What Sex Dog Do You Prefer

kamuzz

What sex dog in a pet home (desexed)  

155 members have voted

1. 1. If you only had one dog (desexed)

• Boy
    • Girl
    • Sex is not a factor in my choice
  2. 2. If you could have two dogs (desexed)

• Two boys
    • Two girls
    • One of each
  3. 3. If you could have three dogs (desexed)

• Three boys
    • Three girls
    • Two boys one girl
    • Two girls one boy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my own breed of Border Collies I much prefer the girls and I don't think I would have a boy again. Currently we have three girls, before those had two boys. Most other breeds though I prefer boys. When my old girl goes I will either get another girl BC or a boy of a different breed. Even our two cats are girls. OH is the only boy :rofl:

I LOVE my boys, of which I currently have 3. All my boys both current and past :rofl: have been terrific dogs who have been/are extremely affectionate as well as very closely bonding dogs. I have had a female who was an absolutely fabulous dog ( ;) RIP darling) who I loved dearly and had a very strong bond with and whilst she was more independent than my sooky lala boys :rofl: she was also extremely closely bonding and very rarely put a paw wrong her whole life. I certainly won't rule out having another lab girl in my life as a mate for my youngster in the future.

I used to prefer the boys, they do tend to be more cuddly and affectionate, and I have found them easier to train. But I would have to now say I prefer girls, we have had so many rescue boys come through our house with disgusting habits.

We currently have 3 girls and 1 boy, he is both mine and my husbands heart dog and he has wonderful manners, he is also the kids best mate. I will always have a boy but only one, I would have unlimited girls.

4 boys in this house .... they all get along great which is awesome :thumbsup:

Sorry the poll only allows three questions so had to stop at 3 dogs

Went to complete the poll but as all the dogs are desexed, I can't. I show my dogs and occassionally breed.

Yes, two of my dogs are entire including my lovely girl.

You could always answer hypothetically - what would you choose in that situation?

I deliberately specified desexed (pet home) because the dynamics may be different between entire dogs, making things all too complicated for a poll with 3 questions.

I currently have two girls. I lean more towards girls, but really don't care.

When I was looking at getting a Finnish Lapphund, I was in email contact with breeders and said that I didn't really care what sex or colour it was - and I don't. I just wanted a lappie. As it turned out, I got my dream dog, and she happened to be a girl.