Sign in to follow this  
huga

Camera Bags

425 posts in this topic

Snook   

I got this email back from Shutterbug Designs today confirming they'll do international shipping:

Hi Kerri

Thank you for you inquiry re shipping to Australia. I am able to do international shipping, however orders can't be placed from the site at this point and payment must be via Paypal. I will need to know what you would like to order in order to calculate the weight to determine the shipping.

I look foward to hearing from you,

Alicia

Shall update on shipping costs once I have that info.

Naomi   

To those that ordered bags from PorteenGear, just wondering how long between the payment and delivery?

I ordered mine 2 and a half weeks ago. So hopefully it isn't too far away. :laugh: I'm excited to see it.

I really hope it keeps my camera safe and snug. I work at a camera house and I had a guy come in today with a cracked lcd screen (the screen wasn't working at all) which wasn't covered under warranty. He insisted that he hadn't damaged it but we found a scrape on the side of his camera bag and he had obviously knocked the bag against something which had put pressure on the camera inside. He was pretty mad that the bag hadn't protected the camera. I felt so sorry for him. :laugh:

To those that ordered bags from PorteenGear, just wondering how long between the payment and delivery?

I ordered mine 2 and a half weeks ago. So hopefully it isn't too far away. :rofl: I'm excited to see it.

I really hope it keeps my camera safe and snug. I work at a camera house and I had a guy come in today with a cracked lcd screen (the screen wasn't working at all) which wasn't covered under warranty. He insisted that he hadn't damaged it but we found a scrape on the side of his camera bag and he had obviously knocked the bag against something which had put pressure on the camera inside. He was pretty mad that the bag hadn't protected the camera. I felt so sorry for him. :D

Yeah they do take a little while. I ordered mine on the 15th Jan and it arrived on the 10th Feb. She said that it shipped on the 27th Feb so it does take a while.

They do have a fair bit of padding on the outside and the inserts.

Naomi   

Thanks Bec. I should be expecting mine sometime next week hopefully. And good to know about the padding.

I ordered mine on the 1st Feb and I haven't received it yet hopefully this week I could really use it this weekend

Did you get an email to say it had been shipped?

ETA I just checked my purchase details and it had been updated to say it was shipped on the 25th.

Edited by dwilds

Snook   
I got this email back from Shutterbug Designs today confirming they'll do international shipping:
Hi Kerri

Thank you for you inquiry re shipping to Australia. I am able to do international shipping, however orders can't be placed from the site at this point and payment must be via Paypal. I will need to know what you would like to order in order to calculate the weight to determine the shipping.

I look foward to hearing from you,

Alicia

Shall update on shipping costs once I have that info.

Here's the info if anyone was interested

The shipping and handling for a Cocoon would be 32.00 First Class (due to sending registered mail for tracking purposes. The other option is Priority mail, which is how I would need to ship the Cocoon with the two covers you mentioned. This would be 45.00.

Snook   

Okay, I finally finally made a decision. I think the reason I was umming and ahhhing so much is because whilst I love the Porteen bags and the others I found, I really just wanted a bag that looked like a handbag I could take to work. I love going out and doing a bit of street photography in my lunch break and the other bags really wouldn't be something I would use for work. I love the Kelly Moore bags but didn't really want to spent that much, plus $50 or whatever it is in postage right now. So, here's my solution.

I've now put in my order for one of these transferable camera bag liners so that I can use it in any bag of similar dimensions:

5513953009_c34cf6756e.jpg 5513953013_b1ae8cb995.jpg

And I'm just about to put through my order for one of these handbags to put it in:

5513953005_9b1a65fd75.jpg

All up it's cost me $64 for the liner ($30 was postage) and the bag is on sale at Strandbags down from $89.99 down to $62.99. I think this is a fantastic option for creating camera bags and gives the added bonus of being able to remove the liner and use the bag as a hand bag as well. :thumbsup:

Well I'm still waiting for my bag but this weather probably isn't helping and so it is probably stuck in one of the flooded areas. I'm hoping it will be here next week as I could really use it. Oh well to wait a bit longer........

Beth.   

Hmmm still trying to decide if I need one of these bags - the bag I have now is crap and broken, ok think I do need one :(

What do people think of these combos.... (that's if i'm picturing them the right way, hehe).

Combo 1 - my favourite I think...

5519054502_3bff764236_z.jpg

Combo 2

5519054180_a86996e147_z.jpg

Combo 3.

(I know this is really similar to Becs, but just one I liked the look of :laugh: )

5519054428_7371f49f12_z.jpg

So they're pretty similar :confused: but these 3 are what I seem to be looking at.......

Snook   

Can't wait to see pics!

I love the third one LL. I'm sure Bec wouldn't have an issue with you having a similar bag. :laugh:

Naomi   

Lottie, I like combo 2.

My bag arrived today but it is waiting for me at the post office. So I'll be picking it up tomorrow! Finally my camera will be warm and snug at night. :laugh:

Naomi   

Woohoo. Photos. I lurve my bag so much! It is very pretty and better than I had originally imagined it. I would suggest this lovely purple/chocolate combo to others. :confused:

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

Beth.   
Argh I want one!!

:confused:

Me too!!!!! I think I might order one soon........

Love it Naomi!!! What colour leather is that, the chocolate?? That's the colour I want I think!!

Seems like combo 2 is the goer :laugh::wave:

Beth.   

Ohhh they have some new fabrics!!!!!!!

And this one from before (but with the choc leather)...

5535733447_dc18b9e31f_z.jpg

Think I might bite the bullet over the weekend and order one!!! Now just to decide which - I think anything would be gorgeous though!!!!! :(

Eeeee just ordering the above now - soooo excited :( :( :D

Edited by LuvLottie

Beth.   

I just ordered my bag :rofl::laugh::laugh::o

Can't wait till it gets here!!!!!!!!!!!