Bondi Vet

Flaves

If the CHi was in for yearly vacc and yearly woming tablet, I dont get it

Is there a yearly worming tablet on the market I dont know about or does the Chi only get wormed once a year?????????????????

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Chi was a horrible little beast. Shame on the owners for allowing their dog to get away with that behaviour. If it was a big dog carrying on like that no one would be blaming the vet.

I agree with you JulesP. He gets it in the neck here because of his looks. If he was as ugly as a hatful the haters wouldn't be interested.

Dr Harry is ugly and I reserve a special dislike for him too

. He obviously loves animals.

You wouldn't think that if you saw him behind the scenes.....

The situation with the Chi was stupid. Every single clinic I've ever worked at would have had the dog taken out the back, away from it's stupid owners, it would have been held correctly by a vet nurse and a pill popper would have been used first time. It would have been all over in a couple of minutes with minimal stress to all involved.

BTW, he did use a pill popper, it was on the table. I saw it as the owner picked up the dog after it was over. Obviously, he wanted to appear tough or the shows producers wanted the dramatic effect so didn't include him actually giving the dog the tablet. Anyway, who the hell tries to give a dog a tablet by holding it in front of their face????? Did he think the dog was going to take it and eat it like a treat?? I'm sorry, I don't care what he looks like but the guy is a wanker.

I'm sorry, I don't care what he looks like but the guy is a wanker.

Mr Raz said he's the Fabio of the vet world - He makes the old girls wet their pants.

:)

That reminds of one of those comedy shows (Full Frontal, Comedy Company kind of thing), anyway they had a guy ripping off Fabio and he used to do a little dance and then would always approach some chick and say 'Root me". Me and mum used to almost wet our pants laughing.

I have made my thoughts known on this idiot in previous Bondi Vet threads, but the one thing I will give him is that he does genuinely care for the animals and so does his ditzy blonde offsider, despite the fact she annoys the hell out of me too :mad I don't believe they fake the genuine care and love they have for the animals, it is just all the other idiotic things they do and say that annoy me profusely :mad

I have made my thoughts known on this idiot in previous Bondi Vet threads, but the one thing I will give him is that he does genuinely care for the animals and so does his ditzy blonde offsider, despite the fact she annoys the hell out of me too :mad I don't believe they fake the genuine care and love they have for the animals, it is just all the other idiotic things they do and say that annoy me profusely :mad

Well that's good to know they are genuinely interested in the animals, and the stupid things they say and do arent their fault - the producers call the shots on all that crap to make it more interesting for the target viewers, which is why most people on here cant stand the drivel. I mean the whole thing with the chi - you can just hear the producers saying it - rev the little land piranha up so it looks really good for the silly old bitches at home who want to see Fabio hold up his finger and show blood blood blood. Then you can hear the collective sigh from the old girls - Nawwwww Fabio my darling, I'll fix that war wound for you :mad I should become a tv producer.

Well that's good to know they are genuinely interested in the animals, and the stupid things they say and do arent their fault - the producers call the shots on all that crap to make it more interesting for the target viewers, which is why most people on here cant stand the drivel. I mean the whole thing with the chi - you can just hear the producers saying it - rev the little land piranha up so it looks really good for the silly old bitches at home who want to see Fabio hold up his finger and show blood blood blood. Then you can hear the collective sigh from the old girls - Nawwwww Fabio my darling, I'll fix that war wound for you :mad I should become a tv producer.

I am not defending his stupid behaviour but more the fact that I really believe they are sincere in their love for animals. I understand that the stupid things Chris does and says calls his credibility into question time and time again, no doubt about that, but the fact is I still do believe he is a genuine animal lover. Lots of genuine animal lovers do some stupid things with their animals and and say stupid things about them, but unfortunately he does them on national television probably at the behest of the producers to boost the ratings. In the process of doing so he conveys the wrong message out there and opens himself to ridicule by the likes of us dol members and more animal savy people, but I still believe both he and his ditzy offsider are genuine animal lovers.

I am not defending his stupid behaviour but more the fact that I really believe they are sincere in their love for animals. I understand that the stupid things Chris does and says calls his credibility into question time and time again, no doubt about that, but the fact is I still do believe he is a genuine animal lover. Lots of genuine animal lovers do some stupid things with their animals and and say stupid things about them, but unfortunately he does them on national television probably at the behest of the producers to boost the ratings. In the process of doing so he conveys the wrong message out there and opens himself to ridicule by the likes of us dol members and more animal savy people, but I still believe both he and his ditzy offsider are genuine animal lovers.

and that unfortunately is how disinformation is spread. to the detriment of the animals and those who believe what they see and hear.

Lot's of dog lovers aren't responsible for saving animals lives....

I thought the guy with the danes was a bit of a worry!

It looked like he was thowing the stick into that rough surf from those rocks for the dogs to fetch - what was with that?

Also treating the one with the ear infection with human antibiotics.... :)

And taking a dog that was so sick for a run and swim at the beach and then going to the vet? I would be heading straight for the vet with a feverish dog.

Think about it - how did the camera crew know he was at the beach with a sick dog and was then going to the vet :laugh:

A lot of the show is staged - he would have turned up at the vet for a consult and then they shot some location shots afterwards once they decided his story was worthy of the show

Who takes a dog with an ear infection swimming?

Its all for the cameras...

Anyway, who the hell tries to give a dog a tablet by holding it in front of their face??

My Newf used to eat tablets like treats :) he refused to eat the flavoured tablets (Drontal etc) as well as the Heartgard chewables.

My Borders will eat tablets like treats 50% of the time.

I have made my thoughts known on this idiot in previous Bondi Vet threads, but the one thing I will give him is that he does genuinely care for the animals and so does his ditzy blonde offsider, despite the fact she annoys the hell out of me too :) I don't believe they fake the genuine care and love they have for the animals, it is just all the other idiotic things they do and say that annoy me profusely :D

Well that's good to know they are genuinely interested in the animals, and the stupid things they say and do arent their fault - the producers call the shots on all that crap to make it more interesting for the target viewers, which is why most people on here cant stand the drivel. I mean the whole thing with the chi - you can just hear the producers saying it - rev the little land piranha up so it looks really good for the silly old bitches at home who want to see Fabio hold up his finger and show blood blood blood. Then you can hear the collective sigh from the old girls - Nawwwww Fabio my darling, I'll fix that war wound for you :laugh: I should become a tv producer.

and that unfortunately is how disinformation is spread. to the detriment of the animals and those who believe what they see and hear.

Agreed.

I personally think he's a moron - a well-meaning one, perhaps, but a moron all the same. Particularly in regards to the breed hysteria he promoted with some pit bull issues a while ago. The Lisa woman seems like a complete twat. I've heard her promote crossbreeds like "spoodles"; she owns two herself. Both of them make me roll my eyes.

He's gross to me. 'Course, that could be the fact I'm a lesbian speaking. :laugh: The episode where they went to Bali (or Fiji) made me laugh something chronic. Surfing when you're supposed to be on a veterinary mission? REALLY?

To each their own, I guess. :)

I can't understand, if by the looks of it a lot of you out there despise him and the show so much, then why do you watch it?

Have you ever driven past a car crash?

Don't really want to look, but can't not look either. And let's face it, so much of what is said and done on that show is a great big pile up! :laugh:

@Spikespuppy - My Dobe also will eat a tablet :) but as if you would do it like that with a snarling dog that you don't really know. There is no way in hell that any person that has an brain would even bother trying. He is a show pony.