For Nic.b And Her Senior Boy Old Ray

Rescue List

:D So sorry for your loss Nic ... your tribute was truly beautiful and showed a mutual love ~ thankyou for sharing

:laugh: to you and your family

Run free handsome Ray :laugh: ... you're a very special man :love:

Lovely words K9angel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What beautiful poems K9 Angel I am going to print them out & keep it in an album for Hannah and I.

Sincere & heartfelt thanks for such special tributes & words of wisdom for Old Ray. :laugh:

His Crepe Myrtle is planted & I have a little seat over his grave. I will buy a special garden seat shortly.

Our dogs have spent a lot of time lying close to Rays grave in the sun, esspecailly Tinker tonk jug head who was very good at nicking Rays toys. Ray would only have to give one big deep "Wooof" and she would drop it & find something else to do.

They all got on so well & Old Ray was our man about the house. Ray had great respect from our dogs & fosters.

We all miss him so dreadfully, things are just not the same around here. Though I know time is the healer.

Nic xxx

Ray is such a special soul & he would be so humbled as I am by so many beautiful tributes.

One of the things I miss the most is his huge bear hugs & the fact that he would loving sit with us for hours on end and listen to our every word. He really resonated with each of us.

He loved a soft gallop on the lawn, it was magnificent to see & Ray esspecially loved his toys being thrown. He would tease me a lot, drop his toy it at my feet though still have his nose close by. If I moved a muscle he would pick it up again and almost laugh at me :thumbsup:

So we worked out a system where he would drop his toy, he would wait with his nose close by (which seemed to take forever at times depending on the fun he wanted to have at the time) yet we would not throw it until he took two or three steps backwards & off we would go again.

The kids were taught this as well.

Another thing I miss so very much is when he used to shove his head between my legs and madly shake his head from side to side. I always laughed & loved this, he also did this with my 19 year old daughter who also laughed & loved this special gesture.

My daughters partner is scared of dogs, Ellie often has to meet him at the gate as he is unsure of our fosters showing off for visitors & our Kelpie Bella likes to round anything up. Sam adored Ray & always said he was his favourite foster of all, they also spent quite a lot of time together.

Thank you so very much for your tributes, I cherish each of them.

I am so sorry I have not posted in other threads here, they are all as special as each other though just cant seem to find the strenght to look atm.

It is a beautiful forum for treasured loved ones.

Thank you so much again,

Nic & Old Ray xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't normally venture in here at risk of bawling my eyes out [which I currently am]

Nic, Ray sounds like he was an amazing dog. I am glad you gave him that extra bit to life and I am sure you and your family are eternally grateful for what he gave to you.

RIP Ray

Thank you so much for your thoughts & tributes for our Darling Ray....God I miss him so very much & loved him so.

Nothing is the same without him.

MM when I pickd up Hannah from pre school today they said she was not herself & they needed to take her temp which was fine.

I spoke with her teachers in the morning to make them aware of her loss & they were very understanding. They have a special book in the library which we can borrow tomorrow with a story of a special loved pet like Ray going to heaven.

I was honest with her regarding Ray going to heaven & she spent a lot of time with him in the morning.

It is the only time in all these years I have seen my Husband cry. He came home early to help me.

I am going to buy a special seat to put above Ray when I need to feflect upon things.

I am still very upset, so forgive me if I am not able to reply.

Ray was simply heaven on earth, so cherished & the greatest gift for each of us in every regard

Nic xxx

Wow Nic.......what a wonderful 12 months you gave this very special soul............sometimes in life we are brought together with some special soul and he allows us to see how wonderful life with our animals can be.

What a very special friend for your little one to have and he has left a piece of himself with you all.

our seniors have a very lot to offer and its such a shame all owners cant be as kind in the senior years..

hugs to you all.

Thank you :love:

In the photos of Hannah in the shell pool, Ray had only been here for two weeks or so, we were still getting out his undercoat...

I was gardening & watching them both have so much fun together, so had to get my camera.

Hannah was chatting away with Ray with all of her (at the time) goobly gook & occasionally threw his toy for him.

Ray spent so long very carefully placing it on the lip of the pool for Hannah once he retrieved it, If it fell on the grass he would pick it up & try again to put it right on the lip of the pool. If it fell in the pool he would get it out and again place it on the lip of the pool for Hannah.

Ray listened to Hannah for ages before she picked it up & threw it again, they were such good friends,

In the background our Kelpie Bella was lying flat like a pancake in the grass ready to round Ray up once he grabbed his toy.

It was a beautiful sight.

Hannah asks about Ray every day, and now she sleeps with his collar & tags under her pillow instead of me.

She is much better & understands Ray is in heaven & watching over her.

Gosh we miss our Old Darling Ray :)

What a remarkable tribute to a gorgeous old soul. They do say that everything happens for a reason, Ray came into your life for a reason and you certainly came into his for a reason. How very fitting that you should recieve such love and dedication from a soul you saved from the ultimate fear and indignity.

I bet Ray is watching over you now and hovering around Hannah willing you both to know that he is ok and will wait for you and oh what a joyous reunion that will be.

Thank you for sharing his story.

Nic.b , Through my tears I would just like to say thank you for Taking in and giving old Ray the best of life before he passed on.you are a really beautiful person.I also know the love of a shepherd.

lablove

• 3 weeks later...

This was just the most beautiful, moving tribute, Nic B. :D You have no need to appologise about being emotional. That is what this forum is all about, isn't it- the emotions that we all feel for our lost loved ones. You should feel so proud of both yourself and your beautiful Hannah, for the love and care you gave this gorgeous dog in the last chapter of her life. I don't understand how anyone can surrender a dog at such an age. I adored my old dog, and if I could have done anything to help him stay healthy long enough to remain with me, I would have done it. Anything. Sadly, as with Ray, old age claimed him in the end. As a breeder, I can understand having to give up a dog sometimes, as much as it still hurts those of us who truly love our dogs. But you always make sure that the dog is still young enough to adapt well, and that they are going to a better situation, where they will be a much-loved, well-cared for family member, and that if it doesn't work out, your door is always open for their return. Ray was so lucky that you found him when you did, and that at the end of his life you were there for him, to hold him whilst he passed over The Bridge, something his last owner was unprepared to do. Does your Hannah have another fur baby to cuddle? We can never replace our fur babies, but another can help to ease the pain. I know, because my daughter, Maddison, who is 9, can be very emotional, too. She has dyslexia, and can already suffer depression, but our other dogs are always there for her. Non-judgemental and loving her unconditionally. Love to you and Hannah, and your husband,too. :cry: Thankyou so much for sharing Ray's story with us.xox.:o Sleep well, beautiful Ray.xox.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
This was just the most beautiful, moving tribute, Nic B. ;) You have no need to appologise about being emotional. That is what this forum is all about, isn't it- the emotions that we all feel for our lost loved ones. You should feel so proud of both yourself and your beautiful Hannah, for the love and care you gave this gorgeous dog in the last chapter of her life. I don't understand how anyone can surrender a dog at such an age. I adored my old dog, and if I could have done anything to help him stay healthy long enough to remain with me, I would have done it. Anything. Sadly, as with Ray, old age claimed him in the end. As a breeder, I can understand having to give up a dog sometimes, as much as it still hurts those of us who truly love our dogs. But you always make sure that the dog is still young enough to adapt well, and that they are going to a better situation, where they will be a much-loved, well-cared for family member, and that if it doesn't work out, your door is always open for their return. Ray was so lucky that you found him when you did, and that at the end of his life you were there for him, to hold him whilst he passed over The Bridge, something his last owner was unprepared to do. Does your Hannah have another fur baby to cuddle? We can never replace our fur babies, but another can help to ease the pain. I know, because my daughter, Maddison, who is 9, can be very emotional, too. She has dyslexia, and can already suffer depression, but our other dogs are always there for her. Non-judgemental and loving her unconditionally. Love to you and Hannah, and your husband,too. :mad Thankyou so much for sharing Ray's story with us.xox.:crazy: Sleep well, beautiful Ray.xox.:rofl:

Thank you so much Paddy Forever, Ray is most certainly a very special soul.

We have been truly blessed to have Ray in our home and our hearts.

Hannah is much better. She understands Ray is in heaven & sometimes looks up at the clouds in the sky to see a picture of Ray up there, watching over us.

Hannah tells me Ray is very happy in heaven as he has lots of other dogs & children to play with....here I go with the tears again....Children are just incredible.

We have two dogs of our own & two fosters. Hannah also loves our cat Peppa. She certainly gravitates to the older, special dogs as she is such a compasionate little girl.

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful words of wisdom, wishes and thoughts.

I am so sorry as I can still not bring myself to look at the other threads just yet with the fear I wont be able to stop crying for you all.

Hugs and love to you all

Nic xxx