Feeding A 8 Yo Gsd Without Fuss

GSDowner

I am going to be away for 3 months. I am hearbroken to be leaving my baby behind,

but have to go due to a family member's ill health.

My boy will be looked after by my friend. She will feed him and I want to make it simple for her.

I was thinking that perhaps Dry Eukanaba would be easy, just several cups mixed with water.

(my friend can't handle fresh meat)

My question is how much in weight would I need to feed him (I researched their website but would like to be sure) assuming that eukanaba would be the only food given to him.

My friend would just put several cups of Eukanaba dry food and pour some water over it and voila!

Edited by GSDowner

No one here knows your dog, what he weighs, how active he is, what his current diet is etc - you will need to take all those things into account and trial the food to see what suits him

No one here knows your dog, what he weighs, how active he is, what his current diet is etc - you will need to take all those things into account and trial the food to see what suits him

True, but I just wanted to know whether it is assumed that apart from Eukanaba

owners are expected to feed dogs fruit, vegetables, bones etc.

True, but I just wanted to know whether it is assumed that apart from Eukanaba

owners are expected to feed dogs fruit, vegetables, bones etc.

some do and some dont

it is entirely up to you

the high end dry foods are meant to be a complete food

why not start him on it now and see how he goes before you leave

if he needs more, your friend can add sardines, eggs etc

check his weight and the side of the bag and just 1 cup of water, at least it will reduce the bloat risk.

I am sure he will miss you as much as you will miss him. Hope your loved one will be okay.

check his weight and the side of the bag and just 1 cup of water, at least it will reduce the bloat risk.

I am sure he will miss you as much as you will miss him. Hope your loved one will be okay.

There is no evidence to suggest adding water reduces risk of bloat - in fact research seems to suggest that soaking the kibble actually increases the risk - particularly when the kibble contains citric acid.

There is no evidence to suggest adding water reduces risk of bloat - in fact research seems to suggest that soaking the kibble actually increases the risk - particularly when the kibble contains citric acid.

yep very true plus over soaking can increase fermenting