Rare Or Disqualifed Colours In Breeds.

poodlefan

I didn't say it was, I just said it looks kinda like. :confused: I realise it was a short haired afghan because that's what keshwar said it was. I hope no one took offence at that. If they did, they're easily offended. We cant all be experts but I love seeing breeds that are new to me. I never even knew before this thread there even was a short haired afghan. Can it be shown?

Sorry, I meant that in a lighthearted way having seen some high dudgeon on international breed lists. Didn't mean your post at all. I guess people get offended because if your X looks like a Y, there's an implication it isn't a good example of breed type.

No you can't show the smooth Afghan. I don't think you can show the Azawakh in Oz yet either tho' people are working on it because there is one in Victoria.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: Absolultely LOVE this thread :rofl:

Incredible how a different colour can show a dog in a completely different light. Some are quite difficult to recognise simply becasue you do not expect to see a breed in that colour.

Love them all, The Irish, poodles and GSDs in particular, amazing colours and coats.

Also LOVE the agouti sibe :rofl::laugh::laugh: and the smooth afghan :rofl:

Oh let's be honest, they are all stunning... :(

i thought you might have liked the red boston monah :rofl:

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :confused:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

Looks nothing like any wellbred Australian Shepherd. I would say Border Collie (choc tri) and possibly kelpie. Quite a common looking dog around here on the working properties.

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :laugh:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

It also looks a lot like my boy, who's a BC x Kelpie :laugh:

spencerbonecopy.jpg

That was actually my first thought too :( Head looks more kelpieish than either BC or Aussie.

Snap.

I always think having colour requirements in the standard is a pity unless it causes heath problems. Otherwise I wish all colours were accepted. It seems such a shame that healthy dogs are put down because their colour doesn't fit the standard.

Plus 1 to that

I just love this thread, so many that I did not know about!!! even a few breeds I didnt know of. Esp love the white and black lab, panda shepherd, long haired rotti and a few others.

A friend got a dog that was crossed between a long haired rotti and an american bulldog.... said it was really rare and something about it being popular over seas somewhere.... I just figured it wasn't a purebred esp with the owners pumping out x puppies and I thought that if it was true that the long hair would be disqualifying... not that they were breeding purebreds anyway.

Ide have a mismarked lab anyday. Also like the phantom poodles and the pie poodles.

I just love this thread, so many that I did not know about!!! even a few breeds I didnt know of. Esp love the white and black lab, panda shepherd, long haired rotti and a few others.

A friend got a dog that was crossed between a long haired rotti and an american bulldog.... said it was really rare and something about it being popular over seas somewhere.... I just figured it wasn't a purebred esp with the owners pumping out x puppies and I thought that if it was true that the long hair would be disqualifying... not that they were breeding purebreds anyway.

Ide have a mismarked lab anyday. Also like the phantom poodles and the pie poodles.

I also love the Phantom or, as they're sometimes called, the Harlequin Poodles!

ETA - that smooth Afghan is a stunning-looking dog!

Edited by poodlemum

long haired rottweiler

cooper_longhairrottie.jpg

For some reason I think of "Big Foot" every time I see this dog's photo. No offence to the owner - I'm sure he's a beautiful dog :confused:.

I love the black and white Standard Poodle that PF posted up. I think I could have him :laugh:.

Not sure about the black/tan RR .... strikes me as having Dobe in the mix, but would need a better photo.

Edited by Erny

This is totally fascinating - before this thread I'd never heard of an Azawakh, and to be completely honest (and pardon if this comes across as ignorant), if I'd seen a dog like that in the street or in a yard I would have feared for its care given how pronounced its ribs and hips are!!

Hahaha I've been yelled at on the street for starving my clipped off Afghan Hound... if you can't educate them, you just need to take the hits on the chin.

I didn't say it was, I just said it looks kinda like. :confused: I realise it was a short haired afghan because that's what keshwar said it was. I hope no one took offence at that. If they did, they're easily offended. We cant all be experts but I love seeing breeds that are new to me. I never even knew before this thread there even was a short haired afghan. Can it be shown?

Sorry, I meant that in a lighthearted way having seen some high dudgeon on international breed lists. Didn't mean your post at all. I guess people get offended because if your X looks like a Y, there's an implication it isn't a good example of breed type.

No you can't show the smooth Afghan. I don't think you can show the Azawakh in Oz yet either tho' people are working on it because there is one in Victoria.

I can't wait until Azawakhs are showable in Australia... I have seen the Vic one in person and boy is she pretty.