Advice Needed

jazzie

Hi everyone, I need some advice/help on what i should do. I will try keep this post short as possible but try and list everything that has put me in this possision.

About a month ago i took in two Adult samoyeds they were a breeding pair that had just been used to make money. I did not want this to keep happening so i took them to have all the vet work done and then rehome them. My brother went and picked them up for me while i was at work and when i got home i saw these two dogs in bad condition it made me cry. These poor dogs were skinny and badley mattered so i knew i had a big job in front of me. Sam the male had huge matts behind his ears apparently for when they were mateing for Tash to grab onto. I brushed them a bit but planned to have them taken to the groomers. Tash had also started to drop her coat.

On the 6th of may my planes had been ruined My Mum Dad and three year old daughter were traveling back from seeing my grandfather when about 5 klm away from home a p plated came around the corner sideways on the wrong side of the road and smashed into my parents car. Mum did not make it in the accident and dad was airlifted to sydney hospital and my three year old was taken to shoalhaven hospital. I have now become my dads full time carer and no longer in the financial position to rehome these guys properly. I have failed these guys in many ways and dont want to rehome them how they are

I need some advice on what others would do Sam id say is purebred but tash i doubt it She is smaller then sam. Has round eyes my guess is she is crossed with japanese spits.

Please do not flame me i know i have failed them and feel bad enough as it is. I cant help what like has delt me and i wish everyday that i could change it.

:confused: that's terrible! I am so sorry to hear about your mum. Right now, you should be spending most of the time caring for your dad and your little girl...

You did the best you can and sometime life just simply sucks!! no flaming here!

Give these guys a call.

NSW Samoyed Rescue

Edited by CW EW

Hi everyone, I need some advice/help on what i should do. I will try keep this post short as possible but try and list everything that has put me in this possision.

About a month ago i took in two Adult samoyeds they were a breeding pair that had just been used to make money. I did not want this to keep happening so i took them to have all the vet work done and then rehome them. My brother went and picked them up for me while i was at work and when i got home i saw these two dogs in bad condition it made me cry. These poor dogs were skinny and badley mattered so i knew i had a big job in front of me. Sam the male had huge matts behind his ears apparently for when they were mateing for Tash to grab onto. I brushed them a bit but planned to have them taken to the groomers. Tash had also started to drop her coat.

On the 6th of may my planes had been ruined My Mum Dad and three year old daughter were traveling back from seeing my grandfather when about 5 klm away from home a p plated came around the corner sideways on the wrong side of the road and smashed into my parents car. Mum did not make it in the accident and dad was airlifted to sydney hospital and my three year old was taken to shoalhaven hospital. I have now become my dads full time carer and no longer in the financial position to rehome these guys properly. I have failed these guys in many ways and dont want to rehome them how they are

I need some advice on what others would do Sam id say is purebred but tash i doubt it She is smaller then sam. Has round eyes my guess is she is crossed with japanese spits.

Please do not flame me i know i have failed them and feel bad enough as it is. I cant help what like has delt me and i wish everyday that i could change it.

Please let me know what state you are in, I might be able to come and get them myself

If not I can at least try to contact someone else who could take them in

oh no, you poor thing. life has treated you harshly at the moment. no flaming here.

check out CW_EW post and contact the people in the link. no one thinks badly of you and i am sure they will help.

i do hope your daughter and dad are mending and that you are coping ok.

Please let me know what state you are in, I might be able to come and get them myself

If not I can at least try to contact someone else who could take them in

:confused::laugh: thank you what a terrific offer

I am Just out of Nowra on the NSW south coast. I still have the problem i have not recieved their microchip papers yet they were signed and the lady sent them off. How long does it normally take to get them changed over. I have their book with their microchip numbers but no paperwork from the changeover.

These dogs need work They have not much training, not house trained, if they slip their coller they run no recall. If you raise your voice tash runs. Sam also bit my partner 2 nights ago My dog is on heat so she is inside to keep them seperated we went out to feed the samoyed Sam tried to come in so as my partner tried to grab his coller to stop him sam bit him. I dont think he is agressive i think he just wanted to get to Jazz which was not going to happen. Dont get me wrong these dogs also have a verry sweet and loving side they need to be shown love and have some training and they would make someone a great family member. They both love kids and are not worried about cats.

I am Just out of Nowra on the NSW south coast. I still have the problem i have not recieved their microchip papers yet they were signed and the lady sent them off. How long does it normally take to get them changed over. I have their book with their microchip numbers but no paperwork from the changeover.

These dogs need work They have not much training, not house trained, if they slip their coller they run no recall. If you raise your voice tash runs. Sam also bit my partner 2 nights ago My dog is on heat so she is inside to keep them seperated we went out to feed the samoyed Sam tried to come in so as my partner tried to grab his coller to stop him sam bit him. I dont think he is agressive i think he just wanted to get to Jazz which was not going to happen. Dont get me wrong these dogs also have a verry sweet and loving side they need to be shown love and have some training and they would make someone a great family member. They both love kids and are not worried about cats.

Perhaps call the people who had the micorchips with and ask how the process time is going?

Moving these dogs around without paper work makes me a little nervous, I'll admit that, I don't want to end up with someone saything that they never signed the dogs over (I'm sure everything has been done right, I'm just covering myself :confused: )

So as it stands theyt are not yet desexed?

My sincere sympathies for all your losses, Jazzie.

Don't load guilt about the dogs onto yourself. You have done and are doing your best for them.

If the old owner was supposed to be transferring the dogs into your name, perhaps you could phone your council, explain the situation and ask them to check the NSW Companion Animals Registry to see if they have actually been put into your name. They won't tell you the name, but they might just might say whether or not they are now registered in your name.

If they have been transferred into your name, ask for a copy of the paperwork to be resent to you. It should have been, but some councils are pretty stretched with low staff members and dog rego can be a bit low down on the list of priorities.

Good luck and best wishes for caring for your dad and daughter.

Hi again Thankyou for all your replys. I have rung the people i got the dogs off and the husband said he is pritty sure that his wife sent the paperwork out. She is going to give me a call when she gets home. I will also ring the council and see how i go.

I am not having to find then somewhere straight away. They are still getting well looked after. I just need advice support on what i should do and also any advice on helping these two samoyeds as in grooming training and building their confidence back. I am just lost. Ever since i posted this i keep thinking Yes it would be best if they went to rescue but then does that mean 2 dogs miss out because of me. I am trying to work out what is best for them. They still get fed they still go for walks everyday and still get plenty of cuddles and i am still getting through there coats. Sorry for rambling i am just still trying to work everything out

Hi again Thankyou for all your replys. I have rung the people i got the dogs off and the husband said he is pritty sure that his wife sent the paperwork out. She is going to give me a call when she gets home. I will also ring the council and see how i go.

I am not having to find then somewhere straight away. They are still getting well looked after. I just need advice support on what i should do and also any advice on helping these two samoyeds as in grooming training and building their confidence back. I am just lost. Ever since i posted this i keep thinking Yes it would be best if they went to rescue but then does that mean 2 dogs miss out because of me. I am trying to work out what is best for them. They still get fed they still go for walks everyday and still get plenty of cuddles and i am still getting through there coats. Sorry for rambling i am just still trying to work everything out

Well the offer is there if they need a place to go. :smashpc:

As for grooming help, what are you currently trying to do with them?

Which tools are you using?

I am just lost. Ever since i posted this i keep thinking Yes it would be best if they went to rescue but then does that mean 2 dogs miss out because of me.

Don't think like that (easier said than done, I know :smashpc: ); these dogs obviously needed help and you have given it. Who knows, but they may have ended up in a pound or PTS down the track.

Oh jazzie. What an enormous heart you have to be so full of sorrow but still have room for these poor dogs. I have no advice as I am a beginner to spitz coats myself but I am sending you my best wishes in such a difficult time.

My condolences for your loss :smashpc:. Anyone who would flame you for this just isn't sane.

These exceptional circumstances simply couldn't have been forseen so you haven't done anything wrong by these two - in fact, the fact you saved them to start with has done so much more good for them than just about anything else.

Oh Jazzie, what a rotten thing to happen.

maybe reach out to some of the people in the spitz thread, someone there will have experience to guide you. I'm still learning my way with the coat and wouldn't want to give a bum-steer.

I would take Wolfsong up on her offer. A lot of us will rescue/foster our own breed but don't usually do general rescue/foster.

I think - though Wolfsong can correct me if I'm wrong - that Wolfsong doesn't do general rescue. What that means is that you're not taking up space for other rescue dogs, you're sending the dogs on to someone who really understands the breed and is well placed to fix their grooming problems and find the right home.

For example, I will foster Salukis because I know them and have a property that is well set up for them and they come along rarely enough that I can manage to do it properly on top of all my other responsibilities. I don't foster generally because I can't devote the necessary time and resources on an ongoing basis.

I would take Wolfsong up on her offer. A lot of us will rescue/foster our own breed but don't usually do general rescue/foster.

I think - though Wolfsong can correct me if I'm wrong - that Wolfsong doesn't do general rescue. What that means is that you're not taking up space for other rescue dogs, you're sending the dogs on to someone who really understands the breed and is well placed to fix their grooming problems and find the right home.

For example, I will foster Salukis because I know them and have a property that is well set up for them and they come along rarely enough that I can manage to do it properly on top of all my other responsibilities. I don't foster generally because I can't devote the necessary time and resources on an ongoing basis.

You're correct SSM, I don't usually rescue (although I have taken on rescues before) I offered for exactly the same reasons you foster Salukis.