New Car

SeeGee

Hi team

Can you help me please? We have gotten a new car, and it has leather seats. What do you successfully use to protect your seats when the dogs are in the back? Id appreciate any recomendations.

Thanks

Jacqui

My parents car has leather seats. They put a blanket down over the seat, then put one of those dog car protector things over the top.

ETA - i think they're called dog back seat hammocks ?

Edited by wagsalot

We use a polar fleece blanket... To be honest, we are not overly worried. We have a leather couch that she jumps all over too! I would rather leather than fabric, as it is generally more durable and much easier to clean!

Congrats on the new car!

The seats in my new (second hand ) car are leather and I just use a back seat buddy and then a blanket. I am lucky mine is a wagon so if the digs are wet or dirty they just go in the back. I got my back seat protector from the reject shop for $12 you can get them to cover the whole seat from auto barn or super cheap auto.

I got a seat protector from a $2 shop. it is quite good and only cost $7

(i thought all things in a $2 shop wre meant to be under $2 though :laugh:)

Mine was a cheapy too and its just as good as the other one I've got that cost nearly 3 times as much!

I have a brand new car that I don't want Zero's paws touching (or him shedding on) so I use a blanket and a backseat buddy.

I got the blanket from coles for like $4 or something but the backseat buddy was expensive! I love it though and he settles a lot better than he used to on our old polyester one!

We use a polar fleece blanket... To be honest, we are not overly worried. We have a leather couch that she jumps all over too! I would rather leather than fabric, as it is generally more durable and much easier to clean!

Congrats on the new car!

We do this too! ;)

We have to pull the seats forward and tuck it all in otherwise it just slips and slides and she is on the leather again! :laugh:

How do people secure their dogs when they have a blanket over the seat though???

I bought my dog car seat protector from Aldi a year or two ago (even though I don't have any dogs at the moment) :provoke: It cost about $10. It clips onto the headrests so that it stays in place and covers the back seat entirely.

I brought a wonderful invention called a backseat buddy. They also stop your dogs from falling on the floor when you brake.

Because they are really padded it stops scratches from the dogs nails.

They are excellent quality and last forever, I highly recommend them. I also purchased a $12 cheapy from Reject shop for the other car but it isnt as good and fell apart within months.

Backseat Buddy can be purchased online - Just do a google search

I got a really good backseat buddy from Autobahn. Cost around $35, but it's nice and thick and protects the backseat really well. I had a cheap one from the Reject shop but it was crap compared to the better quality one, although it might have been OK if my dogs were smaller and lighter.

I have the authentic backseat buddy, had it for about 8 years now and it still looks new. It's been through many washes in the machine as well. :crossfingers:

ETA: It comes with quite a few strap configurations so if you want to strap it down to clips in your boot/back or to the child safety anchor points you can do that too.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Hi team

Can you help me please? We have gotten a new car, and it has leather seats. What do you successfully use to protect your seats when the dogs are in the back? Id appreciate any recomendations.

Thanks

Jacqui

[/quot

Mmmmm, nice new leather seats, trailer on the back perhaps? :o