Anyone Bought One Of These Before?

Kaffy Magee

Yes and I wouldn't bother. The one I purchased is sitting here in my loungeroom because if it is pushed anywhere, the doors fall off! Add to that, it isn't finished well and has heaps of sharp edges and raw metal to cause injury and the floor doesn't fit the rest of the trolley properly!! :thumbsup:

The best investment I made was in an Ossie Scales trolley, although I admit that the first trolley I ever purchased (when my now 18 year old was in the tum) is a heavy metal one that gives me a hernia to lift but is still going strong today.

Yes and I wouldn't bother. The one I purchased is sitting here in my loungeroom because if it is pushed anywhere, the doors fall off! Add to that, it isn't finished well and has heaps of sharp edges and raw metal to cause injury and the floor doesn't fit the rest of the trolley properly!! :vomit:

The best investment I made was in an Ossie Scales trolley, although I admit that the first trolley I ever purchased (when my now 18 year old was in the tum) is a heavy metal one that gives me a hernia to lift but is still going strong today.

:( :( :laugh: :p That sounds like the one I have. :vomit::doh: :D :(

I bought one back in February :(

Wouldn't bother, save your biccies and buy a real trolley.

So many things have broken on it and it is very flimsy and wonky.

I have come close to throwing it quite a few times :(

Don't touch it with a barge pole! Sorry, but I have one - and I've just gone out and bought a much better one because that one is so bad!

Let me list the problems:

• wheels come off - especially if you need to go over bumpy ground. I lost one in Ballarat showground carpark.
  • wheels bend - especially if you are pushing it with a dog inside!
  • pins holding the top come out. have lost one, somewhere in a ring in victoria
  • the top cover board warps
  • aluminium is cheap and not well constucted
  • whole thing is rickety and wobbles when my dogs stand on the board when I'm grooming
  • bolt doesn't always slide cleanly across
  • is a COW to push! and regularly gets stuck on anything other than smooth concrete

NOT worth the money!

Here is a pic of my new trolley - which I LOVE and is made by a guy in Geelong. Yes, its more expensive but it will last me the next 15years - and while its heavier, its far easier to push around! It has phenumatic tyres and fold down handles too :(

DSC07998.jpg

DSC08000.jpg

DSC07996.jpg

DSC07994.jpg

DSC08011.jpg

DSC08015.jpg

DSC08006.jpg

Lappiemum:

Here is a pic of my new trolley - which I LOVE and is made by a guy in Geelong. Yes, its more expensive but it will last me the next 15years - and while its heavier, its far easier to push around! It has phenumatic tyres and fold down handles too

:(:laugh:

Very nice :(

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dog-Show-Trolley-1-...=item53e29cfe9d

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PET-HEAVY-DUTY-DOG-...=item5193f9773c

Im thinking about getting a trolley and just wondering if anyone has bought either of these? The second one has two doors which dont look very wide so I probably prefer the one in the first link I posted.

I have to agree with everyone else about the first one. I have one of those and I have lost 2 wheels so far and yes they also bend. The rest of it is ok though. I just keep it in the house now for grooming the dogs.

The 2nd one looks better constructed than the first. The wheels, whilst being the same, appear to have a different system to attach them to the trolley and has wheel locks.

I have just purchased a new trolley from Don Day in Sydney which has those wheel locks on it and is also made of aluminium. Great little trolley. Handles fold down to make it easier to fit in the boot and it is well made and solid whilst still being light enough for me to get into and out of the car without having a heart attack.

Yes and I wouldn't bother. The one I purchased is sitting here in my loungeroom because if it is pushed anywhere, the doors fall off! Add to that, it isn't finished well and has heaps of sharp edges and raw metal to cause injury and the floor doesn't fit the rest of the trolley properly!! :vomit:

:( :( :laugh: :p That sounds like the one I have. :vomit::doh: :D :(

Yes, BB your ol' trolley is a Beautie! I think it'll keep going for EVER!!!

I have a four door aluminium and I don't think it will last for years and years, my OH had to redo the fixed wheel as it just buckled over and wouldn't hold the weight. The supplier said I'd put the fittings on wrong but we hadn't so hubby redid the wheels for me. It's going okay but I don't have a heavy breed of dog (Cavs). It does save my back though as it's not real heavy for it's size, about 19 kg though. There are sharp edges on the lid too and where the aluminium has been cut.

:(:laugh: :p :vomit: That sounds like the one I have. :doh: :D :( ;)

Well I have the BROTHER to them. :(

I'm baffled by everyones comment about the aluminium trolley! :(

I have one which I brought through K9 Antics last year when I started showing my Min Pin back in September I think so it is nearing a year since I have owned it.

I can tell you that I have no broken wheels, no broken doors, no things out of place!

I have pushed it on many surfaces! Country Shows, KCC Shows, Obedience Club on a Gravel Surface.

I do agree it can be rickety when pushing it on rough gravel surface, but it didn't damage it so far!

I can tell you during summer show I had chairs, gazebos, 2 Min Pins, etc etc in these trolley and still made it to the place to set up! :( Now imagine all the weight of this trolley when it was pushed around!

I agree that it's worthwhile saving the money up for a good sturdy trolley, but I am just honestly baffled by the criticism of the aluminium trolley!

