Ever Snuck The Dog Into A Motel?

Next time im coughin my guts out and wheezing due to ciggarette smoke in the soft furnishings of a supposedly 'non smoking' room I will try hard to feel sorry for those who may have been affected by dander left by my very low shedding dogs ok?

Do you smoke Rebanne? Can you tell me of one single smoker who hasnt smoked in a non-smoking area at some time??? They have the potential to make me very ill yet they still do it - and a hell of a lot more frequently than i have dogs in motel rooms too! Motel owners KNOW smokers sometimes smoke in thier non smoking rooms. Just as they KNOW ppl sometimes sneak small well behaved dogs into motel rooms. One would hope the motels have a cleaning regime that would reduce any risks to the next person who stays in that room.

If i want to stay ina room i KNOW hasnt been smoked in then i have to fork out the $$ and stay in an upmarket motel. Thats no different for those who are very alelrgic to pet hair.

Obviously I'm not Rebanne but I am a smoker and I can assure you I've never smoked in a non-smoking area, be that outside in a theme park (recent trip to Disneyland saw us heading to the designated areas) or inside a motel room.

What a stupid thread, no doubt the OP set out to get a bite...almost trolling :rolleyes:

If they were, they got more than they bargained for.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time im coughin my guts out and wheezing due to ciggarette smoke in the soft furnishings of a supposedly 'non smoking' room I will try hard to feel sorry for those who may have been affected by dander left by my very low shedding dogs ok?

Do you smoke Rebanne? Can you tell me of one single smoker who hasnt smoked in a non-smoking area at some time??? They have the potential to make me very ill yet they still do it - and a hell of a lot more frequently than i have dogs in motel rooms too! Motel owners KNOW smokers sometimes smoke in thier non smoking rooms. Just as they KNOW ppl sometimes sneak small well behaved dogs into motel rooms. One would hope the motels have a cleaning regime that would reduce any risks to the next person who stays in that room.

If i want to stay ina room i KNOW hasnt been smoked in then i have to fork out the $$ and stay in an upmarket motel. Thats no different for those who are very alelrgic to pet hair.

Obviously I'm not Rebanne but I am a smoker and I can assure you I've never smoked in a non-smoking area, be that outside in a theme park (recent trip to Disneyland saw us heading to the designated areas) or inside a motel room.

What a stupid thread, no doubt the OP set out to get a bite...almost trolling :rolleyes:

If they were, they got more than they bargained for.

No I didn't set out to get a bite. i have been on this forum for several years now. Come to your senses, read the OP. It was a genuine interest post as I had recently realised that people were taking pets into motel rooms even though no pets are allowed. I don't think it was me that turned this thread into an ugly scene. Nor is it me that is so cynical of other's motives and accusing...

I am awaiting your apologies...

Edited by FlyingFurball

We used to enjoy staying at a really nice motel with the dogs, every time we travelled for a show in that area many of us enjoyed the hospitality of the owners who were dog lovers. It all came to a stop after several guests allowed dogs on beds, washed dogs in the shower after a day at the beach and used motel towels to dry them, allowed their dogs to crap on the lawn outside reception and left it there.

I might add the guests were not show dog people as we discovered when attempts were made to change the owners mind and allow us to stay again, but he said nope sorry one rule for all.

I have rellies that own a motel and they have had many incidents of dogs and cats smuggled into rooms, and have now banned them all together.

It is simply a selfish and disrespectful act if you are asked not to bring animals into another persons business or home IMO.

It is amazing how many people think that rules and laws are made for other people and not for them.

Edited by Crisovar

Im more concerned about the huge amounts of human discharge I sleep on if we get a room. Poor Matty form DOL copped a share of human skin flake crustys and pubes on her bed, changed room and suprise there was more.

I think they should ban sex on the beds.

ROFL me tooo!!!

We used to enjoy staying at a really nice motel with the dogs, every time we travelled for a show in that area many of us enjoyed the hospitality of the owners who were dog lovers. It all came to a stop after several guests allowed dogs on beds, washed dogs in the shower after a day at the beach and used motel towels to dry them, allowed their dogs to crap on the lawn outside reception and left it there.

I might add the guests were not show dog people as we discovered when attempts were made to change the owners mind and allow us to stay again, but he said nope sorry one rule for all.

I have rellies that own a motel and they have had many incidents of dogs and cats smuggled into rooms, and have now banned them all together.

It is simply a selfish and disrespectful act if you are asked not to bring animals into another persons business or home IMO.

