Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

Ok so us Brisbanites are finally going to be organised with regular meets, the meets will be every first Sunday of the month and will alternate between Northside and Southside to keep it fair for everyone, so far we have no set parks so I think we will just try some different ones and see what we like

Just some rules regarding the meets

- If someone wants to suggest a different location (city/westside etc) thats fine BUT

- There must be adequate parking for those who will be driving

- The park must be a fairly decent size

- The regular dogs must be fairly easy going

- If you suggest (or request) a different location YOU MUST attend the meet!

We try to go to a different park each time and note the parks that were really good and worth revisiting, so far our successful meets have been at

-Kroll (Redcliffe)

-Mermaid Waters (Gold Coast)

June 5th - Northside Jack Pyle Park Between Gowan Rd & Snowberry St, Sunnybank Hills 2pm

July 3rd - Southside

August 7th - Northside

September 4th - Southside

October 2nd - Northside

November 6th - Southside

December 4th - Northside

Edited by GoldenGirl85

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so it appears I was first off the mark :( . I will have my puppy sometime in the next couple of months, though I did get a very promising email from a breeder this morning. Otherwise, it looks like OH's parents GR is coming to live with us for a bit.

I voted Sunday afternoons as I work a lot of weekends, but on Sundays I finish at 3pm so I can meet even if it's a work day for me.

I would be keen to join in on some DOL get togethers!! Sunday is probably better for me, as I work every 2nd Saturday - and I also don't mind what weekend of the month either!!!

It's a shame we don't have a facility like they do with the monthly Kepela (sp?) meet - it looks so gorgeous and perfect for something like this :) Oh well.... Nudgee is always nice, except there's usually alot of people out there on the weekends...

Not sure of anywhere else...

ok well im up for it, i have always wanted to try kedron brook off leash dog park (for those who dont know, it has a pond but is not fully fenced from what i understand, could be perfect)

im free any day of the weekend, i would prefer a saturday as normally on sundays im too lazy to do anything lol (but can do sunday) morning would be best for me also

southside, my local dog park is on Underwood road, there are softball fields also, that may be empty long as we dont think our dogs will run away, they have more space

I usually go to Alexandra Clark Park in Loganholme for the dog park but I know that could be a bit to much south for people. I know Wishart is a popular park but I have never been to any other one.

I am happy for Sunday's mostly.

Ok so by the looks its going to be the first sunday of every month after lunch...2 or 3pm?

We can set the next one for Nov 7th

Now to decide if we are starting on northside or southside...as far as Im aware the last meet was on Southside correct?

I'm not sure if it went ahead because of all the rain.

I think I can make the 7th - provided work is nice to me this roster, but it should be my turn to have that Sunday off. (Either way I finish work at 3, so if people are going to be there at that time, I'll come with my new puppy :D)

underwood park is also near daisy hill forest if we wanted to take our dogs for a walk bush as well, is always an option

ohh I would love to do that :cry:

Ok so by the looks its going to be the first sunday of every month after lunch...2 or 3pm?

We can set the next one for Nov 7th

Now to decide if we are starting on northside or southside...as far as Im aware the last meet was on Southside correct?

Ahh that dates out for me. I am camping at Double Island that weekend so unsure when I will be heading back. I will try my best to make the next one!