Small Brag

MTD

I wasn't going to enter my photos into Noosa Country Show , but after some convincing I did and I am so glad I did . It does boost your confidence :heart:

I got 1st and 2nd place in " Animal Portrait " class

DSC05042.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

the original photos for those they didn't see my "Kenya & Tanzania " thread

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03496-Copy.jpg

Edited by MTD

Congratulations MTD! Wildlife captured in the wild is my favourite to photograph.

(Unless someone is using a flash extender (popular on telephoto lenses in rainforests where the light is low or on sunny days) and that is what the judge meant in his comment re fill flash with your seabird with chick photo (looks like a tern to me but I'm not sure), I don't agree with using fill flash close to a wild seabird on the nest with chicks, you could frighten her off, away from her babies).

Article on fill in flash and wildlife photography here if you are interested, MTD.

http://www.dmcphoto.com/Articles/Flash/index.html

Edited by Ripley

;) everyone

thankyou Ripley for the explanation re flash fill wasn't sure what it was so was going to google it to find out , thought it was something in photoshop :happydance2:

I always turn my flash off around wildlife, especially if you get as close as we did to this Tern and bubs. Thanks for the link . Will check it out :banghead:

yes it is a Tern :happydance: