Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Guest english.ivy

Which size bag do you have Chezy?

My 3kg bag of feline has a zip lock top but I store the 20kg in a large tin so mice can't get in.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently started feeding BH again to my dogs and am very happy with it, I have been a converted raw feeder for many years and I only use the holistic dry foods now and then.

Hamish had pancreatitis Christmas last year and I have had trouble keeping the weight on him, he was ok while the weather was nice but needed to improve his condition with the cold weather. I contacted Dyzney and she was very helpful finding out the information for me about feeding BH to him. The girls seem to get fat just looking at food but Hamish has always needed that bit more to maintain his weight - since removing lamb bones from his daily menu keeping the weight on him was a loosing battle. He is already gaining weight since I added BH to his meals and as long as he can tolerate it I will keep him on it. I am sure the girls must hate him when they see what he gets compared to them :laugh: .

Anyway - just wanted to say I am very happy with Black Hawk and as long as Hamish can keep eating it I will keep buying it. Thanks for everything Dyzney :thumbsup: .

Edited by Andisa

I was wondering the other day when i was pegging the top of the bag , if a resealable top would be something that could happen in the future :)

Oooh that would be so convenient.

I currently use Nutro Lite for our seniors here but I'm quite interested in trying the Black Hawk. Two questions - what exactly is the content of the 'lamb meal' which is listed as the first ingredient, and can you tell me when the light variety will be available :)

If I was you I would contact Black Hawk direct and I'm sure they will happily answer these questions. As far as I know they are trialing a lite? Plus a chicken based food.

I will buy the lite for my two Labs when it is available.

i'm really looking forward to the lite variety --- my 2 are on a supplemented diet in that i add 20gm of dry to their raw each meal because i'm suspicious that they both gain weight rather easily!

as an aside, bobbie the cat has increased her intake and likely due to the cooler temperatures --- she's been happy on a 30gm serve of dry per day and that i would top up to 30gm each morning [she also gets 80gm of raw per day ] but this past week she's been consuming ALL her dry component leaving nothing in her bowl.

is there a lite variety on the table for our kitties!??!

I was wondering the other day when i was pegging the top of the bag , if a resealable top would be something that could happen in the future :)

i would very much appreciate that also!!!

Guest english.ivy

Wondering what changed in the formula of the product when it went from dark small peices to larger lighter peices? Like from Dark chocolate color to milk chocolate color?

Mine are still the same as they always have been the last 18 months. Doesn't sound like you have the same BH food there. Maybe contact whoever you got your last bag from?

i'm really looking forward to the lite variety --- my 2 are on a supplemented diet in that i add 20gm of dry to their raw each meal because i'm suspicious that they both gain weight rather easily!

as an aside, bobbie the cat has increased her intake and likely due to the cooler temperatures --- she's been happy on a 30gm serve of dry per day and that i would top up to 30gm each morning [she also gets 80gm of raw per day ] but this past week she's been consuming ALL her dry component leaving nothing in her bowl.

is there a lite variety on the table for our kitties!??!

I'd love a lighter variety in the cat food too. My girl tends to get a little chubby hehe.

Wondering what changed in the formula of the product when it went from dark small peices to larger lighter peices? Like from Dark chocolate color to milk chocolate color?

:confused: I have been feeding it now for two years & mine hasn't changed colour. Doesn't sound like you've got the genuine article there. Send a sample up to Sherel.

Edited by sheena

The Dogs NSW Northern Regional (coastal) Agility Trial is on at the Coffs Harbour showground next Friday, Saturday & Sunday. If anybody would like any of the Black Hawk Products brought to the trial, then email me at [email protected]. I will also have some samples with me of the Adult. There are 45 smaller bags of Black Hawk Adult being put up for prizes...so good luck :thumbsup:

Mine are still the same as they always have been the last 18 months. Doesn't sound like you have the same BH food there. Maybe contact whoever you got your last bag from?

Happened here too when I bought bags about 2 weeks ago, was wondering why it's changed.

Definately the proper product, bought from the same person as my other bags and who is still listed as a distributor and is in the new packaging.

