Fun With Friends Dogs... Photo Heavy

redangel

Went and visited a friend this week, wanted to practice taking pics of other dogs (not poodles) Their bunch is a real mixture of personalities. My fav was the pug x chi...I nickname her 'Bug"...she has such big eyes on a little head! was only there for about half an hour, hopefully my friend will have some keepsake piccys to treasure now.

m_Cadbury2.jpg

m_Chadd1.jpg

m_Chadd3.jpg

the "Bug"

m_Chloe3.jpg

m_Chloe2.jpg

..fav pic

m_Chloe1.jpg

Your friend will love these! I laughed at the toe chewing one. My fave is the first one of the little chi where she? sort of blends into the background cause it's a similar colour.

Edited by Kirislin

Good idea Kirslin. I was actually attending a study group, so when there was a break I took out my camera and shot these. All pictures were taken by me sitting in an armchair- I didnt move around at all! It is what one does to keep awake when one is tired after a days work prior to study group.

Thanks for your looking!

um...she is called bug for a reason LOL

Her head looks and is like a chi size and her body looks grafted on a chubby pug body....isthat what you mean?

Agreed with background looking distracting, I should watch for that. My pictures were really just snaps taken during coffee break when studying lol Yes I wasnt feeling much like study!

she might but no reason to photograph her with angles like that to make it even more obvious, unless that was what you were intending, and how the owner wants to see her. I note from another post that you were thinking about wanting to charge people for doing shots, and when you do, you need to capture their animals in a way that they are happy to look back and see them, and not just a snapshot type pose that they could do themselves. Bet you would be surprised how different she might look if you changed up the angles you were using to shoot her, like getting down to her level and shooting eye to eye, or shooting totally from above, and not chopping the body in half - for limb chops, as with people, you want it to be intentional, not just because you ran out of space - you will see with the 1st shot, with a higher chop, it is a lot more flattering - would either crop tighter or include the whole body, 2/3 crops like these don't look as pleasing, kind of like a shot of a person with half an arm - it should either all be there or not, not looking like it has been cut off through accident. Would also watch the hands on the body (guessing it is a hand in the left of one of the shots on her back), as that is also distracting.

I do like the exposure on these, and you have great focus on the eyes, and some nice light in there, which is half the battle over the "dead" eye black pools or awful redeye or pinhole catchlights from a flash that one sees sometimes, so lots to like about these, just some other stuff to think about and work on if you choose. Just my 2c worth

Thank you Linda K I appreciate the time you have taken in explaining this. I acknowledge what you have said. I have much to learn still but have been concentrating on my light use so its great to have feedback on what Ive been working on as well. Aways keen to learn.