It is amazing how many people think that rules and laws are made for other people and not for them.

I agree the rules are set for reasons why do humans find it so hard to follow them. I agree that it is because of these selfish people that take away the advantage for us dog people to even leave dogs in tailers outside a room. Goodness sake how hard is it just to follow the rules for a few nights while you are away. Thanks to these kind of people we will be all sleeping in our cars on the side of the road soon simply because people think they are so much better then others and break very simple rules. Time to grow up i think...

See? another reason why its an advantage to live in the stix, out here i think every motel allows dogs in cars/trailers. Some allow dogs in onsite cabins too. Ive never had a problem finding a place to stay and i travel all over the place.

Riight.. no dogs, no kids and no sex in motel rooms everyone k? Then we should all sleep well with no nasty allergies!

Edited by indigirl

:D

For accusing me of being a troll and setting out to provoke people...

so you have apologised to poodlefan, I think it was, for calling her a twit?

I'm not holding my breath for that. :rolleyes:

well I didn't think it cut you to the quick but I could be wrong :)

:rolleyes:

Given you've just told us you've been a member of this forum for "several" years then one would assume you'd be very aware that you would receive the reponse that you have throughout this thread?

You did say you couldn't see a problem with doing it (even though you haven't) and that's just as bad as doing it!

I didn't accuse you of being a troll - I suggested it's 'almost trolling'...

So no, no apology from me!

:rofl:

I'm not holding my breath for that. :D

Do it! I want to see you go blue in the face :) prmise we'll bring ya back if you pass out :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Given you've just told us you've been a member of this forum for "several" years then one would assume you'd be very aware that you would receive the reponse that you have throughout this thread?

You did say you couldn't see a problem with doing it (even though you haven't) and that's just as bad as doing it!

I didn't accuse you of being a troll - I suggested it's 'almost trolling'...

So no, no apology from me!

...okay... **backs out of room slowly thinking "gee I wasn't expecting this despite being on this forum for several years, I never said I couldn't see a problem in doing it, and the reference to me setting out to provoke people wasn't addressed"**

Edited by FlyingFurball

I am about to embark on a week long journey from VIC to Darwin with 5 dogs :rolleyes:

So far the cabins I've booked do not allow pets inside but all have been fine with having the dogs in the trailer.

I hate that my dogs will have to sleep in a trailer and not inside as they are used to and although I know they won't cause any damage and are all toilet trained I will be leaving them all in the trailer overnight. I wish I could bring them in with me and have considered buying a large tent so they can sleep with us but I also have 2 kids and after spending 7 hours a day driving I think air con and tv and a proper bed is a must!

:rofl:

I'm not holding my breath for that. :D

Do it! I want to see you go blue in the face :) prmise we'll bring ya back if you pass out :rolleyes:

Very ugly minds

well I didn't think it cut you to the quick but I could be wrong :D

My skin is thick enough. Clear breach of forum rules but I'm not going to report it.

Never ceases to amaze me how folk who are quick to trot out accusations about others being the DOL hard arses are often the first to stick the boot in with a personal attack. Yet they believe themselves to be the nice guys around here. I've got some PMs from a few over the years that would curl your hair with the vitriol they've spewed. (Not talking about OP here folks)

Its easy to be lovely and nice when everyone's agreeing with you. Nothing like a difference of opinion to get posters showing their spots. Happens all the time here. :rolleyes:

FF:

Very ugly minds

Thanks for proving the point made above. Yet another insult.

Edited by poodlefan

WOW - I have just read through all of these pages and watched one heck of a deterioration in conversation.

I don't think the OP set out to offend anyone, but they obviously have.

I for one would never sneak any of my dogs into a hotel room - I would be disgusted if someone tried to sneak a cat or some other unwelcome creature into my home or workplace (some hoteliers do live on site), but I have spoken with family friends who own a hotel and arranged to have two of my dogs stay overnight. They were more than happy to have them there on the condition that they were kept in the bathroom (didnt even stipulate crates). I was told I was welcome to stay with my furbabies any time.

I think that sometimes it is a matter of just being open and honest with the hotelier and being prepared to hear a "NO".

And im really sorry guys, but the allergy thing just doesn't cut the mustard with me - I hear your point, but if you are really allergic to dust, pet hair, dander and anything else that you might find day to day, then the last place you would WANT to stay would be a motel I would think? They do their best to keep them clean, but none of us REALLY believe that they are spotless do we? :rolleyes: