Chihuahua Stolen At Royal Show

Christina

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing everyone can do for Kylie and her family is to keep up awareness, don't let Harry become last weeks news and forgotten.

The email with the flyer needs to keep circulating, especially to everyone's non-showy friends, who are in turn asked to send it to all their contacts.

Harry's return will depend on someone, somewhere going 'Hang on a sec, that neighbour didn't have an adult Chi before yet now they do?'. The large reward will provide some extra incentive.

If anyone would like the flyer, including those interstate as he may have been taken a distance away, please PM me your email addy.

I know exactly how the owners of this dog feel.

And at the risk of attracting the wrath of DOL, I can't help but feeling a tad envious that Harry has managed to attract all of the publicity and financial backing that he has.

My puppy was stolen from my property on the 10th May. She's a registered purebred dog. She was a show puppy and was to have been my future in the whelping box.

I only wish that she'd had HALF the attention that Harry has received....I may have had her returned by now.

And at the risk of attracting the wrath of DOL, I can't help but feeling a tad envious that Harry has managed to attract all of the publicity and financial backing that he has.

My puppy was stolen from my property on the 10th May. She's a registered purebred dog. She was a show puppy and was to have been my future in the whelping box.

I only wish that she'd had HALF the attention that Harry has received....I may have had her returned by now.

dont give up, remember my two puppies that were stolen a few years ago?

some three months later one was found wandering beside a 3 lane highway 30 k's away. luckily the finder took her to their vet and i was phoned within minutes of them scanning her.

that night i couldnt sleep wondering where her sister was and went onto trading post.

n what do i see???

her sister in a full colour add.

not only got her back but her purchaser, led us to the people who stole her and their arrest and conviction. turned out they were professional house breakers (ie already and three pages of charges n convictions, n at the time think it was 6 arrest warrants out for the hubbby) who decided the puppies looked a quick and easier target.

they had come all the way from campbelltown to "work" n sold em at their local market.

when i took them to my vet for a checkup he told me of the lady whose stolen champion that had dissappeared from her home 3 years before, had turned up at a vets for stitches, the vet was one who routinely scanns all incomming patients, n discovered the dog was listed as stolen and called the police. pity more vets dont do that eh?

I understand the frustration you must feel. :D

Harry's publicity is coming from being stolen in a public place in front of possibly hundreds of people. Such a brazen move.

For some reason, being stolen from a private property doesn't seem to rate as high on the media's agenda. ;)

dont give up, remember my two puppies that were stolen a few years ago?

some three months later one was found wandering beside a 3 lane highway 30 k's away. luckily the finder took her to their vet and i was phoned within minutes of them scanning her.

that night i couldnt sleep wondering where her sister was and went onto trading post.

n what do i see???

her sister in a full colour add.

not only got her back but her purchaser, led us to the people who stole her and their arrest and conviction. turned out they were professional house breakers (ie already and three pages of charges n convictions, n at the time think it was 6 arrest warrants out for the hubbby) who decided the puppies looked a quick and easier target.

they had come all the way from campbelltown to "work" n sold em at their local market.

when i took them to my vet for a checkup he told me of the lady whose stolen champion that had dissappeared from her home 3 years before, had turned up at a vets for stitches, the vet was one who routinely scanns all incomming patients, n discovered the dog was listed as stolen and called the police. pity more vets dont do that eh?

from what i read on another thread, the police don't take stealing dogs as serious :D even with all the media coverage they are still no closer to retreiving the dog by the sound of it. no one has said anything to any possible leads. :thumbsup:

sadly its not just dogs stolen

read this poor lady's story.

if u have seen anything like this boy please call the police

http://www.horseyard.com.au/index.php?opti...&Itemid=145

oh gees poor lady! you'd think with a horse someone would have seen something in a paddock, its not like a horse can be hidden away......these days i think its the case of people not wanting to get involved so don't bother to inform anyone really. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
sadly its not just dogs stolen

read this poor lady's story.

if u have seen anything like this boy please call the police

http://www.horseyard.com.au/index.php?opti...&Itemid=145

oh and I believe the horse in the above link turned back up in his paddock, that after the owners received a sms to say he would.

So glad this horse showed back up!! Those poor people.. I would never leave my horse at Glenworth Valley..!! Hopefully they get him out of there ASAP..

Wonderful knews about the Chi as well.. I've been wondering how the little man was.