What Breed?

Diane J

Can anyone identify this breed? I noticed them last week and yesterday saw them again and think they are absolutely gorgeous, not to mention so friendly. I'm thinking some type of mastiff but I could be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated :(

whatbreed06.jpg

whatbreed01.jpg

whatbreed04.jpg

whatbreed02.jpg

whatbreed03.jpg

whatbreed05.jpg

I'm not sure what breed they are. Lovely looking though.

One thing though - I would not recommend letting a child go and pat an unknown dog that is tied to a Ute no matter how friendly it seems without the owner's permission! Many dogs are protective of their cars and when tied up.

I'm not sure what breed they are. Lovely looking though.

One thing though - I would not recommend letting a child go and pat an unknown dog that is tied to a Ute no matter how friendly it seems without the owner's permission! Many dogs are protective of their cars and when tied up.

I totally agree with you there, and my daughter ALWAYS asks a dog owners permission before touching another dog whenever we go out. Angel absolutely loves dogs and knows the rules. With these dogs I was also cautious but as we got out of our car they immediately gave 'the sign' that they were definitely friendly and approachable, with the older boy putting out his paw immediately to be shaken. And the younger female was just as eager to be petted and was actually quite vocal about it :(

We spent a good 10 minutes before going into the gym and another 30 minutes after training waiting for the owner to come out just so that I could find out what they are. Their nature reminded us so much of our dogo argentinos, especially with the female 'talking' to us LOL

The bigger dog on the right looks like a Ridgie, though I can't see a ridge? Perhaps they were crosses?

*eta pic

I also thought that, but they didn't have the ridge..... Hopefully the dogs and the owner will be at the gym tomorrow afternoon so I can find out for sure :(

The bigger dog on the right looks like a Ridgie, though I can't see a ridge? Perhaps they were crosses?

*eta pic

I also thought that, but they didn't have the ridge..... Hopefully the dogs and the owner will be at the gym tomorrow afternoon so I can find out for sure :(

ridgebacks don't always have ridges. they can be purebreds but cant be shown if they don't have a ridge. thats what i read anyway.

*eta pic

ridgebacks don't always have ridges. they can be purebreds but cant be shown if they don't have a ridge. thats what i read anyway.

Yep, that is true :(

The boy doesn't look like a pure Ridgeback to me though. I'm with the others - Ridgie x Mastiff

You know what I wish.....??

I wish people wouldnt let their children or themselves for that matter approach a strangers dog like that.

What would you of done if the dog jumped off and bolted across the car park?

What would you of done if the dog displayed aggression at any stage and latched on to your daughter?

Why is it that we try and try to educate people on not touching other peoples dogs.

I wish people wouldnt leave their dogs on the back of utes like that.

Sorry rant over.

I'd say they're crossbred hunting dogs.

And I think you're nuts to let your daughter pat dogs tied to the back of a ute with no owner present regardless of how friendly they appeared (and turned out to be - this time)

Only one of them was tied up :) Well I think they both were at some point but during the video, the female's leash got mysteriously severed by the looks of it.

I would totally never let a child go near strange, unattended dogs either, although they actually turned out friendly, you never know which way it will go at the end.

I'd say they're crossbred hunting dogs.

And I think you're nuts to let your daughter pat dogs tied to the back of a ute with no owner present regardless of how friendly they appeared (and turned out to be - this time)

Only one of them was tied up :) Well I think they both were at some point but during the video, the female's leash got mysteriously severed by the looks of it.

I would totally never let a child go near strange, unattended dogs either, although they actually turned out friendly, you never know which way it will go at the end.

As a rule neither myself or my daughter would ever approach a strange dog, but these dogs displayed no signs whatsoever to make me concerned for either of our safety. I know dogs (I've owned rottweillers and dogo argentinos for many many years) and know how to read them. These dogs were a perfect example of beautiful temperament and if I were their owner, I would be damn proud of these dogs (and I plan on telling the owner once I track him down at the gym).

Fact is, I observed them (we were parked in front of their car) and the dogs, especially the female were excited to see us and both put out their paws as if to call us to them. It would've been rude not to say hello to these gorgeous dogs :laugh:

Edited by Diane J

:) Thats is just beautiful, what gorgeous characters! That vid is too cute. I also dont advocate for the patting of ownerless dogs but it seems the dogs were trying to pat you first. Praying they dont tether with a check chain. I Hate dogs on utes :laugh: