Nom Nom Nom Nom

Kirislin

I know, it was their birthday on the weekend and last night I was in Woolies, we dont have one in our town so I dont get to know what they stock. When I saw all those turkey legs for $3.99 kilo I couldn't help myself. Here's Tag enjoying his too :confused:

5037567960_52249a2e10_z.jpg

Mine often get chicken pieces but I dont see turkey too often. Now I know they stock it I might call in there whenever I am down that way. The dogs went nuts for it. You know how their eyes go when they have something they really want, their pupils blow up and their eyes just go black, those wild blazing eyes, that's how they went when they saw/smelt what I had for them.

Do they eat the whole thing? Or do they leave some of the bone?

Just trying to see if my 2 would like them. I have to take the actual bone away from my labrador before he eats too much or else he vomits it later! They have had lamb shanks and marrow bones before, but I haven't tried tukey legs.

Yours certainly look like they enjoyed it!

They ate it all, except little sooky la la Feather who's left a bit of the long bone. She's chewed off the knobbly ends thoug and is still trying to tackle the long bone. I dont normally let dogs bring bones in the house but she's the worst for eating bones and I struggle to keep tartar off her teeth so she's here on an old rug chomping away.

edit, I've just taken the last bits off her after helping her get the marrow out. There was no meat on the bone and I didn't want her just ingesting bone shards by themselves.

Edited by Kirislin

• 3 weeks later...

thanks Mother Moocher ;)

I went back to Woolies the next time I was nearby and they were alot more expensive so I didn't buy them for the whips :wave:

Coles sells frozen turkey maryland, so that's the thigh and drumstick together for about $3.9 p/kg. I have somtimes thrown them in the weekly cookup for them as a treat.

Aww happy dogs! My local Coles and Woolworths both sell turkey legs, usually somewhere between 3.99 and 5.99 a kilo.

OT but I went to a nearby Supa IGA today for the first time and was impressed to find fresh chicken frames on show - no more trying to smash 2-3 frozen frames apart (this usually involves some sort of injury to myself and we won't even talk about how the frames end up :rofl: )

I bought turkey legs after seeing these photos and my dogs loved them... they are now a regular thing on the menu funny seeing a four kilo dog walking down the yard with a near 1kg turkey leg and demolish most of it.

:rofl: now that we need a photo of. Just make sure you dont turn them all into porkie pie doggies.