Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Let Their Dogs Take A Public Dump?

~Shepherd~

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully Sasha very rarely poos in public (maybe 5 times in the 2 years she's been with us) and doesn't like doing it... and if I see the inevitable crouch - I try to just tug her along (like I haven't noticed - especially when there is people around). However, if she's persistent - I ALWAYS carry poo bags. Just in case.

Akira generally does not toilet on lead. We never made a big deal out of training that, she has just always preferred not to. She is starting to learn a toileting command, though, because when I take her to work for the day, she has to toilet on lead because the yard isn't fenced. She has also always preferred not to toilet when out, but she's starting to grow out of that. I just make sure I carry bags.

There are certain times/places when I dont allow it - two doors down from our house on our way home, in front of the outdoor dining area of the local hotel at lunch time, tiny nature strip in the middle of a busy road... in those cases he can wait a few minutes longer until we can reach a more appropriate area.

Not hard to stop, just say "no" when I see the change in his posture that signals he wants to go and keep walking, then when we reach a place where he can go I stop and let him :eek:

I carry bags so 99% of the time he goes when he needs to and I just pick it up. Wouldn't make him hold on for long unless absolutely necessary, it must be uncomfortable.

There are certain times/places when I dont allow it - two doors down from our house on our way home, in front of the outdoor dining area of the local hotel at lunch time, tiny nature strip in the middle of a busy road... in those cases he can wait a few minutes longer until we can reach a more appropriate area.

Not hard to stop, just say "no" when I see the change in his posture that signals he wants to go and keep walking, then when we reach a place where he can go I stop and let him :eek:

I carry bags so 99% of the time he goes when he needs to and I just pick it up. Wouldn't make him hold on for long unless absolutely necessary, it must be uncomfortable.

Exactly.

I've been known to fast track it down the road dragging a sniffing dog with a puckering bum so that he doesn't drop at an awkward or inappropriate place but that's about it.

What's easily deposited is just as easily collected by a hooman hand in a plastic bag! :wave:

None of my dogs have ever needed to crap in the middle of an oval, I make sure they get their morning and evening poo time and know if they dont.

If they dont go, and we are out all day, I will show them an appropriate place, pull out my bag and off we go.

ETA, First sentence was a bit of a lie, Charlie did briefly hence my aversion to the public pink ring

Edited by Chewbacca

Three out of my four don't usually go when we are walking. But devil dog Champa goes 99% of the time. He doesn't even stop, just keeps on walking while he drops his load. No amount of correction will stop him. I then have to track back 20m picking up all the deposits. Blurgh! Pia tried to go in the middle of CBD when we went in for the rally but thankfully a quick correction stopped her. We were on our way home anyway, so we stopped at a park on the way home so she could go there. :eek:

Three out of my four don't usually go when we are walking. But devil dog Champa goes 99% of the time. He doesn't even stop, just keeps on walking while he drops his load. No amount of correction will stop him. I then have to track back 20m picking up all the deposits. Blurgh! Pia tried to go in the middle of CBD when we went in for the rally but thankfully a quick correction stopped her. We were on our way home anyway, so we stopped at a park on the way home so she could go there. :wave:

:eek: Charlie used to, but she did it because she enjoyed it, then started waiting til we went out to do it. 3 sessions and she learnt to suck it up.