Ever Snuck The Dog Into A Motel?

No no Dju its the dander that my very low shedding iggy may leave behind that will cause an allergic reaction.. not the golden retriever hair stuck on my jacket/shoes etc that I may accidentallyw alk into the room! My golden can shed up a storm and theres no way im not a walking testament to that when i travel with her when shes shedding.

maybe you could claim your non shedding iggy is an assitance dog while you are at it, then you won't have to break the rules

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, to those who think sneaking them in is ok because your dog won't make a mess, what do you think about the fact that there may be a person stay in that room who is allergic? How can you justify sneaking your dog in knowing that?

Well i see it as my revenge as im allergic to cigg smoke and yet so many rooms that are non smoking have had ppl smoking in them.. such is life. It gives me asthma but its just something I have to deal with if i chose to stay in budget priced accomodation.. I dont stay at really flash places if I have dogs with me. So if a person has a serious allergy to anything perhaps they should stay in a upmarket place. That way they can be sure theres no evil pet hairs lurking anywhere.

Are you for real? You'll get back at person B because person A did the wrong thing?

Yep, I see a lot of mixing up two different issues in this thread.....
I agree to a point that if hotels have the ban in place it should be respected, but why did they have that ban in the first place? Dogs toileting everywhere, chewing things etc etc are probably most of the reasons, but as you said, if the dog leaves no trace behind, what's the issue?

There are at least three issues I see-

-accomodation that doesn't allow dogs at all - it's just plain rude to sneak them in, but if that's your personal ethics nothing we can say will change who you are

-accomodation that allows dogs on the premises but not inside the rooms - if they find people sneaking them into the rooms they'll likely move into the first category. No problem for those who don't respect the owners' rules anyway, but a problem for lots of other people who do.

- accomodation that used to allow dogs but now doesn't after some damage - dog owners who allow that are in class of their own, and hopefully not on this thread.

Edited by Diva

- accomodation that used to allow dogs but now doesn't after some damage - dog owners who allow that are in class of their own, and hopefully not on this thread.

well they wouldn't be would they cause one owns a non shedding iggy and the other owns a perfect fluffball so neither could possible do any damage of any sort

To be honest I generally stay at pet friendly places, onsite cabins in van parks etc where you bring your own linen. Anyone who is dumb enough to let thier baby crawl around the floor of a onsite cabin shouldn't be surprised what the child picks up disease wise. I have snuck dogs into several motel rooms over the years, but they were isolated events. Its not like i do this every weekend!

yeah who cares, it's only an isolated event, that you may have made someone very ill, doesn't happen often so it doesn't count

Next time im coughin my guts out and wheezing due to ciggarette smoke in the soft furnishings of a supposedly 'non smoking' room I will try hard to feel sorry for those who may have been affected by dander left by my very low shedding dogs ok?

Do you smoke Rebanne? Can you tell me of one single smoker who hasnt smoked in a non-smoking area at some time??? They have the potential to make me very ill yet they still do it - and a hell of a lot more frequently than i have dogs in motel rooms too! Motel owners KNOW smokers sometimes smoke in thier non smoking rooms. Just as they KNOW ppl sometimes sneak small well behaved dogs into motel rooms. One would hope the motels have a cleaning regime that would reduce any risks to the next person who stays in that room.

If i want to stay ina room i KNOW hasnt been smoked in then i have to fork out the $$ and stay in an upmarket motel. Thats no different for those who are very alelrgic to pet hair.

I think it is just plain disrespectful to the owners of the property for a start.

The point about allergy sufferers is also very important. I truly believe as responsible dog owners we need to always put our best foot forward and make a good impression on other non-doggy folk. I think we should always do our best to present ourselves as considerate people, not just thinking about ourselves and our dogs.

Jeez, I hope none of you are my Secret Santa this year...I'll never get a pressy

Yep my chrissy presents on hold too. :rolleyes:

Poor dad nearly had a heart attack when I bought the dogs over for a visit.

He was adamant that they could not come inside (definitely not a dog lover) but we're working on it. New carpet didn't help my cause either!

