I'm Miserable

Loving my Oldies

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's home :( ;) , but I think he isn't 100%. He didn't eat anything at the hospital which didn't surprise me as my dogs rarely take food from other people outside the house. Mind you, had I let him he would have raced into the garage when we arrived home and scoffed down Gussy Cat's food :scold:.

He had a huge drink of water, some of which came up, but that didn't surprise me.

So, it is a watching brief now as the cause is not evident :( . He isn't on any medication and he is to be fed just small meals of chicken.

:):)

Good to see that he is home but didn't your vet tell to just give him a few laps of water at a time. Pick up his bowl and only let him have a few laps and take it away, continue doing that for the next 24 hours until his tummy settles.

Good to see that he is home but didn't your vet tell to just give him a few laps of water at a time. Pick up his bowl and only let him have a few laps and take it away, continue doing that for the next 24 hours until his tummy settles.
That was after the visit to my normal vet and prior to 12 hours of hydration. But yes I did pick up the bowls of water (it is difficult with 5 dogs to manage these sorts of things). He seems to have settled down, had a very small meal of chicken and rice and wanted more - I had to be strong :cheer: . A little later I gave him a teaspoon of plain yoghurt which he loves, but refused a couple of nights ago, so he must be feeling a bit better even though his tail is down :banghead:

Thank you for all your good wishes. They are certainly appreciated.

Danny seems okay if still a little "different". He has kept his food and water down, and no diarrhoea. He just seems unhappy and I've spoken to my vet about this this morning. However, I will keep him under close observation and if he still seems down by Wednesday, back to the vet.

Edited by Mother Moocher

Im so glad to hear he is home Cyn :rofl: .

Tummy bugs can really knock you around so imagine how lousy a little guy like Danny would be feeling :p and he is a male! Isn't it in their genes to milk a situation like this it for all the little extra's its worth? ;)

Healing & Happy vibes being sent your way Danny! Get that tail up and smile at your worried mum :p