What Does Your Dog Do That Makes You Laugh?

I'm fairly sure my family and friends get tired of hearing me rave on about how gorgeous and funny my dog is so thought at least DOLers would be happy to share :)

So what things do your dogs do that make you laugh out loud? I can waste a lot of my day just watching my boy and the funny things he does and the funny looks he gives me, so I figure I may as well waste a bit more of the day reading the silly things that other peoples dogs do!

This morning he is spending time outside as OH is home and doing stuff in the garden and I keep watching him from the desk by my window (when I should be working!) and a little while ago I looked up and there he was sitting in the sun with a small stick poking out from the side of his mouth so that he looked like he was relaxing there smoking a cigarette! It cracked me up :) wish I had a camera handy. He's so goofy sometimes :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what you mean, I have a toy poodle that 'pounces' me when I get near the top of the stairs at home. its a game we have done for ages, I will see her and freeze, she starts to stalk me. then I 'run away' and she gets to pounce. The outside dogs also crack me up, the middle sized one 'bounces', when I go out, she is excited and wants to run around, but not get too far away, so she bounces, her front and back feet are side by side and she goes along sideways. The big dog, he just cracks me up when he lies on his back and holds his tennis ball with his front feet, he then sucks it like a baby. Funny when you think he weighs 60kgs.

After he nyom nyoms his dinner, comes to the edge of the kitchen, where I'm often cooking, to see if there are any other tasty morsels. Still licking his lips, he will let out a decent human-sounding burp.

It cracks us up every time.

Edited by mrs tornsocks

I'm constantly laughing, while trying to be serious to tell my Rottie not to do things. If she decides she wants to get up early in the mornings, she removes the doona from me and drops toys near my face. It doesn't take long for me to get out of bed :) When she wants to go outside she stand on her back legs and with both front paws she plays with the door handle to try to open it (successfully when it's not locked). At 13 months old she still steals toilet rolls at any opportunity and is very sneaky about it. It's the only thing she takes that she shouldn't so I do find it quite amusing. When I give my two dogs a carrot or chew bone, the BC sometimes steals the Rottie's one so she's got both, the Rottie just lays there with her face right in the BC's face but doesn't try to take it back :) There are so many other things I could go on for hours.

After he nyom nyoms his dinner, comes to the edge of the kitchen, where I'm often cooking, to see if there are any other tasty morsels. Still licking his lips, he will let out a decent human-sounding burp.

It cracks us up every time.

Kei does the burp after dinner too :)

The two things that crack me up without fail? Every night before dinner I say to Kei "Go to your bowl" He flies over to the bowl stand at lightening speed, plonks his butt on the ground and does a big lick of his lips - not a little tongue flick but a MASSIVE lick of his chops as if to say OMG! DINNER'S COMMING!! :)

The other one is the 'Kidney Bean Dance' where he is so excited that he wags his whole body right around and dances along in a kidney bean shape :)

If im in the kitchen cooking tea and my Great Dane trys to come in I point to her bed and tell her to go away, she then promptly "growl" in a playful way while wagging her whole rear end as if to say " you have to be kidding right.. NO WAY".. Its frustrating cause I satrt laughing and she picks up on it and wont go lay down, all the while tea is getting wrecked.

Charlie pulls the most hilarious faces... you can always know what he is feeling or thinking by just looking at his facial expressions. I never knew a dog who can be so snobby... the other night, I gave him Chicken neck (he is use of turkey neck) for dinner. The horrid look at his face when he saw what was in his bowl, then the disgusted look he gave me, then stuck his nose in the air walking back into the living room and went to lay in his bed, and the look on his face said 'as if i'm eating that!'.. I had to walk outside to laugh.

He also often gives his little sister the 'WTF?' look. She is a strange one.

Emmy... there isn't another specific thing that I can remember that can make me laugh. It's just her personality, she is just so busy, happy and loves life. So, the little thing can amuse her.. which amuses me. She can entertain herself with a little paper she shred for a long while.. she will bark at it, pounce on it, roll on it, run away from it... good fun for her. Good fun for me to watch her having so much fun (this is one of the times Charlie will give her a 'WTF' look).

Sometimes Kimmi nibbles on my leg and it really tickles... she kinda chews playfully on the upper thigh and you can see by the look on her face she's getting her jollies by seeing me squirm as she pushes the limits of my endurance!

:):) ;) ;)

I am so glad I don't work in an office with other people as they would think I was seriously strange laughing at the computer like I am right now!

What a bunch of hilarious dogs we have.

Keep the posts coming......I'm really enjoying this (I really should be working....I really should be working.....I really should be working :) )

I love watching the boys play. How can you not smile when little Erik is wrestling his big fluffy friend to the ground, and then scrambling on top of him and going for the "kill bite" at his neck? Kivi does actually try to stay on his feet sometimes, but Erik overwhelms him. :) But then, Kivi gets his own back, running behind Erik with Erik's tail or the handle on his harness in his mouth. He holds Erik back and Erik keeps trying to run forwards. Silly dogs.