I calmly brought two crates in and two pups, before putting the kettle on. :D

I'm pretty sure he bought the vaccuum cleaner out as soon as I left, even though they're paws never touched the floor :)

To be honest I generally stay at pet friendly places, onsite cabins in van parks etc where you bring your own linen. Anyone who is dumb enough to let thier baby crawl around the floor of a onsite cabin shouldn't be surprised what the child picks up disease wise. I have snuck dogs into several motel rooms over the years, but they were isolated events. Its not like i do this every weekend!

yeah who cares, it's only an isolated event, that you may have made someone very ill, doesn't happen often so it doesn't count

Next time im coughin my guts out and wheezing due to ciggarette smoke in the soft furnishings of a supposedly 'non smoking' room I will try hard to feel sorry for those who may have been affected by dander left by my very low shedding dogs ok?

Do you smoke Rebanne?

no I don't smoke and yep my 82 yo Mum would be one that smoked inside regardless but lots don't.

Obviously you have never heard 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Poor dad nearly had a heart attack when I bought the dogs over for a visit.

He was adamant that they could not come inside (definitely not a dog lover) but we're working on it. New carpet didn't help my cause either!

I calmly brought two crates in and two pups, before putting the kettle on. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he bought the vaccuum cleaner out as soon as I left, even though they're paws never touched the floor :D

why did you do that? geniune question, if it was your dad's house and that was his wish why do it?

Unfortunately the Moral poliice have ruined a fun thread, missing the point because they may travel frequently to shows with multiple dogs
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that "Pet-friendly hotels stopped being pet-friendly because dogs destroyed things and messed up the place so naturally sneaking dogs in once they stopped being pet-friendly is also a reason they stopped being pet-friendly". :rolleyes: I don't get it.. they'd ban pets regardless of people sneaking them in or not..

I agree Dju.

I think there is two separate isues here.

1. Screwing up pet friendly accomodation with irresponsibilty.

It's a real shame when this has happened and I feel for the owners who are left with a mess to clean up. Can't blame them for banning dogs in that instance.

But it is different to:

2. Sneaking a dog into accommodation thats already not dog freindly.

PROVIDED you are responsible and leave no trace I don't really see it as a big issue.

Ok so your dog may get the squirts or vomit, but seriously what are the chances of that?

you are not a responsible dog owner if you break the rules and take your dog into a motel room that does not permit them.

I am a responsible dog owner but you are entitled to your own opinion.

YOU people are the very reason that motels, van parks, cabins and every other form of accomodation have banned dogs over the years and now even refuse to accept those of us, who would never dream of breaking not only the establishment rules or any legislation...

If you want to travel with your pet, plan your trip, book places that accept pets or set you car/trailer up to accommodate... Stop screwing it up for the rest of us

It is not dog owners who have created that attitude. It is a general idea that dogs/animals are unclean and will ruin the hygiene/decor. There may be a point in that... HOWEVER people have been sneaking in animals for yonks, especially with smaller, more easily handled dogs, and there is nothing to say that they are being irresponsible in deciding that their dog will not mess up the place. If you are travelling with bigger or multiple dogs it is obviously harder. But don't blame dog owners for the attitude by motel owners...a bit of a silly conclusion.

....... & what if the next guest is allergic to dogs? Some people are extremely sensitive to allergens - my niece knows if there has been a cat in the house in the last 6 months!

Im more concerned about the huge amounts of human discharge I sleep on if we get a room. Poor Matty form DOL copped a share of human skin flake crustys and pubes on her bed, changed room and suprise there was more.

I think they should ban sex on the beds.

Edited by Chewbacca

Im more concerned about the huge amounts of human discharge I sleep on if we get a room. Poor Matty form DOL copped a share of human skin flake crustys and pubes on her bed, changed room and suprise there was more.

I think they should ban sex on the beds.

:D No kidding!

And people are still tooting the "allergy" trumpet, why does this not surprise me. :rolleyes:

Do you smoke Rebanne? Can you tell me of one single smoker who hasnt smoked in a non-smoking area at some time??? They have the potential to make me very ill yet they still do it - and a hell of a lot more frequently than i have dogs in motel rooms too! Motel owners KNOW smokers sometimes smoke in thier non smoking rooms. Just as they KNOW ppl sometimes sneak small well behaved dogs into motel rooms. One would hope the motels have a cleaning regime that would reduce any risks to the next person who stays in that room.

If i want to stay ina room i KNOW hasnt been smoked in then i have to fork out the $$ and stay in an upmarket motel. Thats no different for those who are very alelrgic to pet hair.

Obviously I'm not Rebanne but I am a smoker and I can assure you I've never smoked in a non-smoking area, be that outside in a theme park (recent trip to Disneyland saw us heading to the designated areas) or inside a motel room.

What a stupid thread, no doubt the OP set out to get a bite...almost trolling :rolleyes: