Is This A Fake Email ?

sheree_e4

Ok I have started to advertise my puppies to find them great homes and have gotten this email.... to me it sounds dodgy and I have not replied.... maybe Im just too cautious :( has anyone else had this email sent to them ?

Greetings,I'm interested in your add you posted on ............ So I want to know ifit's still available for sale and will like to know more details aboutit,if possible the present picture attached to me.

have had the same email sent to me twice now.

Guest Kate_Summer
Ok I have started to advertise my puppies to find them great homes and have gotten this email.... to me it sounds dodgy and I have not replied.... maybe Im just too cautious :( has anyone else had this email sent to them ?

Greetings,I'm interested in your add you posted on ............ So I want to know ifit's still available for sale and will like to know more details aboutit,if possible the present picture attached to me.

Just delete. Delete & delete :o

Just delete. Delete & delete :o

Whether it is fake or not (and I am sure it is ;) ), anyone who calls a dog an "it" wouldn't get a look in from me.

I would delete.

Agree with MM about the calling the pup ''it''. Also the bit where they said ''Would like to know more details'' I would assume that if they were really interested in getting a pup and had been doing their research they would have some questions to ask you such as health testing, how the pups are being raised so far,''.

That is my thoughts exactly , I have had a number of calls and out of all of them have only deemed 2 to be suitable owners.

I will not just sell my puppies to anyone .... I would rather keep them longer than 8 weeks to find the best of homes :(

I have deleted the emails and not replied.

May well be dodgy, but could also be from someone genuine for whom English is not their normal language... Normally dodgy ones go straight into money or shipping talk don't they?

I agree with you. If breeders want people to not be afraid of contacting them to enquire about pups , pulling apart peoples emails on a public forum is a bit of a put off.It may be someone genuinely looking for a dog but because they dont know all the right questions you will write them off without a chance. Maybe they do not speak or write in fluent english or did not want to overload with questions unless the pup was still available. It was after all just an initial email. If you email them back you may find the information you are looking for, if they dont measure up well what harms done.

May well be dodgy, but could also be from someone genuine for whom English is not their normal language... Normally dodgy ones go straight into money or shipping talk don't they?

I agree with you. If breeders want people to not be afraid of contacting them to enquire about pups , pulling apart peoples emails on a public forum is a bit of a put off.It may be someone genuinely looking for a dog but because they dont know all the right questions you will write them off without a chance. Maybe they do not speak or write in fluent english or did not want to overload with questions unless the pup was still available. It was after all just an initial email. If you email them back you may find the information you are looking for, if they dont measure up well what harms done.

The fact that the sender does not even refer to "it" as a dog (let alone by gender, breed or name listed) suggests to me that the sender has likely not even bothered to read the ad before firing off his form email.

Even a person with a poor grasp of English is likely going to have a rough idea of the word for "dog".

Scam emails are usually easy to pick by tone (all business and none of the emotion you'd get in a letter sent by someone who was actually hoping to buy a puppy) and this email reads more like an invoice request.

Sounds a bit dodgy, but who am I too judge?

I would do what the breeders did to me when I first started inquiring about pups.

Sent me a email thanking me for my interest, explaining that my chosen breed aren't for everyone and that they are particular about what homes the go to.

And included a questionnaire.

It was enough to throw me off at the time and make me do more research.

Won't hurt to respond. :eek: They could just be struggling with language.

:) btw, sometimes scams are re-posted on the internet to warn others. If you ever get a suspect email (or see a dodgy ad), google the email addy. It can be very enlightening!

Are you a member of Dogzonline? If so, have you checked the members home page to see whether this person's name appears in the list of people suspected of fraudulent activity?

Yes poodlemum have been a member for a few years now ;) I did not even know there was such a list :eek: I very rarely go to the home page lol.

Ok after reading some of the responses , I started to feel bad, thinking there was some poor person who would really love a puppy but did not speak good english,So I went back through my deleted emails and found the suspect email and replied.

My response - Hi ....... There are still puppies left in this litter, they are a working breed of dog and not suitable for everyone, If you are interested in purchasing one please call me and tell me a bit more about yourself and what you are expecting out of a puppy, it may be that my puppies are not suitable for your lifestyle.... thanking you Sheree

The reply I got :laugh:

Thank you very much for the response. I will be happy to buy them.Note that you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. Myshipping company will come to your location for pick up. Kindlyprovide me your name and full address so i can forward it to theshipping company to calculate the cost of pick up for me. Do get backto me as soon as possible.

needless to say it went straight back into the delete bin.

Are you a member of Dogzonline? If so, have you checked the members home page to see whether this person's name appears in the list of people suspected of fraudulent activity?

Yes poodlemum have been a member for a few years now ;) I did not even know there was such a list :eek: I very rarely go to the home page lol.

Ok after reading some of the responses , I started to feel bad, thinking there was some poor person who would really love a puppy but did not speak good english,So I went back through my deleted emails and found the suspect email and replied.

My response - Hi ....... There are still puppies left in this litter, they are a working breed of dog and not suitable for everyone, If you are interested in purchasing one please call me and tell me a bit more about yourself and what you are expecting out of a puppy, it may be that my puppies are not suitable for your lifestyle.... thanking you Sheree

The reply I got :laugh:

Thank you very much for the response. I will be happy to buy them.Note that you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. Myshipping company will come to your location for pick up. Kindlyprovide me your name and full address so i can forward it to theshipping company to calculate the cost of pick up for me. Do get backto me as soon as possible.

Heh.. I won't say it :rofl:

(So very, very tempting though)

Ok now Ive gone back to the home page and logged in and had a look :eek: lol she/he is not on the list...... I blame my memory loss on baby brain still trying to catch up again , you would think after 6mths it would be better :laugh:

Did a google and nothing came up .

Yes poodlemum have been a member for a few years now :laugh: I did not even know there was such a list :rolleyes: I very rarely go to the home page lol.

The reply I got :)

I am glad you gave him the benefit of the doubt and emailed back, at least you know for sure who you were dealing with. Straight in the bin now with that email.

Ok now Ive gone back to the home page and logged in and had a look :rolleyes: lol she/he is not on the list...... I blame my memory loss on baby brain still trying to catch up again , you would think after 6mths it would be better :)

Did a google and nothing came up .

If they are NOT on the list, it might be an idea to PM Troy with the details, so they can be added (I've done that in the past with some I've received)