Where Is The War Dog Memorial In Goolwa?

Robbi

I think its going be on the channel 9 news soon ! Look out for our 2 cavs just in case they were filmed in the background ! LOL

Joey (with the red jumper) and Michael made it in the footage for a few seconds :happydance: Renae and I were on the other side but we didn't make it onto the big screen.

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Jules thank you for posting both the photo and the video.

Your photo is just lovely and I am sitting here in tears after watching the video of the service.

The cans of dog food placed at the headstone brought me undone.

It must have been very moving to have actually been there.

Off topic but your town looks very pretty!

:) Thanks Jules, that was very moving.

It was sumosmum :rofl:

Wasn't it, just? Pretty teary myself. There were even a couple of cans of food at the memorial :rofl: .

You must feel very content to be part of a community like Goolwa, Jules.

I was feeling quite emotional on the day also :eek:

It is a lovely community here MM :eek:

Jules thank you for posting both the photo and the video.

Your photo is just lovely and I am sitting here in tears after watching the video of the service.

The cans of dog food placed at the headstone brought me undone.

It must have been very moving to have actually been there.

Off topic but your town looks very pretty!

Thank you Jess . I think all the dogs must have understood something special was going on because they were all very well behaved considering!

Yes the town we live is very scenic and pretty, especially now we have more water in our lovely river! :rofl:

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

There's also a wonderful book called 'M is for Mates' published by the Australian War Museum. It's been brilliantly researched & shows all kinds of animals alongside Australian soldiers, sailors & airmen. Loads of dogs, of course. The animals might be doing some work....from carrying messages in WW 1 right up to the Explosive Detector Dogs, like Herbie, in Afghanistan. Or they might be pets or mascots. My favourite is a pretty young puss who was the mascot of the Air Training School....& had permission to wear the official wings insignia on his collar. Just like a pilot would.

The book was originally intended for children but is so interesting, factual & full of great photos that adults love it!

http://www.awm.gov.au/shop/item/9781877007392/