I have paid a fair bit for this trolley, along with a kennel mat and cover, and at the moment don't regret it because I can't ask for anything better than I have and it suits what I am after as I don't show often and only show a lot over the warmer weather and it will be handy for trialling.

I doubt very much that the K9 Antics trolleys are from the same place as the other ones mentioned here.

The one I purchased was from an ebay seller and whilst it is great because it is taller than most other trolleys it is really not much good otherwise. :(

Tambaqai, I'm sure you will enjoy your trolley for many years. The ones on ebay are generally the cheap, cheap, cheapest copy available - no resemblance to the Australian made ones, except for (maybe) in photographs. If you saw one beside the good quality ones you would never think it was a bargain at all.

I've never had an aluminium trolley because my dogs weigh about 16-19 kgs and I don't think they would stand the pace, although I like the idea of the lightness of them.

Over 37 years ago I bought a metal one, another about 28 years ago and another about 5 years ago and they are all still good. The oldest one has had it's floor replaced because of kids playing in it but other than that they still look good.

Door locks have improved, the floor and top are of heavier ply and they have a rear set of swivel wheels but they are still basically the same.

The other half has replaced the wheels on the older trolleys with swivel ones.

And still as heavy, unfortunately.

I doubt very much that the K9 Antics trolleys are from the same place as the other ones mentioned here.

The one I purchased was from an ebay seller and whilst it is great because it is taller than most other trolleys it is really not much good otherwise. :confused:

Yep, mine was an ebay seller too. It is a good grooming height though.

Hmmmm, ok thanks for that everyone.

I just wanted something I could wheel ringside(without the dog in it) to put a puppy/dog in for easy swapping, as I now have more than 2 dogs to show, plus its good to have a table to put stuff on. I have large wire crates and they are just too heavy to go shifting around all the time. Do you think if I didnt wheel it around with anything heavy in it, it might do the job I want? Its only because its got wheels and is easy to move that I want it. Probably not something I will use all the time....or maybe I will, I dont know. I just didnt want to spend a fortune on one thats all, maybe I should just use soft crates, but I dont like them as much for larger dogs.

I know my friend had a cheaper one, not sure if its the same though, she has made a few minor modifications and its a fair bit ricketty but she loads hers up to the top with stuff too. She has had it for a while and Its still going, but defiinitely doesnt look excellent quality.

anyway thank you all, gives me something to think about.

The second one pictured is from a seller that I have bought 6 stainless steel crate/trolleys from. They are made in China and I paid between $90 - $130 each for them and I didn't use the wheels and they are static beds for the dogs at night. Thrilled to bits with them and they are perfect for what I need them for. Quality is fine enough and I haven't had any major dramas and I don't regret buying them at all - not at that price. The show trolley is obviously the 2nd Generation of their product.

However, if I was buying a new show trolley (my old two are still going strong after 10 & 13 years respectively) then I would go the Geelong made ones (the photos looked impressive) or good old C Crates who have a quality product. The show trolleys take a pounding and the makers in Australia understand what we need and want and have refined the product to accommodate us. Yes, they are more expensive but I still have mine and still cannot justify replacing them. They just won't break! :laugh: They come up on DOL in the For Sale area often so keep a look out. I'd rather have a 2nd hand one of these than the China imports.

Cheers

I've never had an aluminium trolley because my dogs weigh about 16-19 kgs and I don't think they would stand the pace, although I like the idea of the lightness of them.

Over 37 years ago I bought a metal one, another about 28 years ago and another about 5 years ago and they are all still good. The oldest one has had it's floor replaced because of kids playing in it but other than that they still look good.

Door locks have improved, the floor and top are of heavier ply and they have a rear set of swivel wheels but they are still basically the same.

The other half has replaced the wheels on the older trolleys with swivel ones.

And still as heavy, unfortunately.

My boy is 21kgs, my new trolley which is aluminium - but well built! - will take him, as well as another dog (16kg) and anything else I load up.

My old cheap e-bay rip off was ok if he was just sitting in it, but don't try pushing him in it!LOL

I have an OKS aluminium one (with another on the way) and I love them. Nice and light but can withstand off-roading and being loaded up. I can easily fit 2 15kg+ dogs in there plus my grooming box, chair, extra dog crap etc. Or alternatively my deluxe gazebo and all the trimmings, plus an esky etc. Really durable!

:laugh: Kaffy Magee, if you don't want to open and close the doors, then go for the cheap ebay ones!!!! *said very tongue in cheek of course because I know you actually do need to open and close the doors*

The only use I have for my cheap trolley is for quick grooming jobs (the height is excellent and especially good now that my back is bad). Otherwise, I have one door (the worst one) literally wired shut and I have to continually (like every three days or so) fix the other door or it won't close and goodness knows what would happen if I tried to move it!! The floor fits badly and I have another sheet of plywood underneath the centre to brace it or with even the smallest dog, it buckles downwards and ends up underneath the frame.

My Ozzie Scales trolley has been frequently used both at shows and at home for drying Staffords on and for trimming toenails, tails etc. I also use it for the Staffords at shows and it hasn't missed a beat yet!

Here is a photo of it at a show with two Staffords on top and one inside! :vomit:

post-864-1280394737_thumb.jpg