Dolers Are Freaking Awesome!

Ashanali

Wow Tess. Just stunning. Breaks your heart to think of these animals all being endangered in the wild, and the awful things that are done to them. You've really captured their souls.

I hope the photos will still be on display when we get there.

Congratulations to all the DOL winners too.

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only do you all take amazing photos but you also inspire so many DOLers to try their hand at photography, and encourage them to keep practising and improving. That is worth a gold award on its own.

Ditto Above ....plus to exposing us all to such awesome talent :(

Congrats to all !!!

Stunning photos Tess

Hope we get to see the other award winning photos too :wave:

Serena didn't enter any dog photos. The only image of serena's that was still on display yesterday was a shot of a woman cropped across her chin, she's sitting in a chair with her hands in her lap and there was an old radio on a stand in the corner of the room. the photo below was a boy in a classroo

pulling a face... That was my photo.

I did see the Mastiff and the baby pic and not mine.... nice dog though. :eek:

Its been a big weekend with some pretty amazing results. Totally unexpected, I thought my prints would bomb esp with one I took a big risk with. :laugh:

Congrats to Ash and Tess. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the support. I will try to put some prints up later. I better do some work now. :laugh:

These I only entered in the big boys comp..... :rofl:

my double whammy gold.

4676973411_22cb49f758.jpg

Silver distinction. This nearly went gold, it was seriously so close, but I put a silly border on it. :thumbsup:

4676973405_5769e8db99.jpg

Silver

4676973431_0246689519.jpg

Edited by rocco

Huga, Yep, I re edited it. It looks really nice printed. Will show you when I next see you.

I took a risk with that scary jumping legs. I got some advice on it with some very experience photographers before hand and they both didn't know how to score it. So Ash said now is the time to put in a risky print. It was so cool as the judges totally got the photo when they talked about it. Very surprising. :thumbsup: It gave me a few sleepless nights and I think the first thing I said to Ash when I woke up on Judging morning was "what was I thinking entering that photo".... she just laughed. :rofl:

I should also mention I watched Tess prints get judged and her work scored all very easy silvers. There was a few animal pic's entered but hers went straight to an award without an argument. It was a very very tough year for pet photography and 99.9% of dog portraiture entered got totally hammered.

Edited by rocco