What Cheeses Me Off !

Mandalay

When people have "rent-a-crowd" cheering and especially whooping - IMO if you're going to clap a winner you should clap all the winners of that breed.

Do they have a 'rent a crowd' because be in there own breed don't like them. :)

Lol, probably but still poor manners IMO!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who excercise (I mean toileting) their dogs in the ring before judging and during lunch breaks.

Another one is when they toilet their dog right infront of where you are set up when there is plenty of room out the back :thumbsup:

Edited by dogone

People who stuff around when there are runs offs, week after week.

You have been showing for 10+ years surely you know the process by now.

One of my favourite annoying things too :thumbsup: . After the kerfuffle, the lead changing, the dog swapping and questioning the steward about which dog they need next, they STILL take the wrong dog into the ring :):eek:

Others:

- when my dogs find a spot of duck poo just outside the ring entrance and do a full body roll in it before I can stop them :mad

- when people park in the 'aisles' of the carpark cause they arrived late but want to park close to the rings, and block me in.

- drizzle causing frizzy coats :mad

and my favourite

- when my dog races to the ring, goes around the ring like a particularly sleepy sloth, then struts out of the ring like a BIS winner ;) . Happens to me every week :D Evil puppies :rofl:

- when my dog races to the ring, goes around the ring like a particularly sleepy sloth, then struts out of the ring like a BIS winner :eek: . Happens to me every week :thumbsup: Evil puppies :)

This is exactly what I get with Portia 90% of the time..... slugs around the ring with her tail down, and as soon as we are out of the ring, up goes the tail. :D

- when my dog races to the ring, goes around the ring like a particularly sleepy sloth, then struts out of the ring like a BIS winner :dancingelephant: . Happens to me every week :dancingelephant: Evil puppies :birthday:

This is exactly what I get with Portia 90% of the time..... slugs around the ring with her tail down, and as soon as we are out of the ring, up goes the tail. :birthday:

practice stacking outside the ring and getting the perfect free stack every time walk into the ring and the judge asks for free stacking only to have your dog go nah watch this and arch and slouch and not move their feet at all rofl

- when my dog races to the ring, goes around the ring like a particularly sleepy sloth, then struts out of the ring like a BIS winner :cry: . Happens to me every week :) Evil puppies :)

I've had two of these, go round the ring like a bag lady, gait beautifully back to the gazebo :p

I've seen them do it! :p

One of my favourite annoying things too :p . After the kerfuffle, the lead changing, the dog swapping and questioning the steward about which dog they need next, they STILL take the wrong dog into the ring :cry: :p

This one only cheeses me off if I know they're doing it as an attention seeking thing. Then it's really :) particularly if it's hot or raining.

One of my favourite annoying things too :p . After the kerfuffle, the lead changing, the dog swapping and questioning the steward about which dog they need next, they STILL take the wrong dog into the ring :) :p

This one only cheeses me off if I know they're doing it as an attention seeking thing. Then it's really :) particularly if it's hot or raining.

It certainly annoys me when rather than have each dog on a lead ringside and ready to go, they have one lead, put the dog in its crate, get the next dog out, put that lead on.... you get my drift.

Same goes for RUBOBs being ready for Best in Group - the process is the same every time. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to be ready just in case. :cry:

Edited by poodlefan

It certainly annoys me when rather than have each dog on a lead ringside and ready to go, they have one lead, put the dog in its crate, get the next dog out, put that lead on.... you get my drift.

Yep, fortunately I've not stewarded the toy ring often enough to get seriously cheesed off by that yet, and it doesn't occur in my breed TG.

I have seen some great little set ups where people have those velcro number holders and the number and each lead in little named pockets for each dog and a helper who knows which dog is which and has them all set up to go. And then there's the helpless and hopeless :)

Yep, fortunately I've not stewarded the toy ring often enough to get seriously cheesed off by that yet, and it doesn't occur in my breed TG.

I have seen some great little set ups where people have those velcro number holders and the number and each lead in little named pockets for each dog and a helper who knows which dog is which and has them all set up to go. And then there's the helpless and hopeless :)

Not to mention those who seem to think that others should simply have to wait for them.

Ditto those with serial escape artists who seem to regard all other exhibitors as there to watch out for and catch their dogs.

When you arrive to find you cannot get a site anywhere that has a clear view of your ring because every tom dick and harry with a campervan has blocked up the whole area and you have to be in the seas of gazebos behind all the campervans.. (who take up the space of 2 gazebos and they only have 1 dog)

- when people park in the 'aisles' of the carpark cause they arrived late but want to park close to the rings, and block me in.

:rofl:

People who have finished in the ring, and as the next breed is called they decide to stop in the entrance and 'debrief' the results.

People who set up in walk ways, as they got to the show late.

People who can't park!!!!! :laugh:

And people who don't smile. :laugh:

People who stuff around when there are runs offs, week after week.

You have been showing for 10+ years surely you know the process by now.

People who enter far to many dogs and don't have enough handlers.

A steward you can't hear.

No map of the ring layouts for country shows, either at the venue or in our envelope.

:rofl::laugh: :laugh: Chi people who have multiple dogs and only one lead. :cry: :D ;) ;)

:rofl::laugh: :laugh: Chi people who have multiple dogs and only one lead. :cry: :D ;) ;)

and the same Chi people who decide to have a chat whilst changing that one lead, finish putting the lead on the dog but absolutely refuse to enter the ring until they have finished that conversation then continue the same process for 8 dogs!!!!

when someone really expected to win and comes out of the ring snapping that the judge has no idea on type or movement - then picks the crap out of the dog that won........nasty....

oh and when packing up to find that someone allowed their dog to piss on my things... :rofl:

Edited by Andisa