When Erik gets into things I'll be like "Erik! What are you doing??" and he comes over and gazes up at me and wags his tail and puts his ears just a little back. I can't help laughing because he's so cute and he turns this look on as if I could ever be fooled by it. I'll say, "Were you being a brat? Yeah, and you wouldn't know appeasement if it bit you." I just know he'll be back into whatever he was into the moment I turn my back.

Kivi is just a bit special. It cracks me up when he refuses to get up to go to bed and I'll be sitting there pushing him, and Erik will be tugging on one of his legs or his tail, and he rolls around mouthing us both like he's got a disability and he thinks this is the funniest game ever. Just as I almost have him up Erik will jump on him and we all fall down again, and then Kivi's groaning and flailing feebly on his back, and I try again and he'll be like a sack of potatoes and just will not put his feet underneath him until he's had his fill of cuddles. Sneaky devil. I used to say his natural state was to be on the ground with several dogs on top of him. He has apparently not grown out of that, and in lieu of several dogs, me and Erik will do.

All of ours make us laugh with their different antics. We have got "burpers" here as well, must be the good food they are getting. It's also funny to watch them all sit under the dehydrators hoping that the doors will open and something will magically drop in front of them. Our new young pup makes us laugh with the way she acts like a kitten, leaping around and using her paws to wave and bat things.

I love watching the boys play. How can you not smile when little Erik is wrestling his big fluffy friend to the ground, and then scrambling on top of him and going for the "kill bite" at his neck? Kivi does actually try to stay on his feet sometimes, but Erik overwhelms him. :) But then, Kivi gets his own back, running behind Erik with Erik's tail or the handle on his harness in his mouth. He holds Erik back and Erik keeps trying to run forwards. Silly dogs.

When Erik gets into things I'll be like "Erik! What are you doing??" and he comes over and gazes up at me and wags his tail and puts his ears just a little back. I can't help laughing because he's so cute and he turns this look on as if I could ever be fooled by it. I'll say, "Were you being a brat? Yeah, and you wouldn't know appeasement if it bit you." I just know he'll be back into whatever he was into the moment I turn my back.

Kivi is just a bit special. It cracks me up when he refuses to get up to go to bed and I'll be sitting there pushing him, and Erik will be tugging on one of his legs or his tail, and he rolls around mouthing us both like he's got a disability and he thinks this is the funniest game ever. Just as I almost have him up Erik will jump on him and we all fall down again, and then Kivi's groaning and flailing feebly on his back, and I try again and he'll be like a sack of potatoes and just will not put his feet underneath him until he's had his fill of cuddles. Sneaky devil. I used to say his natural state was to be on the ground with several dogs on top of him. He has apparently not grown out of that, and in lieu of several dogs, me and Erik will do.

Charlie refuses to get out of bed too. But, he fakes sleeps and snores... I can see him watching me from the bed from the mirror, but as soon as I turn around, he quickly shuts his eyes and start breathing heavily.

I was about to say Whippet zoomies are great. :)

Watching them play with toys is great.. lots of different games.

FHRP's Rogan lost his footing once and planted his bum (and testicles) on a puppy Darcy (poodle). No damage done but a lot of laughing from those who saw it.

The sheer persistence that Honey shows when wanting a pat. Nudge elbow, wait, nudge, wait, nudge.... NUDGE. :)

I dont give in to her then and there (that would be baaaad training), but she is so easily pleased by the tiniest of pats I cannot deny her for too long. Gawd Im a sucker... :)

Also it makes me laugh when she gets the puppy bounces- she is normally such a "lady" that its lovely to see her go silly.

Mind you, the laughter subsides pretty quick when she tries to then jump in my lap. Ooooph!

Whippet zoomies on the lounge . I know I should tell them off but I can't when I;m PMSL and they have ears pinned and tails tucked, doing laps of the L shaped lounge :)

:)

What do they do when they get to the end, do they turn and go back the way they came or do the jump onto the floor and up onto the beginning the lounge again???

The spin on the spot in play bow position - so quick you can hardly see it but they do a complete 360 in a crouch.

And the slow motion pounce. Pouncing with great elevation but hanging in the air for as long as they can for effect.

And Borzoi zoomies on the couch - which end up with the couch jumping halfway across the room (yes I know I should stop them, not just psml :) )

Edited by Diva

Where do I start!

Jet is just a funny boy altogether.

When he sleeps he will lay on his back with his four legs up in the air, sometimes he will have his tongue hanging out of his mouth. :)

The look he gives me when I pull out his winter jacket, he has a ;) look on his face and runs away, so I chase him around the house until I catch him :)

He has to follow me EVERYWHERE. I go to the toilet or shower he is in there with me :)

I laugh at him when I have him outside at night for his last toilet break, he will come and stand with his face at the window whinging when I am in that room and use his paw to knock on the window.

Thats all I can think of at the moment but no doubt there are more!