Tobias,the Newf Rescue We Took On Is Now Home

newfsie

Balcon from Quenbeyan pound has found a forever home with us, he is a very quiet boy, who is like velcro attached to my hubby. He now listens to his new name, because he loves all the treats that come with it. balcon means nothing to him. He doesn't even blink

He has a lot of health issues and is very thin. i realised in the first day of feeding him that he cannot eat out of a bowl, due to ?? stroke or Bell's Palsy. So now we feed him raw meat balls with grain ( rolled oats and barley) and blended lupins, fish, oils, egg, Vit C, kelp and Glucosamine. he loves them and is fed four times a day. His stools have improved in one day from cow patty to soft formed.

He has had a wash and smells much sweeter :cry: So here is Toby, with his little "sister" Katy

Toby had a wash.....Six towels later and hair everywhere, here is the result. he panicked a little initially, but settled wel and tolerated the two hours quite well.......OMG he was dirty.

2952001760048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Quite handsome really......In our front yard

2647690360048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Would not recognize him as the same dog at the pound

2346581220048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

He is kinda HUGE.....Katy is 65kg's and he weighs about the same, but is reed thin

2175297370048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

The fur is hiding a lot of bad stuff

I am setting myself up for sadness i think. He has quite a few lumps, but he is adoring and we love him already.......Now onto those smelly ears. Vet visit for the cherry eye

I am setting myself up for sadness i think. He has quite a few lumps, but he is adoring and we love him already ...

As we do. But Tobias, well - he is set up for a life, however long that shall now be, of security, care and comfort. He is truly blessed to have found an understanding and caring home.

Well done :cry:.

How lucky is he to have been found by you :cry: just the right home for him.

I am so glad you have been able to take him and obviously love him so much, Newfies are such special dogs,I miss mine still and will always have a very special place in my heart for him, Good luck to Balcon and thankyou from me.X

wonderful!!!! how fortunate tobias is now that he is loved and cared for....

we do set ourselves up for heartbreak but that is the way iot is as their bright lives are so short BUT what gifts they bring with them.. we are indeed blessed to be able to share our lifes paths with them

H

I am setting myself up for sadness i think. He has quite a few lumps, but he is adoring and we love him already.......Now onto those smelly ears. Vet visit for the cherry eye
Well it will come, obviously, but at least we can rationalise and undertstand why we are sad. Those poor dogs who are left in Tobias's condition must be so sad and with no understanding of why. Which is why, of course, that that beautiful, gorgeous dog is now with you :love::(:laugh::)

Balcon from Quenbeyan pound has found a forever home with us, he is a very quiet boy, who is like velcro attached to my hubby. He now listens to his new name, because he loves all the treats that come with it. balcon means nothing to him. He doesn't even blink

He has a lot of health issues and is very thin. i realised in the first day of feeding him that he cannot eat out of a bowl, due to ?? stroke or Bell's Palsy. So now we feed him raw meat balls with grain ( rolled oats and barley) and blended lupins, fish, oils, egg, Vit C, kelp and Glucosamine. he loves them and is fed four times a day. His stools have improved in one day from cow patty to soft formed.

He has had a wash and smells much sweeter :laugh: So here is Toby, with his little "sister" Katy

Toby had a wash.....Six towels later and hair everywhere, here is the result. he panicked a little initially, but settled wel and tolerated the two hours quite well.......OMG he was dirty.

He is kinda HUGE.....Katy is 65kg's and he weighs about the same, but is reed thin

That's fantastic Newfsie. What a sweet boy - he couldn't have gone to a better home. What do he and the girls think of each other? Are you coming down to the fun day in October so we can meet him?

He has had a wash and smells much sweeter :D So here is Toby, with his little "sister" Katy

That's fantastic Newfsie. What a sweet boy - he couldn't have gone to a better home. What do he and the girls think of each other? Are you coming down to the fun day in October so we can meet him?

We would love to come, but mike is working and I am not sure how I would manage the four on my own :cry: Tobias is such a friendly social guy he would have a blast, he is however not too well trained and we are working at that. He has no idea what "sit" mans or loose lead walking means :cry:

He has had a wash and smells much sweeter :D

We would love to come, but mike is working and I am not sure how I would manage the four on my own :cry: Tobias is such a friendly social guy he would have a blast, he is however not too well trained and we are working at that. He has no idea what "sit" mans or loose lead walking means :cry:

A friendly Newf with little training is certainly a handful and with three others as well I guess it would not exactly be fun. Maybe we could meet him next time you are down this way. You'll have to keep us posted with his progress on here.