Advice

~Shepherd~

My other favourite, which appears to now be added to some dictionaries sadly, is agreeance. The word is AGREEMENT. I am in agreement, not I am in agreeance.

That's news to me, lol. I always thought the correct term was, and I quote...."I am in agreeance with what is being said"......NOT......"I am in agreement with what is being said"

Sorry but I must say you got it wrong.

One of my pet hates besides people getting "their, there, they're" and "too, to, two" perpetually wrong is people actually copying those that have no idea on the proper use of the english language, eg....anyways....I thought it was anyway!

:eek: Sorry, no I haven't go it wrong and I hope you are actually joking when you say I have. :laugh:

http://www.english-for-students.com/Agreem...-Agreeance.html

http://www.wmjasco.com/89-9sample.pdf (page 20)

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/agreeance.html

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agreement

:confused: @ Aiden, yes me too!

It's AIDAN, not AIDEN, lol. Haven't gotten around to checking out your links but will do so tomorrow.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we all need to try and begin to commence to start to calm down.

Some people make typos.

Some people can't spell.

And some people are just dumb.

Yes, yes, I said it, universal shocker: some people on the intermation superwebway are dumb.

(Note to sheridan: "intermation suberwebway" is my affectionate terminology for the internet. Please don't quote it and declare that I'm some sort of ingrate. Honestly. I know some big words. Like marmalade, or wheelbarrow.)

:eek:

I think we all need to try and begin to commence to start to calm down.

Some people make typos.

Some people can't spell.

And some people are just dumb.

Yes, yes, I said it, universal shocker: some people on the intermation superwebway are dumb. :confused:

(Note to sheridan: "intermation suberwebway" is my affectionate terminology for the internet. Please don't quote it and declare that I'm some sort of ingrate. Honestly. I know some big words. Like marmalade, or wheelbarrow.)

I think we may all need to enter Pedants Anonymous :)

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a pedant.

;)

Another one that really irks me is the all too common use of "draws" when "drawers" is meant.

I indignantly corrected an ad agency on that one once and the reply came back : ..."and I would like to drawer to your attention...". :thumbsup: I bet that was a big hit around the office. [attempts sarcasm]

Does that make me a card carrying member of Pedants Anonymous? (You can be Chairperson, Chewbacca!)

I think we may all need to enter Pedants Anonymous :)

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a pedant.

;)

Another one that really irks me is the all too common use of "draws" when "drawers" is meant.

I indignantly corrected an ad agency on that one once and the reply came back : ..."and I would like to drawer to your attention...". :thumbsup: I bet that was a big hit around the office. [attempts sarcasm]

Does that make me a card carrying member of Pedants Anonymous? (You can be Chairperson, Chewbacca!)

nah, carnt spell well enuff. I no whitch words go wear butt

One of my all time favourites was a newspaper 'for sale' ad.....for a 'chester drawers' :thumbsup: . I cringe every time I see 'sort after'. Recently spotted a menu board outside a local cafe, read, in part, "sandwiches...Ass fillings'. That was more of a 'what were they thinking', than a spelling or grammer blooper! Local newsreader a few months ago said a 'sickly microbe' had been found in the water supply. Poor thing!! Somebody ought to write a book. :)

Hate seeing bad spelling so I was horrified to see that I did this very thing in a recent post.

Couldn't be bothered editing so I left it :)

At first I thought your post was going to be about people getting offended when anyone gave advice that they didn't like :thumbsup: