My Little Milkcat

Kirty

My little Taylorbelle Milkcat was PTS tonight. :) Her mother was surrendered to me heavily pregnant and Taylorbelle was born under my daughters bed, with three other siblings. The other kittens grew up to be normal, happy kittens but Taylorbelle was different. She was raised with as much love and attention as any cat could want, but for some reason, as she grew up she became terrified of everything. We called her our little feral and we suspect she had a neurological problem. Her eyes were always dilated and she was constantly stressed. She lived here for 9 months but unfortunately her behaviour deteriorated in the last few weeks and she became quite aggressive and even more fearful. Tonight I made the horrible decision to have her PTS. :rofl:

My little Milkcat, I am so sorry I couldn't do more for you. If there was any way to help you, I would have done it. If love could have fixed you, you would have been perfect. I hope you can finally relax at the Bridge. I hope I've done the right thing. I'm so sorry. :rofl:

I am so sorry Kirty, know that you made the decision out of your love for her. You showed true compassion for her, it was a very selfless act. At least she was born into a home with love and she probably experienced more in her short life than most others do that live until an old age

:)

Kirty, it never becomes any easier, but you made the right decision for her, a life filled with terror like that would not have been a happy one. The fact that you care so much about having to make this decision shows just how hard it was for you

Wishing you all the peace in the world Taylorbelle :clap:

Our last kitty developed a brain tumour and some of the symptoms were quite distressing for all of us including her. She is resting over the bridge now too, so maybe she'll take Taylorbelle under her wing and show her how to be a sun-snoozing, lap sitting, purr-filled kitty again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone. It was a horrible decision to make - I've never had to have an animal PTS for behavioural reasons and it was really awful. :xmassantawave:

She was a damaged and hurting little soul, Kirty. You did the best for her all during her short life and when it became too much for her, you gave her peace. Give some to yourself, now. :dancingelephant: