Rare Or Disqualifed Colours In Breeds.

poodlefan

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :rofl:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

It also looks a lot like my boy, who's a BC x Kelpie :D

spencerbonecopy.jpg

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :rofl:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

It also looks a lot like my boy, who's a BC x Kelpie :D

spencerbonecopy.jpg

That was actually my first thought too :) Head looks more kelpieish than either BC or Aussie.

I think she's gorgeous, Mum doesn't! Mum's a little worried one might crop up in our litter but it's unlikely from the lines we have. :confused:

She is a lovely girl, I think she's gorgeous too. They were parked next to me at a trial when she was a little puppy :laugh:

I have seen some rare colours in Tenties (I believe it was called a dilute fawn?) but can't find any pictures :laugh:

The only colour Manchester Terrier I can find apart from Black & Tan is blue:

post-16036-1288770744_thumb.jpg

:confused: Absolultely LOVE this thread :rofl:

Incredible how a different colour can show a dog in a completely different light. Some are quite difficult to recognise simply becasue you do not expect to see a breed in that colour.

Love them all, The Irish, poodles and GSDs in particular, amazing colours and coats.

Also LOVE the agouti sibe :rofl::laugh::laugh: and the smooth afghan :rofl:

Oh let's be honest, they are all stunning... :(

To go with the long coated Rottie.

a smooth afghan looks kinda like a Sloughi or one of those Azwha????? I cant remember :confused: I'm sure you know what I mean. :laugh:

Azawakh

I think the Afghan has a bigger head.

4 pix of the related breeds below - standing up so you can see the difference better. I haven't included stuff like Caravan Hounds or Greyhounds. All I can say is that if you're not sure, ask. Nothing offends some of our overseas friends like calling a smooth saluki an azawakh, or whatever :laugh:

Smooth Afghan:

SundanceLookUp.JPG

Smooth Saluki:

saluki.jpg

Azawakh

1198067339azawakh_hound.jpg

Sloughi

1198060267sloughi.jpg

This is totally fascinating - before this thread I'd never heard of an Azawakh, and to be completely honest (and pardon if this comes across as ignorant), if I'd seen a dog like that in the street or in a yard I would have feared for its care given how pronounced its ribs and hips are!!

I didn't say it was, I just said it looks kinda like. :confused: I realise it was a short haired afghan because that's what keshwar said it was. I hope no one took offence at that. If they did, they're easily offended. We cant all be experts but I love seeing breeds that are new to me. I never even knew before this thread there even was a short haired afghan. Can it be shown?