In Real Life

I just met a bernese an hour ago too, OMG what a divine creature. This one belongs to my daughters friend, she was massive. But what a love bug, she did this thing where she would lean on you and nearly push you over, she just wanted pets and attention. When they put her outside you should have seen the sad puppy dog eyes... The one I met was 5 and still pretty excited and bouncy, she was nearly as tall as my 5yo son. :laugh:

The Mum said she's a great dog, but the vet bills are nearly as huge as she is.

my mate has one of these i did have a look for one and after getting basicly no replys from breeders and after talking to my mate about how she had the same and basicly had to wait a very long time and had to get a breeder in her crn to get any info or a look in with the breeders.

i am like to hard basket

but im glad now LOL im getting a white fluffy dog insted :o

You weren't looking hard enough! :rofl:

I always wanted one (the only large sized dog that's ever interested me) , they are beautiful ! ;)

I've met a few over the years, all great temperaments, especially Cassie's !

Aww thankyou Jules! :p That makes me proud.

Berners are truly the most lovely natured and beautiful dogs! They have it all, looks and temperament. I have said this before, but I have never heard of anyone who DOESN'T like the breed after having met them :laugh: And I know we all have our preferences, but I challenge anyone to call a Berner ugly! :rofl:

Edited by cassie

I have labs, but have recently added a beautiful Bernese puppy into our family. She is just gorgeous. She has the sweetest, but quirkiest personality I have ever seen in a puppy. She is 15 weeks old, and is super exciteable and bouncy, but is learning really fast.

Here is a photo of her, taken when she was about 10 weeks old.

post-7564-1281088364_thumb.jpg

I have to say the most friendly, beautiful, gentle dog i have ever met was a BMD that a guy used to bring up

to my local dog park.

Edited by RottyLover01

The one I met yesterday the parents were asking us if we wanted to look after her when they go on holidays. If I didn't have such a little dog I would have jumped at the chance.

Another thing this one did, she backed up to the couch and rested her butt on the couch, like she was sitting but she's so tall she was actually standing... it was hilarious!! :laugh:

One of my obedience club friends has a Berner. He has his CCD and is working towards CD now. He's gorgeous, with a fantastic temperament.

Must do research about hips/elbows before owning and research the breeder carefully. Unfortunately my friend got caught out... :hug:

Sonia

One of my obedience club friends has a Berner. He has his CCD and is working towards CD now. He's gorgeous, with a fantastic temperament.

Must do research about hips/elbows before owning and research the breeder carefully. Unfortunately my friend got caught out... :hug:

Sonia

That's a shame...but true not everyone has the breeds best interest at heart.

The only one I have met in real life is Cassie's Zephyr and he is absolutely gorgeous. He seems to have the perfect temperament and I would love to own one like him one day.

Thankyou, appreciate this :)

When I adopt mine, I will go to Cassie's breeder :hug::hug: . They'd have to have a retired stud or bitch because I wouldn't have the energy for a pup.

That's a shame...but true not everyone has the breeds best interest at heart.

It's particularly sad in this particular case, because my friend did research temperament & health before she bought one. Breeder hasn't offered any backup now that the dog has hips & elbows that aren't great.

Still, it's a learning curve, and my friend is doing everything she can for the beautiful, gorgeous dog.

They are WONDERFUL dogs!!

Sonia