Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

I love your stories. You really should consider writing a book.

What a smart little boy!

LOL Yep.

Dylan learnt some new things today!

Lifes lessons for Dylan:

1. Bossy lady doesn't really want you eating disgusting smelly dried up entrails

2. When Bossy Lady tries to take disgusting entrails off you don't dart away like it's a funny game

3. Bossy Lady doesn't like you taking smelly animal remains into the back of the car.

4. Dont mess with Bossy Lady after a 2 hour walk on a hot day when she's tired and grumpy and hasn't eaten yet!!!!!

and the BIGGEST lesson.....

5. If you do all of the above and dart away from Bossy Lady when she's trying to get entrails off you and get you in the car Bossy Lady will pack everyone else into the car and drive off and leave you there.

End result, Dylan has to run a LONG way to find out where Bossy Lady and the gang disappeared to - sans disgusting entrails!!!!

:laugh:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a smart little boy!

LOL Yep.

Lifes lessons for Dylan:

1. Bossy lady doesn't really want you eating disgusting smelly dried up entrails

2. When Bossy Lady tries to take disgusting entrails off you don't dart away like it's a funny game

3. Bossy Lady doesn't like you taking smelly animal remains into the back of the car.

4. Dont mess with Bossy Lady after a 2 hour walk on a hot day when she's tired and grumpy and hasn't eaten yet!!!!!

5. If you do all of the above and dart away from Bossy Lady when she's trying to get entrails off you and get you in the car Bossy Lady will pack everyone else into the car and drive off and leave you there.

End result, Dylan has to run a LONG way to find out where Bossy Lady and the gang disappeared to - sans disgusting entrails!!!!

:laugh:

Watch out for CCTV's LOL. They'll get you for 'dumping your pooch"! (ref. story in UK where very nasty man drove off and left his dog :heart:)

BTW Did you know "Dylan" means "Son of the Wave". Legend is he was the twin of the sun who went to live in the sea. His uncle killed him and when he died it was said that all the seas wept.

What a smart little boy!

LOL Yep.

Lifes lessons for Dylan:

;)

Watch out for CCTV's LOL. They'll get you for 'dumping your pooch"! (ref. story in UK where very nasty man drove off and left his dog :))

BTW Did you know "Dylan" means "Son of the Wave". Legend is he was the twin of the sun who went to live in the sea. His uncle killed him and when he died it was said that all the seas wept.

No I didn't know that! What a great legend. :eek:

As for the CCTV LMAO - it's okay - all I'd get is a slap on the wrist anyway far as I can tell :eek:

BTW Do any of you remember in Tangos early days here he used to go up to Pepper in her bed and bark at her to make her get out so he could have it???

He hasn't done that in a long time but just now I heard Dylan making a funny moaning sound and then Tango barked and I looked around and saw Pepper and Dylan curled up together in the bed that's in the sun. Tango is standing over Dylan trying to intimidate him so that he'll get out and let Tango in. Dylan is rubbing his nose into the blanket and moaning. Tango barked and snarled. Dylan didn't move hahahahaha Pepper ignores it all - she no longer cares.

So, as I type, Tango is still standing over Dylan, staring intently at him, waiting for him to be intimidated. Dylan is keeping his eyes averted but not budging. Somehow I don't think Dylan is the pushover Pepper was.

:heart::laugh:

.............. Oh wait. Tango just went to plan B.

He just darted up the hall barking as if something was wrong. Dylan followed. Tango ran straight back and took his spot and is now curled up with Pepper!!!

ROFLMAO

Dylan is in the other bed moaning and whinging.

What a smart little boy!

LOL Yep.

Lifes lessons for Dylan:

:eek:

Watch out for CCTV's LOL. They'll get you for 'dumping your pooch"! (ref. story in UK where very nasty man drove off and left his dog :eek:)

No I didn't know that! What a great legend. ;)

As for the CCTV LMAO - it's okay - all I'd get is a slap on the wrist anyway far as I can tell :)

BTW Do any of you remember in Tangos early days here he used to go up to Pepper in her bed and bark at her to make her get out so he could have it???

He hasn't done that in a long time but just now I heard Dylan making a funny moaning sound and then Tango barked and I looked around and saw Pepper and Dylan curled up together in the bed that's in the sun. Tango is standing over Dylan trying to intimidate him so that he'll get out and let Tango in. Dylan is rubbing his nose into the blanket and moaning. Tango barked and snarled. Dylan didn't move hahahahaha Pepper ignores it all - she no longer cares.

So, as I type, Tango is still standing over Dylan, staring intently at him, waiting for him to be intimidated. Dylan is keeping his eyes averted but not budging. Somehow I don't think Dylan is the pushover Pepper was.

