Border Collies And Australian Shepherds

haylz27

Do you know something I don't? Or are you saying it is a possibility with any breeder?

No, I don't know, it's very possible though. And you wouldn't know either, unless you were purchasing a pup from that particular litter.

Yep, it's bonkers.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a gorgeous 6 month old Aussie at the Koolie Club sheepdog school yesterday - he was really interested in the sheep and playbowed to them to invite them to play - the sheep were no fun at all and declined his very polite invitation.

There was a gorgeous 6 month old Aussie at the Koolie Club sheepdog school yesterday - he was really interested in the sheep and playbowed to them to invite them to play - the sheep were no fun at all and declined his very polite invitation.

Hehe, I took Lottie herding the other weekend (2nd time), and although she showed lots of interest, she really wasn't sure quite what she was meant to be doing - she also went up to them and sniffed their bums like she would when meeting a dog :laugh: :D . With more practice (both me and her), and with me researching on how the Aussies are 'supposed' to herd... i'm sure we'll get better....

Hehe, I took Lottie herding the other weekend (2nd time), and although she showed lots of interest, she really wasn't sure quite what she was meant to be doing - she also went up to them and sniffed their bums like she would when meeting a dog :laugh: :D . With more practice (both me and her), and with me researching on how the Aussies are 'supposed' to herd... i'm sure we'll get better....

my lazy boy had no interest in sheep whatsoever! lol.

My dog has great instinct on sheep (not surprising as he is a WKC reg Kelpie) - I on the other hand have no idea what I am supposed to be doing and not quite enough control of him on sheep :laugh:

Aww! We will hopefully come to the next clinic, I don't think Ava will be so polite though :laugh:

Here's the cuddle monster out the back and with her Daddy....

Can I ask, is she a blue or red merle? I can usually tell the difference but in some instances like yours, I admit I can't tell and in one photo I think I can tell, then the next photo contradicts what I thought :eek::confused:

Yup she's red :)