Family Portraits (pack Style)

tlc

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it always windy there. I reckon you should go back and try to get them closer together and take a close up shot with a wider aperture to get a shallow depth of field. Would they stand really close together so you could just get their heads or at least heads and upper bodies.

This one is probley the best close up one I have of all of them together, it is at the same park just on a not so windy day! We do get a lot of wind here but have the occasional calm day :)

Not really a shallow depth of field but I like that they are all looking at the camera and it is resonably close up.

DSC_0272-1-1.jpg

Love all the photos.... :)

Tlc..... do you find it more difficult to take 'in focus' photos of long haired dogs? It is much easier to take nice 'sharp' photo of Ringo than Nandi.... :wave:

Ringo and Nandi... they are actually on lead. I edited hubby out, he was standing behind them...:D

5035359086_aa5e3a4961_z.jpg

Ringo, Nandi and their best friend Lollie Blossom

5035345126_f1f23fba13_z.jpg

Not really a Portrait, but don't they look good in their matching coats.... :D

5035346680_7c64296f54_z.jpg

I am loving this thread, i am blown away by the quality of these photos, thanks TLC for starting it. By the way I love your dogs

This was a family portrait we had done a few years ago.

Photos024.jpg

They are not looking but this is the four dogs with Fibi our cat just after a groomer cut all her hair off taking over our bed,

055jpg.jpg

More recent, getting snacks from dad again sorry for a back shot again

animals002.jpg

This is an old photo,

Animals301.jpg

Here are my guys. The only way I could get Isaak to stay there was to tie him to the bench and he doesn't look too happy about it.

fam1.jpg

This was the first attempt but you could clearly see the lead. At least he looks a bit happier here.

fam3.jpg

:) Look at that Ringo in the last pic..shameless! :rofl:

Boys....... :cool:

Edit: Mish 13... love one of your dogs....... :p guess which one.... ;)

GayleK... your dogs are beautiful... :)

I wont tell my OH Skipper is his dog and he thinks he is the best looking out of all of them. He is my fist ever Jack Russell and he has won me over, he is such a character and loves every body including other dogs.

This is when I brought him home for my OH for Xmas

Animals164.jpg

On our boat trying to get the cat

Animals172.jpg

Love all the photos.... :eek:

Tlc..... do you find it more difficult to take 'in focus' photos of long haired dogs? It is much easier to take nice 'sharp' photo of Ringo than Nandi.... :mad

Ringo and Nandi... they are actually on lead. I edited hubby out, he was standing behind them...:o

5035359086_aa5e3a4961_z.jpg

Ringo, Nandi and their best friend Lollie Blossom

5035345126_f1f23fba13_z.jpg

Not really a Portrait, but don't they look good in their matching coats.... :o

5035346680_7c64296f54_z.jpg

Ringo and Nandi are so cute together!

I have never really thought about fluffier/long haired dogs being harder to photograph. I do think when I look at photos of short haired dogs they do look a lot clearer so you definatley have a point, I wonder if it is just the fact that strait coated dogs are just more streamlined therefore seem nore in focus??

Mish, your dogs are gorgeous, is your little poo a mini or a toy? Love them all on the bed, why did you have your Kitty shaved, is she a persian, shes very cute, How does she go on the boat do you take her out on the water?

Gayle, your little fella has grown so quickly, they don't stay puppies long enough! A lovely doggy family you have thier!

TLC Coco is a toy poodle

Yes Fibi is a chinchilla persian I sent her in to be groomed because she had a couple of knots. Instead of combing them out they just shaved her of, I was not a happy person that day.

Fibi has spent quite a bit of time on our boat and she is very happy when it is under sail but not so happy when the motor is running. She sits up on deck with the wind in her face, its funny to see.

Here is a couple of shots on the boat and checking out the scenery with my OH, its a bit messy behind the ladder, that is our storage area.

Sorry to highjack your thread TLC

100_0474.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0469.jpg

Edited by mish13