Pets Paradise Maribyrnong

Kelpie-i

Hi everyone

I think it's time to name and shame this pet store.

Pets Paradise in Maribyrnong...these photos were taken last night of one of the puppy enclosures. As you can see the puppies were sleeping in their own faeces whilst the staff stood around chatting and laughing amongst themselves. Also you will see the cracked glass in one of the enclosures...which one would hope they would know about.

A few of us have already called the Highpoint Shopping centre's Management who state that they have had a number of complaints about this store. The council ranger has been notified and has stated that they have been informed of this store's past history.

Enough complaints means we can shut this hell hole down as they are on their last legs apparently.

Absolutely disgusting!

PPPuppy3.jpg

PPPuppy2.jpg

PPPuppy1.jpg

Unfortunately head office (of pets paradise, not the shopping centre) will probably just take back control of the store until some other moron decides to buy it and then the same thing will probably happen again. :laugh:

They won't care about the puppies, they will care that it might stop people spending money there though.

I truly loathe the entire company and what they stand for. Bunch of money hungry a#*holes!

You should send the photos to Ch 7's Today Tonight - they just now put on a story about selling pets in pet shops, what really goes on etc etc. I'm sure they'd love to see them!

Yes, the more this gets out to the public the more the chance of outrage and change. TT is good at taking up causes, send them the pics please - they may take this on and help the poor little souls and those in the future like them.

thats terrible but not all owners of these stores are like that. some do care about the welfare of the animals and not about making dollars.

WHy would you own a STORE thats sells animals if you didn't care about making money?

Especially one from that particular chain?

No matter how much the owner may care they still can't properly vet a possible client as well as a breeder or rescue can. Breeders form a relationship with potential puppy buyers weeks, months in advance. Rescue require inspections and also have a chance to get to know the person before letting the puppy go to it's new home.

In a pet shop the deal can be done, money handed over and they're out the door in 20 mins. How is that 'caring' about the welfare of the pups and kittens?

I thought we weren't allowed to name stores?

Agree, it is dispicable.

Poochmad, didn't actually check the rules but would be happy to remove it if advised to by Troy. But I would hope that in this instance, we don't protect the criminals.

Pointees, yes I did notice that too...I'm always at Watergardens so was so happy to see the store close. Pet Goods Direct is also a subsidiary store to PP and I hear that their Sydenham store is not travelling too well these days, especially with Petstock Taylors Lakes opening which is a good thing :thumbsup:

thats terrible but not all owners of these stores are like that. some do care about the welfare of the animals and not about making dollars.

WHy would you own a STORE thats sells animals if you didn't care about making money?

I don't own the store but it was brought as an investment for a friend from their father. she is unable to change the name of the store either she looked into it. her cages are always clean, animals rotated and removed out the back , clean water etc. she makes more money from the sales of other items and there was a few months their where her cages were empty so yeah its not always about the money,

I don't own the store but it was brought as an investment for a friend from their father. she is unable to change the name of the store either she looked into it. her cages are always clean, animals rotated and removed out the back , clean water etc. she makes more money from the sales of other items and there was a few months their where her cages were empty so yeah its not always about the money,

your friend needs to consult a lawyer :)

If she owns a PP store chances are its a Franchise so she wouldn't be able to change the name, with or without a lawyer.

A petshop is a petshop. You can cover it in sugar and fluff all you like but it is what it is, an avenue for puppy-farmers and bybs to earn an income.

If she owns a PP store chances are its a Franchise so she wouldn't be able to change the name, with or without a lawyer.

yup! totally accept that BUT a corporate lawyer can have her 'out' of that franchise and 'in' her own by a few strokes of a pen --- i've seen it happen.

Can she not refuse to stock animals?

Or perhaps she could liase with a rescue and showcase their animals.