but I can usualy tell when a dog isn't purebred.