:laugh::rofl:

.............. Oh wait. Tango just went to plan B.

He just darted up the hall barking as if something was wrong. Dylan followed. Tango ran straight back and took his spot and is now curled up with Pepper!!!

ROFLMAO

Dylan is in the other bed moaning and whinging.

Clever Tango ;)

I think Dylan is still playing the "Puppy card" but it's great that Tango is using 'clever' strategy when intimidation fails.

(My eldest, now 20, is 'Dylan')

He might be still playing the "puppy card" but he jumped up on a tall fence today and I realised he has grown a humungous amount since I got him. He is a very big puppy!! Still scrawny but seriously BIG!

Today our neighbours have returned from a failed attempt at relocating interstate. They have been gone since before I moved here so we've always had a vacant lot one side and an empty house the other. Now the house is occupied and they have a West Highland Terrier named Sophie. The fence on their side of my block is low................ Sophie is cute as a button but growls and barks when she's nervous. Three big dogs clamouring at the fence make her nervous!!!.....

... you can imagine the fun and games we've been having all day. Dylan wants to PLAY and has nearly been over the fence several times. Bossy Tango keeps having a go at the Westie through the fence when she growls and pepper just wants to say hello politely but can't get in between the boys antics.

Still - nice to meet the neighbours and their little dog. We're already discussing new fencing!!!

He might be still playing the "puppy card" but he jumped up on a tall fence today and I realised he has grown a humungous amount since I got him. He is a very big puppy!! Still scrawny but seriously BIG!

Today our neighbours have returned from a failed attempt at relocating interstate. They have been gone since before I moved here so we've always had a vacant lot one side and an empty house the other. Now the house is occupied and they have a West Highland Terrier named Sophie. The fence on their side of my block is low................ Sophie is cute as a button but growls and barks when she's nervous. Three big dogs clamouring at the fence make her nervous!!!.....

... you can imagine the fun and games we've been having all day. Dylan wants to PLAY and has nearly been over the fence several times. Bossy Tango keeps having a go at the Westie through the fence when she growls and pepper just wants to say hello politely but can't get in between the boys antics.

Still - nice to meet the neighbours and their little dog. We're already discussing new fencing!!!

Poor little Sophie...she must think she's seeing spots!! :laugh:

Good to have co-opeative neighours, hope everyone (well the boys) settle soon. We had to extend the fence on our neighbours side when our GSD decided it might be fun to chase their chooks. Funnily enough he jumped it just as a fox was in their yard, we like to think he was 'saving' them but I suspect he thought chasing chickens looked like fun and was going to join in...luckily I'd just got home seconds before all this unfolded. I'm sure he would have 'grabbed' a chook. :eek:

As it stand he ws credited with 'chasing off a fox"..yeah right.

Good to have co-opeative neighours, hope everyone (well the boys) settle soon. We had to extend the fence on our neighbours side when our GSD decided it might be fun to chase their chooks. Funnily enough he jumped it just as a fox was in their yard, we like to think he was 'saving' them but I suspect he thought chasing chickens looked like fun and was going to join in...luckily I'd just got home seconds before all this unfolded. I'm sure he would have 'grabbed' a chook. :cry:

As it stand he ws credited with 'chasing off a fox"..yeah right.

Awww now I'm sure he was only trying to help those yummy cute chooks!!! :eek:

Oooh hi harley :thumbsup:

Pretty good! I'm impressed with this pup more and more everyday.

Last night I forgot to let them all out for a wee before we went to bed which I usually do as a matter of course. Dylan woke up around 5 am and must have been busting!! I vaguely remember hearing some whining but I couldn't wake up properly. So then Dylan raked his paws over the metal blinds in the bedroom. That was brilliant. I shot up out of bed not knowing what was going on just aware that the window blinds had made a noise!!! INTRUDER ALERT was probably what was going through my mind.

But it was just Dylan telling me he needed to get outside NOW!!!!

Well done little fella. Makes me think I should set up a bell and train him to ring it when he needs to get outside!!

Did I mention he learnt to toilet outside the first day he was here? He peed in the house once! I said No! and took him outside and praised him when he did some more etc!! THen I just kept taking him outside regularly and saying "Do you wanna wee?" (LOL) and he did, so I praised him.

And that was it. House trained. Wow!

Also, I was surprised to see Tango and Dylan asleep together in one of the beds this afternoon. I was going to take a pic but as soon as I went to get the camera Tango thought it was treat time and got up. Then he went back to the bed and looked all worried and wouldn't get back in!! It's like he'd forgotten he was just cuddled up cosily with the puppy not 5 seconds ago LMAO