Edited by tollersowned

Happened here too when I bought bags about 2 weeks ago, was wondering why it's changed.

Definately the proper product, bought from the same person as my other bags and who is still listed as a distributor and is in the new packaging.

Maybe we need Sherel (Collies02) to come on to the thread & explain then. We got a new pallet delivered just this week, but I havn't taken much notice as we still have a few bags left of the previous one.

Guest english.ivy

I just opened up the bag I bought yesterday and it looks normal. Sounds like the BH they make to export only has been sent to people in Aust. As I remember awhile ago some bags had half normal/half export and Sheryl said it was in error.

About the light variety, it's my understanding that it won't be marketed as a "light" food instead it will be chicken and rice rather than the regular lamb and rice. I'm sure Sherel will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the chicken and rice have a slightly lower level of protein and fat.

I have just opened a new bag and it looks the same as the others I have had although I noticed a few bigger red pieces through the food. I'm guessing from another food manufactured at the same place.

Oooh, I've found a new stockist of BH in Brisbane and I've set up an auto-delivery thingo with them. This happened in desperation when I realised that the coating of BH on the bottom of the bag wasn't deeper than I thought and it could only feed Hugo for about three more meals. I couldn't wait for Julana to deliver (I emailed her to put in an order yesterday and cancelled it today--got no reply for the first email so hopefully my order didn't go through!) sometime next week, so I looked at the stockists on the page, and I bought 20KG of BH from Paws for Life for ~$80 (incl. shipping), and they'll automatically deliver me another bag every six months too, which is brilliant!

The Dogs NSW Northern Regional (coastal) Agility Trial is on at the Coffs Harbour showground next Friday, Saturday & Sunday. If anybody would like any of the Black Hawk Products brought to the trial, then email me at [email protected]. I will also have some samples with me of the Adult. There are 45 smaller bags of Black Hawk Adult being put up for prizes...so good luck :thumbsup:

Does the agility trial start quite early? I only ask because I have a hens party to set up for, and a rehearsal dinner on Friday, a wedding on SAturday and a recovery day on Sunday. Thinking I might be able to quickly pop through on the way to dropping OH off at work.

If so, I'll be after a 5kg bag =]

Does the agility trial start quite early? I only ask because I have a hens party to set up for, and a rehearsal dinner on Friday, a wedding on SAturday and a recovery day on Sunday. Thinking I might be able to quickly pop through on the way to dropping OH off at work.

:wave: NSCleo....Judging starts 8am Friday, 8.30am Saturday & 7am :eek: Sunday, but we will be there about 7 on Friday & will bring along 5 kilos for you. Is this your hens party :thumbsup:

:wave: NSCleo....Judging starts 8am Friday, 8.30am Saturday & 7am :eek: Sunday, but we will be there about 7 on Friday & will bring along 5 kilos for you. Is this your hens party :thumbsup:

Ok, I'll be seeing you there! No, not my hens :( I wish it were, Im very excited for mine (in 4.5 months) but it's my sister's this weekend. I am Maid of Honour, hence the setting up duties!

:eek: at the starting times! I'll tell you again on Fri, but good luck!

As a distributor I can say that my last delivery ( within the last few weeks) the kibble is a different shape & a slightly lighter colour. I don't see any issue with this. I know the factory has moved locations maybe it is being processed on different machines & hence a different diecast.

Just my thought on it.

I haven't recieved any in a new shape or colour, but my last order was a month or so ago so will check the new one. It had slightly changed size/shape before though and we had no issues so it wouldn't worry me too much.

I wasn't worried at changing shape or colour, I barely gave it a second thought as I know it's still BH :laugh:

I was just backing the other person up as it happened to me and the brand is definately BH and not something else as a few people said it might be

Guest english.ivy

I haven't recieved any in a new shape or colour, but my last order was a month or so ago so will check the new one. It had slightly changed size/shape before though and we had no issues so it wouldn't worry me too much.

I guess WA doesn't sell as much BH and we're probably an order behind the East Coast.