Martin Clunes: Life With Dogs

Brennan's Mum

Life With Dogs

I saw a preview for a 2 part hour long documentary with Martin Clunes which will be on Channel 7 at 7:30pm next Saturday ( 11th of September). I had just watched the Martin Clunes Horsepower show which was quite good ( and I am not really that big a fan of horses). This show says that Martin Clunes travels down here to see Dingo's as well as goes to visit Wolves in order to see how modern dogs came to be etc.

Looks interesting. I just thought I would share in case anyone else is interested :(

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it. And set the recorder for next week :p

I didnt see all of it, but what I saw I loved!! Made me miss riding so much! How was the armour he and the horse had on!! I dont think I wouldve even got past a trot - especially with the limited vision of the pair of them :p

I will have to record next weeks, hope its as good as this week.

Anything with Mr Clunes is bound to be good though, hes a legend! I may have to track down some Men Behaving Badly DVD's... :love:

Well if you like immature English comedy, youll love this!!

Martin and Neil Morrissey play a pair of idiot beer drinking English lads, and the series pretty much revolves around their non-pc lives!!

It also has Caroline Quentin as Garys (Martin) long suffering girlfriend and Leslie Ash as Neils (Tony) love interest.

Great series, but probably very 80's by now. Wikipedia has a good rundown of it!

Bring back Doc Martin :love: Ihope they have another series! I would also love to visit the place where its filmed - looks so beautiful!

The contrast between his Men Behaving Badly character and his Doc Martin persona is incredible. I guess this makes him a pretty good actor! Doc Martin viewers might remember that he hated dogs and that all the neighbourhood dogs seemed to take a shine to him - he was always yelling at them and shooing them away with his feet. In real life he has a number of dogs and just loves them. I saw him on the Graham Norton show on ABC2 a couple of months ago and he said that anyone who doesn't love dogs has somethingseriously wrong with them. (I concur!)

He also said that a fifth series of Doc Martin is in the plannng stages! Woo hoo!

The contrast between his Men Behaving Badly character and his Doc Martin persona is incredible. I guess this makes him a pretty good actor! Doc Martin viewers might remember that he hated dogs and that all the neighbourhood dogs seemed to take a shine to him - he was always yelling at them and shooing them away with his feet. In real life he has a number of dogs and just loves them. I saw him on the Graham Norton show on ABC2 a couple of months ago and he said that anyone who doesn't love dogs has somethingseriously wrong with them. (I concur!)

He also said that a fifth series of Doc Martin is in the plannng stages! Woo hoo!

I saw bits of this episode too Curlyburt!! Excellent news about Doc Martin :love: mustve missed this bit....

I reckon he is a great actor as well. Doc Martin and Gary are as opposite as two people could be! I often wonder how hard it must be for him to portray the Doc Martins character - I bet there are quite a few retakes, which I would love to see!

Love Martin Clunes and all his programs. :love: Men behaving badly is a classic!!!!

cant wait to see the dog show!

Loved the horse one where his mare had a foal, Alice :laugh: and martin welcomed her into the Clunes family for hopefully 30 years :p wonderful amazing man, on Islands Of Britain he cuddled every animal he saw :p

Yes, I noticed that, too. Martin cuddled every animal that came into his sight on the Islands of Britain program. And the horse one has been magnificent. I loved how the Bedouin Arab horse trainer had to call Martin away from petting a horse, to get on with the next section of the shoot.

Looking forward to the dog program, too. He's a lovely man doing these documentaries as he so obviously loves the animals and is great dealing with people as well.

I just downloaded the horse ones from youtube as I missed it, and there is a dog series there too Martin Clunes: A Man and His Dogs. Is this the same one??? I've downloaded them anyways :)

ETA: Just looked at the link in BM's OP and it is the same one. This bit should make for some discussion when it airs: :laugh:

Martin will also look at the controversial issue of whether the journey from wolf to pedigree perfection is creating a time bomb, with increasing inbreeding causing terrible illnesses.
Edited by ~JoLu~

Excellent news about Doc Martin :eek: mustve missed this bit....

Possibly not, Lab Rat - he may not have said it on that program! Sorry. But I have just checked and the good news is there WILL be a fifth series. The bad news is that it won't be filmed until 2011. Let's hope the ABC doesn't faff around and that it screens here shortly afterwards!