Poll- How Many Dogs And If You Work Full Time

jazawayaya

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work days 9am to 5pm, husbands works evenings 3pm to 11pm, so our 3 border collies have human company most of the time. I walk them for an hour before work and after work on nights we don't have training. Husband takes them out and about with him on errands and on a walk or playtime in the day time. Although probably quite anti-social it is a great situation for the dogs.

7 dogs at the moment (but can fluctuate anywhere between 6-10) and I work fulltime, live alone, no children etc.

But.. I do have one mother who insists on 'visiting' her fur-grandkids during the day to give them treats, check on welfare, give another treat, take coats off/put coats on depending on my morn or night shift, and give more treats, and when I'm lucky she puts some lovely mum home-cooked meals in the fridge so I don't have to cook when I get home :laugh:

The animals all stay home together and hold paws ;)

:eek:

Full time and two dogs. Recently I've started working from home 3 days a week and will soon be working from home 5 days a week. If I'm working in the city I am usually away for about 10 hours. OH is away for 12+.

We would take our dogs everywhere if we could, but unfortunately supermarkets, shopping centres, cafes and cinemas are not very dog friendly places. We do have a life outside of dogs, but we still spend a lot of time with them. Love taking them places for a run. They need lots of off leash play. :laugh:

Full time 1 dog, dog is walked 3 times a day, by me early mornings and evenings (even in foul weather) and by a lovely ex-neighbour during the week mid-afternoon. Spend evenings and all weekends with my dog if at all possible, my preference :eek:

My relos say when they die they want to be reincarnated as my dog. :laugh:

And now that we've done a thread on 'who works full time' with the new member, can we now do a thread on "where everyone lives" please..?

Only joking...Friday afternoon and a warped sense of humour

I didnt start it to pry into everyones life I was just wondering if the guilt I feel for leaving my dog at home is justified... Was curious is all.

Okay, three posts in a row... I have one dog and work very parttime and usually drop the dog off to friends, one with a dog...so right now he is not home a lot alone BUT soon starting three days a week 8 to 5-6... Will start doing more of a fixed walk schedule, of early morning and when I get home. Plus I then take him with me on weekends and other times...But frankly I think he gets sick of the car and might prefer to be home alone :laugh:

We have 3 dogs, my bf and I both work full time but I work split shifts, so pretty much the only time they are alone is between 8.30am and 12.15 as I then come home have lunch and don't head back to work til 3, which is when my bf finishes work.

**sigh** Four permanent dogs, currently have another 6 in care (several of them have been here for months), 8 cats, 3 x 5 month old kittens. I have had up to 18 dogs here at one time. I work full time, travel is an hour each way, I volunteer at the shelter one day a week and study too. Yep it can be done and the dogs get basic training in sit, down and some get spins, turns, say please, back. All depends on their ability to pick up new tricks quickly as I don't have a lot of time to devote to each dog for tricks. I live on 5 acres so they have plenty of room for zoomies when I am home and I have a wonderful network of friends who drop in and " kidnap" various dogs for outings.

Edited by Ams

I have always worked full time with 1 dog, but I have been lucky with flexibility which has made it easy. Unfortunately I am now working in a job with no flexibility so I am thinking about getting a second dog.

I don't like the thought of my boy being outside all day alone. :laugh:

I have two dogs - a one year old and a 4 month old.

I work fulltime, leave in the morning at the earliest 7.30 and get home latest 6.30.

I walk my older dog (not the puppy yet, she is too little still) when I can ( always have intentions to walk before work! ) but since I have gotten my puppy (only let them out together unsupervised all day as of this week) all they seem to do when I am home is sleep! Dougall used to whinge for walks and playtime constantly, now he

just lays on the couch!

I do feel really guilty leaving them though, they do very very sad faces. I also have a horse in work so I ride 2 or 3 evenings after work so either go home for 10 minutes after work then out again or go straight to stables and get home at 8 ish. I'm not sure which is better? Other evenings I stay home or the dogs come out with me. On weekends I spend lots more time with them. Having two dogs now I know it is much nicer for them when I am not there, but I still feel bad...i don't think anything will change that.

Oh, and my partner sometimes works away so I am by myself, sometimes works similar hours to me, sometimes takes time off in the week ( he is a contractor so is a bit all over the place)

I work part time at two jobs, but I always work both days on the weekend, so weekdays I am gone between 6AM and 12PM. My family has four dogs, my parents both work fulltime and my sister also has two part-time jobs. Our jobs allow us to take the dogs to work if we want, although I avoid it with my human-aggressive one. They have run of the house & yard at home.

Between my OH and I, there are six dogs. We usually have 5 at any one time. :( He works at the same job as me and as a personal trainer for his other, where he can also take the dogs. He has a friend with three Huskies and a Pom X, any one of whom stays with him for up to 3 weeks at a time. It's usually a full house!