• Doesn't matter
    • Other - explain in comments
  3. 3. For the gents: Lime green, canary yellow, electric blue etc

• Yes, eyecatching
    • No, hideous
    • Depends on the dog
    • Depends on the man
    • Other - explain in comments

Jeans, blergh, never. Have worn white jeans in a Rottweiler specialty ring but they are a huge no-no for AB rings IMHO. Just looks too casual these days when a lot of other handlers are in lovely suits.

Skirts vs pants- a lot depends on the girl, some girls look better in one or the other, some can wear either. Number 1 rule though- girls, we do not need to see what you had for breakfast! Keep it decent, not too tight and bend over in a ladylike fashion

Bright suits for blokes really does depend on the bloke, some look faaaaaabulous darling, others look like they are trying out for The Wiggles

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been known to wear jeans to shows...

I don't wear them often - usually only if it's a fat day or it's raining. The rain thing, I'm not wearing something that's dry clean only out in the mud, my jeans can be thrown into the wash when I get home and it's fine.

Skirts or pants - again, it depends on the day and the dogs I'm handling and also the judge. I prefer the look of skirts but find it easier to handle when wearing pants.

Men in bright suits - My brother wears a suit that makes him look like hotel concierge. I don't like that particular suit but there are some colourful ones out there that are fine. :thumbsup:

I used to wear black jeans.

4384574246_428c4f8c3f_z.jpg

I stopped wearing them not because they were too casual but b/c my dogs head disappeared. :thumbsup:

I now wear grey pants which I think show off my dog better.

post-13483-1278547073_thumb.jpg

My problem with bright suits on anyone is that the bright colour draws your attention to the handler and away from the dog.

Edited by Keshwar

Jeans, too casual - as someone mentioned, they look like you couldn't be bothered.

skirts - I've never owned a skirt or dress and don't like them, Pants are just way more sporty and flattering.

Fleuro suits....KAK !! as Keshwar said, you end up looking at the handler. But yes, a bright vest or tie adds some pizazz !

There are some lovely clothes around, without looking like a refugee from an eightees music video !!!

fifi

Edited by fifi

Those that know me are aware I am a bit of a shop- a[-holic come clothes freak LOL Love to dress up.

This is one of my favourite suits. Smart yet understated.

36198_1490244463924_1468366160_1277569_1856348_n.jpg

This one was for the babies debut. Team Pink or otherwise known as the Pink Ladies :thumbsup:

28901_1439173347178_1468366160_1146947_4660025_n.jpg

Edited by *Shelties N Danes*

When I first started, I wore dress jeans- technically jeans but well fitting and classy.

These days I wear subtle (brown, black, grey with the odd teal or blue thrown in), or black dress pants with a coloured blazer. Oh I also have my tweed blazer which I love- bought the matching skirt but have never worn that- I really don't like skirts, they make me feel so awkward and uncomfortable.

I am curious though- why only men in the bright suit question? I think it can be equally as horrid on a guy or a girl, but there are cases where it actually does compliment the dog well.

I am curious though- why only men in the bright suit question? I think it can be equally as horrid on a guy or a girl, but there are cases where it actually does compliment the dog well.

I like bright :thumbsup:

post-162-1278551832_thumb.jpg

Bright can look sensational on laides if it is done stylishly! It also can look equally as garish. Cut, colour fit all come into play. My royal outfit is very bright but it is a lovely suit. Not a clown suit LOL

I have no problems with a gent wearing a fluro green (or any colour) jacket with cream or black dress pants. But the matching fluro pants? :hug: Too much, too much.

It's a bit like the difference between "famous" and "infamous", you want to catch the eye of the judge & ringside but not distract them from the main focus - the dog!

I don't normally wear jeans in the show ring, but I believe they can be worn well. A guy in jeans, button up shirt and blazer with nice shoes (not clunky white sneakers) can look great, same for women. It's how it's worn and how they present the dog that counts the highest. A well dressed handler with a dirty matted dog is a far worse sight in my opinion.

I know others do not agree but I LOVE seeing the bright mens suits/ties/socks/vests/ect. they fill me with glee :)

So we gonna see Jake in a fluro suit handling Atty :D :):rofl::rofl::rofl: ;) :D :laugh:

I know others do not agree but I LOVE seeing the bright mens suits/ties/socks/vests/ect. they fill me with glee :)

So we gonna see Jake in a fluro suit handling Atty :D :):rofl::rofl::rofl: ;) :D :laugh:

There is something a little scary about seeing the dog show wiggles although reality is gives you something to smile about

Absolutely never ever wear jeans. Far too casual for a show ring in my opinion.

I used to be a pants girl until a very lovely exhibitor starting importing stunning skirt suits. I'm all about the skirts now :)

Absolutely never ever wear jeans. Far too casual for a show ring in my opinion.

I used to be a pants girl until a very lovely exhibitor starting importing stunning skirt suits. I'm all about the skirts now :)

And a fine collection you have ma'am! :D

I know others do not agree but I LOVE seeing the bright mens suits/ties/socks/vests/ect. they fill me with glee :(

So we gonna see Jake in a fluro suit handling Atty :hug::hug::cry::rofl::rofl::hug::):)

oh yes, we tend to wear so much colour, the pair of us! :cry::rofl::cry:

Jake would wear dress pants and a nice shirt but I doubt you'd get him into a suit jacket without winning a bet Shel :D though he did mention cutting his hair the other day :eek: only in passing though :p