Odd Email?

jerojath

First, we would like to congratulate you on

doing such a fine

job with the pubs over the years. They truly sound like an amazing breed

which would

make the perfect companion for anyone worthy.

We are writing to you today in search of your

professional

opinion on adopting a Visla pup.

My wife and I live in

Perth, W.A and have searched for Visla breeders in our state and have

sadly

failed to find one. It looks like they are all in the East coast or New

Zealand.

The questions on our minds are, if there are

any

implications on adopting a pub from another

state where he/she will be so far from its parents at such a young stage

of its

life? and how will this impact the pub

if at all? Will the flight over state be an issue for he/she.

Our last dog was a Visla who we cherished and

loved very

much and who brought much joy to our lives. We would very much love this

friendship with such a great companion again, but we would only love to

make

this dream a reality with pubs best intentions in mind.

We would very much appreciate your opinion on

the matter.

Thanks

Kind regards

Hmmmm, not sure weather or not to reply to this one.

Sound dodgy? or genuine questions?

Sounds perfectly legit to me and they ask "normal" questions that many/most breeders will have been asked at some time in their breeding careers. Yes, the word pup is spelled incorrectly but they could be from a non-English speaking background or maybe their spellcheck failed them? Sheesh, if we discriminated against everybody who spells badly, we wouldn't bother responding to half of the people who contact us and for that matter would ignore most DOLers! ;)

be better if they spelt PUP correctly :rofl:

Yes I was a bit confused to begin with, as until recently I owned 2 PUBS! ;)

Then I read on and realized they meant pups, which, until recently, I had lots of! :p

"they sound like an amazing breed" but they go on to say they owned a Vizsla...If I recieved this e-mail I would have deleted it.

Maybe you could ask them who they bought their last Vizsla off, prefix and State??

Edited by Bokezu

My take on that Bokezu is that the person is from a Non-English speaking background and they have made the mistake that many people make and refer to a particular breeder's lines or doggy family as a breed, simply because they don't know what else to call them.

In this case, they've been looking on Jerojath's website, they like what they see, they think from what they've read that Jerojath's dogs/lifestyle/puppy rearing methods would suit them and they would like to ask Jerojath more questions with particular reference to the age of the puppy, flight etc etc. I honestly STILL don't see anything overly suspicious about the enquiry and believe me, with the breed I have, my radar tends to blip a little more prematurely than many others! ;)

"they sound like an amazing breed" but they go on to say they owned a Vizsla...If I recieved this e-mail I would have deleted it.

Maybe you could ask them who they bought their last Vizsla off, prefix and State??

Yes it seems a bit like a generic "insert your breed here" type email.

I have no puppies so can't help them anyway.

Think I will let this one slip through....

My take on that Bokezu is that the person is from a Non-English speaking background and they have made the mistake that many people make and refer to a particular breeder's lines or doggy family as a breed, simply because they don't know what else to call them.

In this case, they've been looking on Jerojath's website, they like what they see, they think from what they've read that Jerojath's dogs/lifestyle/puppy rearing methods would suit them and they would like to ask Jerojath more questions with particular reference to the age of the puppy, flight etc etc. I honestly STILL don't see anything overly suspicious about the enquiry and believe me, with the breed I have, my radar tends to blip a little more prematurely than many others! :dancingelephant:

I read it through again a few times and yes they probably are quite genuine, I am so over scam e-mails that I am a bit too hasty to judge lately :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...