Minature Aussie Bulldog...

kirst_goldens

Student of mine copped an ear full after she told me she is breeding minature aussie bulldogs.. i said they dont exist... she disagreed and said pedigrees are just paper... man i let fly bahaha

Her bitch is the size of a pug... mated her to a large british bulldog... and she was suprised only one up survived and bitch nearly died... the pup was smaller then my thumb but pulled through..

She told me they use frenchies and pugs with the bullys to make them smaller, i couldnt believe what i was hearing! she then claimed its because they breath better??? WTF!!!

I asked if she health tests and i was informend that they went to the vet?? What kind of vet approves a bitch that small for mating to a dog that big?? apparently the vet is interested in the puppy... if this is what we are working with here what hope do we have? he is just as messed up as her!

Some people cant be told i was so angry i had to walk away before i strangled her... Will they ever learn?

I asked if she health tests and i was informend that they went to the vet?? What kind of vet approves a bitch that small for mating to a dog that big?? apparently the vet is interested in the puppy... if this is what we are working with here what hope do we have? he is just as messed up as her!

One who likes doing caesarians? :laugh:

Seriously though, sounds like they were asking for trouble. Not approving the whole silly crossbreeding thing, but if that was what they were going to do, why didn't they put pug dog over a british bulldog bitch instead of the other way round?

If you were truly looking to get the "best" result from a small/large dog mating, the "smart" move would be to put a small male over a larger bitch - who the hell needs emergency caesarians??

People never cease to amaze with their stupidity when it comes to the health and welfare of their pets... *sigh*

T.

I am doing a course and one of the other students breeds these minature aussie bulldogs I did ask her if she was registered and if there was a breed standard for them to which she replied that a women in Tassie is putting one together...WT???

Believe me every week in class I am finding it hard to bit my tongue, I have said a few things when I just can't help it.. I just feel like it goes through one ear and out the other..

A girl at work has an "Australian Bulldog"... he's rather sweet. but the one thing that annoys me is the fact that she wants to breed him with another one now this pup is close to 4 1/2 5 months old and its Testicles haven't dropped.. hmmm me thinks issue there..

Arghhh people can be so stupid though. honestly whyyyy

We had an "Aussie Bulldog" at Puppy pre-school.

I asked him about the parents, the breeders etc .

Have they hip scored the parents, eye tested for entropian etc. Umm the parents are healthy. They haven't had them scored, ummm No. Out of interest what does one of these set you back?? $2500.

So the average Jo Public will buy a $2500 puppy from non-health tested parents and not rego'd (well maybe with their own club or whatever it is) but will complain that registered breeders are just trying to rip people off and have unhealthy dogs when they are health tested??? (yes I know not all are) and complain about spending over $1000.

Makes me wonder.

He was a sweet little guy with a lovely temperment, but still.

And I have no idea what that stupid person was thinking! Who in their right mind would mate a dog that large to a dog that small and not expect it to go to poo!

I met an Aussie Bulldog at the park a few weeks ago... well, actually I heard her before I saw her.. she grunted, groaned and snorted a lot. She wasn't the healthiest looking dog I've seen but the owner was proud that he had an Aussie Bulldog. When i told him that I didn't think Australian Bulldog was a breed, he said 'oh you're one of those people' and walked off. WTF?

Yep, a family that briefly came to my dog training club most recently had a "miniature Aussie Bulldog" puppy (sourced from QLD if I remember right). They paid quite a lot and believed it was pedigreed and came from good lines. A couple of people tried to tell them it was a cross breed, and the family insisted it was a new breed.

About two years ago, I remember the same family being excited about their new "champion" American Bulldog, which they had paid thousands for and imported as an adult from the US. That dog was seriously badly bred, crooked legs, swayed back, uneven hips, underbite, breathing problems . . . they were so ripped off.

I enquired what had happened to their other bulldog, and they didn't answer, just shrugged and said they liked the new puppy better.

A sucker born every minute. With both dogs they only came to training for a few weeks. Sure we will see them again in future with something else.

yup a veterinary degree doesnt come with a guiarentee of logic or ethics does it

And well, as they say... someone has to graduate bottom of every class! :confused:

yep.

It's not even the poor performers though. One of my friends from school has just graduated as a vet from Sydney Uni, virtually top of her class. She believes in BSL, lockjaws and doesn't believe there's a difference between DA and HA. She also doesn't seem to know anything about what dogs should eat, and recommended Hills Science diet for mine :s

unis dont teach you dog/animal behaviour or really nutrition. THe pet food companies like to give a talk about that

One girl I went to uni with, now graduated, tells people that dogs shouldnt eat raw meat because it will give them worms and to use dry food only.

Edited by Nekhbet

Pure breed forum etc... so I keep quiet :laugh:

Aussie3, each to their own!

I parent 3 standard ABs and could not ask for better.

I did about 2 years worth of research, made my choice and continue to be very happy with my pack after 6 years.

Da Babes are happy, healthy, have fantastic temperaments and are spoilt rotten.

No 'poor bloody dogs' here.

Oh yes... I do not breed and I am not associated with any AB club

Edited by HonBun