White Pomeranian

lattepom

Hi everyone,

I just came back from my overseas holidays not long ago & happened to see some White Pomeranian puppies for sales at pet shop. They were absolutely stunning & beautiful...!!! I still can't stop thinking about having one.. Does anyone know any local breeders that breeds White Pomeranian???? Highly appreciate you reply.. Thank you kindly....! :)

I think you will find most breeders will suit puppies to homes based on personality/temperament and the suitability to that lifestyle, obviously everyone has their own personal preference, but chosing a pup on colour alone may not be the best option for you.

Crouchent Pomeranians & Dochlaggie, have whites and very light creams.

Betty from Crouchent is a lovely lady and will help anyone.

Please be sure that you get a puppy suited to YOU though, dont rule out a dog based on colour alone :)

Also it may be worth having a look through our rescue threads and contacting Pom Rescue :)

Best Of lccuk

Please research the breed before you rush out to buy a dog just because you like the look of it or because it's a particular colour. All breeds are different and have their own distinctive traits and a breed that suits one person may be a disaster for someone else. Colour is the last thing you should be concerned with when selecting a companion that will be living with you for the next 10 to 15 years.

great little dogs/...affectionate and smart to boot

but that coat is a mess if youre not prepared to brush and keep up with it

also the nails must be done...or they can overgrow and harm the dogs feet

if you go for colour then be prepared that some breeders will charge over 1000 just for the creams and whites

if you go for colour then be prepared that some breeders will charge over 1000 just for the creams and whites

Hi many thanks for the info. Me & my wife only live in medium size house with small back yard. As we used to enjoy walking & cycling our previous dog. We intend to keep a dog again with the same type of activities. Also, we would want a small dog. What sort of of breed would you recommend?

Cheers

Hi many thanks for the info. Me & my wife only live in medium size house with small back yard. As we used to enjoy walking & cycling our previous dog. We intend to keep a dog again with the same type of activities. Also, we would want a small dog. What sort of of breed would you recommend?

Cheers

If you do the research and still like the Spitz breeds, the Japanese Spitz might suit. They're a bit larger than a Pom and probably would cope with the exercise better. They can be vocal so you'd have to be on top of that from the word go.

And they only come in one colour :rofl: :

japanese-spitz.jpg

Edited by poodlefan

Cheers

You do realise how tiny a properly bred pomeranian is? They aren't really a breed you can go cycling with.

Cheers

You do realise how tiny a properly bred pomeranian is? They aren't really a breed you can go cycling with.

Yes, maximum weight for a full grown Pomeranian is only 2.5kgs, so they are really tiny dogs. A Japanese Spitz, at around 6-8kgs would probably be a much better choice for the activities you have in mind.

PF, could DeShonko knock one up with long legs? Or better yet - with wheels?!

Yes, I know the actual size of the teacup size breed. The one we had was somewhat weight 5-6 kg. bigger than conventional size. He enjoy short running & cycling with us.

Yes, I know the actual size of the teacup size breed. The one we had was somewhat weight 5-6 kg. bigger than conventional size. He enjoy short running & cycling with us.

German Spitz (Mittel) might be another one to look at lattepom. They seem a very nice dog.

I wonder if the white Poms in the petshop were purebreds? If the colour is a bit unusual in the breed it would suggest that they weren't.

It is a permissable colour by the breed standard, its just not as popular as the orange (which I believe was originally a rarer colour!)

I dont see why the OP shouldnt get another pom if they love the breed and understand it is a tiny dog that needs grooming and a lot of indoor time and human attention. They just saw a different colour and loved it!

Huh? This is not the "teacup" size - this is the correct size for the breed. I have no doubt they come bigger, because nature works like that but a Pomeranian isn't meant to be a 5-6kg dog, it's meant to be a 2-3kg dog. No different than saying you'd like a Saint Bernard but that's a bit big so lets get one that is only 1/2 the proper size.

Yes of course you can buy a Pomeranian that will grow to twice the correct size for the breed, but have a look at a breed that's meant to be the size dog you actually want to buy is the suggestion being made. :eek:

"Teacup" is a term used by puppy farmers and backyard breeders to make their runty undersized badly bred puppies sound cute and different so they can charge lots of money for puppies which could well be very unhealthy and abnormal.

German Spitz (Mittel) might be another one to look at lattepom. They seem a very nice dog.

I agree, there is a lovely lady in my area who shows 2 of these dogs and they're just gorgeous dogs, quite compact but not as small or as 'fine' as Pomeranians.

I agree, there is a lovely lady in my area who shows 2 of these dogs and they're just gorgeous dogs, quite compact but not as small or as 'fine' as Pomeranians.

My mum used to breed them years ago. Yes, they are very good breed. Do you know whether your neighbour have any puppies for sale? If yes, How much is she expecting for the price? Hope it's not too costly as I only got certain limit of budget. ;)

Huh? This is not the "teacup" size - this is the correct size for the breed. I have no doubt they come bigger, because nature works like that but a Pomeranian isn't meant to be a 5-6kg dog, it's meant to be a 2-3kg dog. No different than saying you'd like a Saint Bernard but that's a bit big so lets get one that is only 1/2 the proper size.

Yes of course you can buy a Pomeranian that will grow to twice the correct size for the breed, but have a look at a breed that's meant to be the size dog you actually want to buy is the suggestion being made. ;)

"Teacup" is a term used by puppy farmers and backyard breeders to make their runty undersized badly bred puppies sound cute and different so they can charge lots of money for puppies which could well be very unhealthy and abnormal.

Appreciate if anyone could give me some suggestions of the small-mid size breed that best with indoor most of the time & can do short running & cycling too.