Award For Biggest Idiot Goes Toooooooo.........

lovemesideways

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea for a thread, Idiot of the week. Can I submit these pics?

this bloke drove round and round the park and everytime he got near I had to leash my 5 whippets for fear they'd want to join in the chase. It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, it might have done him good to actually get out and walk his dog.

I hope his dog never sees something in the distance and crosses in front of his car.

Unfortunately I think I can top this.

We have a huge off lead area behind the cricket oval. You used to be able to drive in next to the oval and drive right around and come out the other side. I am walking my dogs down there and fortunately had them on lead when I hear a car engine so I stop to check it isn't heading towards us.

I see a couple of dogs jump off the back as told by the driver and then it roars past me with 2 Bullmastiffs (one a lactating bitch) and a pup about 8-10 weeks running after it. The poor bitch was frantically trying to keep her eye on the ute and keep with her pup. I was so tempted to grab that pup and run. :rofl:

I've seen a number of fights happen because of inappropriate mounting.

If any dog does that to mine, i instantly pull them off.

One person I saw had a golden as well- let the dog continually mount another dog and just stood there. Just as i was about to say "aren't you going to do anything" the other dog, who had previously been tolerant, turned around and had a real go at the dog. The owner was shocked and started accusing the dog of being aggressive etc but pretty much everyone who witnessed it said that it the goldens owners fault.

(i wonder if it was the same golden???)

Akira will snap and bark at any dog which tries to mount her, and I have warned people not to let their humping dog near her because she will tell them off. Yet there's been a few times where she has told another dog off and I've been told that my dog is aggressive. Idiots. :rofl:

Just reminds me, poor Gus seems to attract the wrong sort of attention when I take him out because of how he looks. So in the spirit of the Shonky Christmas Puppies thread, I decided to give him a full and magnificent breed title:

Ch. Grouse Dog Mate, Bet He's Fully Sick for Rabbits.

I could call Peg the same, had one dero ask if i would swap her for his kid as she would breed great hunting dogs, i quickly replied, sorry i don't like kids, they smell funny

I can add a few:

Walking in the park a dog approaches on lead and I call Cindy back and put her on lead. The owner says my dog won't come back but will follow another dog so if we both let them off you can call your dog and mine will come back too. Why not teach your dog I suggest. Reply-it is easier this way.

My dog sees another dog, they both play bow and greet and sniff and run. After another sniff the owner says I don't like my dog getting sniffed it is like sexual abuse.

An owner sees my dog-oh your dog is friendly only black dogs bite.

My dog sees another dog, they both play bow and greet and sniff and run. After another sniff the owner says I don't like my dog getting sniffed it is like sexual abuse.

oh my! that is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard!

I dare not tell you what my daughter thought. Apart from a total lack of understanding of dog behaviour I thought that it almost belittled a very serious issue.

Great idea for a thread, Idiot of the week. Can I submit these pics?

this bloke drove round and round the park and everytime he got near I had to leash my 5 whippets for fear they'd want to join in the chase. It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, it might have done him good to actually get out and walk his dog.

I hope his dog never sees something in the distance and crosses in front of his car.

See this all the time sadly... people who just dump their dogs out of a vehicle and drive around the showgrounds or our local lake. Thankfully most of them stop and get their dogs back into a vehicle to go past if you have dogs as well but some just keep driving and don't care what happens behind them. :swear:

Seen one better this arvo... old mate fishing in a kayak in the lake about 100 m off shore with a JRT running along the beach with him. :)

I can add a few:

Walking in the park a dog approaches on lead and I call Cindy back and put her on lead. The owner says my dog won't come back but will follow another dog so if we both let them off you can call your dog and mine will come back too. Why not teach your dog I suggest. Reply-it is easier this way.

An owner sees my dog-oh your dog is friendly only black dogs bite.

:bolt:

wowwww

At the beach today (off leash area) with a friend who brought along her very well behaved GSD. GSD was only venturing about 20-30meters from where we were standing and he would happily trot up to dogs that came near, give them a sniff then walk the opposite direction. A couple of older ladies were walking up the beach with a chihuahua and every dog that came near it got an arm swing from one woman who was shooing all the dogs away from an obviously VERY distressed Chi. They came towards where we were and before my friend could call her dog away (because we had seen these women coming) one of them practically jumped on the GSD and started dragging him away by his collar. Friend called out, "if you let him go, he'll walk away" as the dog was not happy about a stranger latching on to him and the woman retorted with. "I'm not letting him go, my dog HATES bigger dogs and is terrified".

Umm... EVERY dog is a bigger dog, it's a chihuahua, and you choose to visit a dog beach during the school holidays, THEN you start swiping at other dogs that come close? Really, is that normal?

At the beach today (off leash area) with a friend who brought along her very well behaved GSD. GSD was only venturing about 20-30meters from where we were standing and he would happily trot up to dogs that came near, give them a sniff then walk the opposite direction. A couple of older ladies were walking up the beach with a chihuahua and every dog that came near it got an arm swing from one woman who was shooing all the dogs away from an obviously VERY distressed Chi. They came towards where we were and before my friend could call her dog away (because we had seen these women coming) one of them practically jumped on the GSD and started dragging him away by his collar. Friend called out, "if you let him go, he'll walk away" as the dog was not happy about a stranger latching on to him and the woman retorted with. "I'm not letting him go, my dog HATES bigger dogs and is terrified".

