Beautiful Rescue Whippets Inside!

becandcharch

I photographed a couple of whippets for Vic Dog Rescue today.

For someone who likes bull breeds, every whippet I meet makes me love this breed more and more. I used to think they couldn't be snugglers because they didnt have enough meat on them! Boy I was wrong. These 2 would give any snuggler a run for their $$ ;)

They are all so sweet and gentle. AND their eyes!! They get me everytime ;)

Red collar is a male and pink is a female. I believe they are to be rehomed together :dancingelephant:

5046730162_2c999b7204.jpg

5046108723_e37e472a0c.jpg

5046112043_c80c2b63ff.jpg

5046112753_d21d1903dc.jpg

Beautiful as always! I have to admit, I was never a whippet fan before but we have a lovely lady at Dog School who is patrician, elegant and gentle and she's made me love them.

The first and second photos look like they belong in a high fashion magazine - for doggies. ;)

Beautiful photos of beautiful dogs!

Gotta agree about the 'snuggler' part. Gus is 1/2 whippet or greyhound and he is the best snuggler ever! My heart does flip flops when he tucks his long nose under my chin :p

Beautiful photo's of two very beautiful Whippets :heart:

I find Whippets and Bullies are a match made in heaven, when I take my guys out I often get told they are an odd combination of breeds but it works well :D

I wonder if they're litter mates. The bitch looks to me like she might be by the Irish dog that was here a few years ago and used quite alot. Collooney Silver Jigolo aka Barney. I feel sure these whippets are pedigrees, I wonder who bred them and if they know they're in need of rescue.

I wonder if they're litter mates. The bitch looks to me like she might be by the Irish dog that was here a few years ago and used quite alot. Collooney Silver Jigolo aka Barney. I feel sure these whippets are pedigrees, I wonder who bred them and if they know they're in need of rescue.

They werent sure if they were litter mates but they are around the same age. Only young pups I think.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about them being litter mates, their heads are different, but you can have alot of variation in litters so it doesn't mean they aren't. I thought they looked young too, only around 18months - 2 years at a guess. Actually that would count the Irish dog out, but it could be some of his progeny who are the parents. The bitch reminds me of lots of pups I've seen from this dog.