Have You Ever Been Busted........

Have you ever been busted........talking like an idiot to your dog? :shrug:

Today at the park when I took my dog for his daily run, i decided to do some off-leash training.

Anyway, after a stay/recall from one side of the oval to the other I started praising him in a high pitch voice:

"Good boy....you're a good a boy, whose a good boy? You areeeeee! Good boy!"

Then I look up to see 2 elderly ladies looking at me like I was an idiot of epic proportions.

I thought I was alone. Evidently not.

:rofl:

Well, at least he was happy:

RIMG0024-1.jpg

Only every morning!!!

Genevieve has a run outside in the front yard... I might have a potter in the garden.... And then some poor innocent pass-buyer, hears me waffling on to her, about my phone conversation in the middle of the previous night to her Dad (my OH), and his daily dealings in where ever the hell he is (he is currently away for work in Europe, every time we speak he has moved to the next city, I rarely keep up).

I'm sure my neighbours think I have lost my marbles. :shrug:

Lol Terranik laughs at me using my "silly voice" at training all the time. It's not a normal day unless someone is laughing at me for talking to Zero like i'm completely bonkers! :rofl:

What?! It's not my fault - you're a great demo dog...er.... human! People need to be edumacated in how to talk to their dogs! :hug:

I talk to my dog all the time! At the supermarket I've had workers turn around all confused, thinking I was talking to them. I then have to explain I was talking to my dog (she's an assistance dog.) I just love the way she focuses on me when I talk to her, so I ask her things like "which one should we get, this one or this one?" :rofl:

Edited by Baby Dragon

Lol Terranik laughs at me using my "silly voice" at training all the time. It's not a normal day unless someone is laughing at me for talking to Zero like i'm completely bonkers! :rofl:

What?! It's not my fault - you're a great demo dog...er.... human! People need to be edumacated in how to talk to their dogs! :hug:

The funniest thing is hearing them try to mimic me! Especially the big macho guys with their big macho dogs!

The funniest thing is hearing them try to mimic me! Especially the big macho guys with their big macho dogs!

:D We are so cruel!

Ummmmmmmm yes- in my excited squeeeeely voice. It is rather special due to the pitch that I can get to :rofl::hug:

But hell it works!!!!

Hell I do aeroplanes when the dogs hit the contact at agility!!! With the excited squeeeeely voice! I am usually the biggest nutter wherever I train lol.

Ummm... I was cuddling a near-term pregnant rescue dog yesterday, and we were having a very cool discussion about how she wasn't going to be doing anything silly like trying to have her babies at some ungodly hour and keep everyone awake. She was very attentive... *grin*

T.

I think I've heard more than one trainer say that if your neighbours don't think you're crazy then you're not training your dog correctly.

I don't even care about busted, I'll roll out "who's the cleverest? Yes it's you, it's you sweetie, you're the cleverest, the best dog in the world!" no matter who is listening. :rofl:

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

I don't even care about busted, I'll roll out "who's the cleverest? Yes it's you, it's you sweetie, you're the cleverest, the best dog in the world!" no matter who is listening. :hug:

Yes, I have worked very hard on this myself. Self-consciousness really doesn't get us anywhere. :rofl:

I talk to my animals all the time, and not just in training. Sometimes when the kids r at school and hubby is at work the dogs are the only company I have so I natter away to them all the time. Funnily enough, they seem to sit still and listen to me warbling on, lol! My horse is an amazing listener and my hubby thinks I'm nuts as I go down to the paddock and tell Zac all about my day at feeding and rugging time! Hehe!

Most embarassing time I was busted was wen I had the salon full of grooming clients and I had finished them all off and was waiting for the owners to start picking them up. I was sitting in there with them talking away when I notice a man standing at the door wanting his dog, lol, I have no idea how long he had been standing there listening to me chatting away with the doggies! Lmao! He became a regular client after that tho, so he mustve seen the funny side of it! Haha!

Toilet training was hil-ar-i-ous!

"Good wee! Good WEE!! Good wee good wee good wee!!" .... :rofl:

Then there was my conversation with Timmy when I thought we were the only ones on our walking track as we passed a black kitty that particularly loathes Timmy and takes great acception to him walking near "her" house ...

"I know I know Timmy, cats suck, but hey, she may be bigger then you but I would fully take her down for you bro, fully, yeah I'd whip that cat's ass for you bro ..." ... :hug: ... you get the picture.

I think the lady who overtook me thought I was quite loopy.