Umm... EVERY dog is a bigger dog, it's a chihuahua, and you choose to visit a dog beach during the school holidays, THEN you start swiping at other dogs that come close? Really, is that normal?

Good thing it wasn't a GSD I know who would likely bite a stranger if they grabbed his collar.

Good thing it wasn't a GSD I know who would likely bite a stranger if they grabbed his collar.

Don't worry, friend and I said the same thing. Woman was exceptionally lucky that this GSD just looked at her like she was the biggest moron in the world rather then try and defend himself. The dog looked quite disgusted actually :bolt:

Oh...I have another one I forgot about.....

I was at a Gala Day that our town has every Easter down at the footy oval. I always take my dogs on lead, and they enjoy all the attention they get from kids wanting to pat them etc.

So there I am, 8 months pregnant, sitting in a corner with my on lead dogs when this "well muscled" huge off leash dog barges through the crowd of people & comes straight at us.

I saw it coming, and was up out of my seat, threw my 6kg dog at my neighbour, shoved my staffy behind some fencing, and stopped the big dog in his tracks......dumbass owner seemed surprised this would be frowned upon (cornering two on lead dogs with their heavily pregnant owner??? sure, why not??? and for my encore....). At least he had the good sense to take his dog & leave!

lol @ Jed's story

Just reminds me, poor Gus seems to attract the wrong sort of attention when I take him out because of how he looks. So in the spirit of the Shonky Christmas Puppies thread, I decided to give him a full and magnificent breed title:

Sounds ace mate maybe we can arrange a breeding to my Ch. Woolie's CarPark DoYa Lyk My New Uggboots?

I have one....

I was training Lottie out at the beach one day on the grass on lead (this is ALL ON-LEAD AREA!!!!), when I see/hear in the distance this guy walking up the path trying to call his dog to him, but the dog is off on the grassed area sniffing EVERY tree in site and generally taking NO notice of his owner - they were still a fair way away, so I started to walk away (could only walk in one direction away because it was on the a walking path) - anyway, I was thinking it was just a matter of time before this dog saw me and Lottie (all the while this drop-kick is calling his dog and the dog is taking NO notice) - so all of a sudden I heard this dog bolting towards us, hackles up and growling - I turned to face the dog and put Lottie behind my legs, and SCREAMED at this dog 'NNOOOOOO' (I was suprised how loud I yelled :laugh::) ), well the dog stopped dead in its track, the owner comes running up and says, 'oh don't worry, he's friendly' (yeah right :laugh: ), and to which I replied 'Well my dog isn't so put your #$%%ing dog on a leash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (not that Lottie isn't friendly, but I was just so angry!!) - I was just so worked up, I hardly even remember saying it - it just came out!!! A few people had seen it all happen and congratulated me as I walked past them!!!! ;) ;) if looks could kill, that guy would've died!!!! :laugh:

Don't worry, friend and I said the same thing. Woman was exceptionally lucky that this GSD just looked at her like she was the biggest moron in the world rather then try and defend himself. The dog looked quite disgusted actually :laugh:

:laugh: Poor GSD. How offensive having some idiot grab your collar!

Oh...I have another one I forgot about.....

I was at a Gala Day that our town has every Easter down at the footy oval. I always take my dogs on lead, and they enjoy all the attention they get from kids wanting to pat them etc.

So there I am, 8 months pregnant, sitting in a corner with my on lead dogs when this "well muscled" huge off leash dog barges through the crowd of people & comes straight at us.

I saw it coming, and was up out of my seat, threw my 6kg dog at my neighbour, shoved my staffy behind some fencing, and stopped the big dog in his tracks......dumbass owner seemed surprised this would be frowned upon (cornering two on lead dogs with their heavily pregnant owner??? sure, why not??? and for my encore....). At least he had the good sense to take his dog & leave!

Good thing you didn't hurt yourself or your coming baby having to move like that!

lol @ Jed's story

Sounds ace mate maybe we can arrange a breeding to my Ch. Woolie's CarPark DoYa Lyk My New Uggboots?

:)

What would the theme of the new litter be?

Edited by lovemesideways

There was a guy at the dog park once who obv is homophobic :laugh: His male kept trying to hump my male, he was very disgusted in his dog and wanted to know what poofy smell I out on my dog to make it appealing for his male to want to hump him, sarcastically I said it's the purple collar , he took his dog out of the park and left in disgust at it homosexual preference ;) :laugh: needless to Say the rest of us had quite a chuckle at him :)

:laugh:

What would the theme of the new litter be?

Hmmm...

Rabbit-lined Uggs Fully Sick Red Nose Fookin Massif Dog

Rabbit-lined Uggs Wait Till Ya See How Many Puppies I'll Throw

Rabbit-lined Uggs This One's For Me Bro

Rabbit-lined Uggs Wot's Hip Dyslexia Den?

Rabbit-lined Uggs Imma Regista You When I Get Fined

And those are just five of the 12 puppies from the first litter... Feel free to contribute more...

/end thread derailment