helen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thundershirts here for $35: http://www.arcatapet.com/

Postage is $11, not bad :p I love this site, my favorite overseas supplier of dog stuff :laugh:

Bugger, just jumped to $17 del. Tried to order one before work but ran out of time.

Thanks for the link to the website.

I will order one after xmas.

Delivery is now $12 at this website

For those who were coloured ones you can buy a blue or a pink direct from the website www.thundershirt.com you can also get $10 off by using the coupon code TSHOLIDAY10 (only available with the pink or blue on the downside shipping is $20 from here

The shipping cost stays the same, but depending on what size you order, it's different because of the weight of the parcel that needs to be sent ;)

also - sizes small or less don't qualify for the discount... (not a big enough order apparently)

Postage is $11, not bad :p I love this site, my favorite overseas supplier of dog stuff :laugh:

Bugger, just jumped to $17 del. Tried to order one before work but ran out of time.

For those who were coloured ones you can buy a blue or a pink direct from the website www.thundershirt.com you can also get $10 off by using the coupon code TSHOLIDAY10 (only available with the pink or blue on the downside shipping is $20 from here

The shipping cost stays the same, but depending on what size you order, it's different because of the weight of the parcel that needs to be sent ;)

also - sizes small or less don't qualify for the discount... (not a big enough order apparently)

I did a mock order with an XS to check postage and it worked, did it let you apply the discount code?

Postage is $11, not bad :) I love this site, my favorite overseas supplier of dog stuff :D

I did a mock order with an XS to check postage and it worked, did it let you apply the discount code?

yep and it came up with- your order is too small to qualify for this discount...

I canceled my original order cause I thought it was important for Angel to have a pink Thundershirt :) I ordered from the US and I finally got to try it out today.

I put it on her this morning and she still sat beside me and shook while there was loud noises, but she didn't seem as bad as usual. I thought the storm was gone so I took it off her, but then it came back again later and had already started by the time I got the shirt on her. I took all three dogs out in the car with me to run errands and brought her into PawPaws [doggy daycare] where she usually gets manic. [Running around, jumping on people, panting, anxious.] The storm was happening at the same time and she really didn't seem as panty and needy as usual. She was onlead though. It's early days. Probably too early to know if it's doing much.

We had a bit of thunder yesterday and I put the shirt on and didn't think Lily was as bad as usual. Today however there have been massive storms with thunder and lightning for hours. She's been pretty upset but I'm going to persevere with this. I don't think she was running around trying to hide as much as she usually does.

I think they do get better over time. A bit of a thunder storm here yesterday which I wasn't expecting & I dashed to get Mish's shirt with that first "clap". She gave me a look that I swear said "Ah, relief is at hand.". :) And Spirit hasn't been hasselling Scout as much, so he's been happy just to lounge around the house without Spirit giving him a hard time. :)

Oh dear another item I need to consider for my girl (I've been trying to stop spending money)

my main issue as well but I have 2 dogs with different anxiety issues and if this fixed it it would be a lifesaver. Now to decide where to get it and what colour ;)

• 3 weeks later...

i've ordered 2 thundershirts from waggle and they are at my post office waiting for someone to go get them cause I can't drive at the moment. I'm looking forward to trying them on both my dogs as one is afraid of storms and one is afraid of people, men in particular, and car travel. will update about my experiences.......

what is the best way to introduce the dogs to the thundershirt???

I have ordered one for my kelpie who is an anxious kind of girl at the best of times - especially during fireworks - I was worried as we will be out during New Year this year so hoping this will help - is it something you could leave on them while you are out or do they need to be supervised? i can arrange for someone to sit with them if needed.

I make it firm like a compression bandage. I tried keeping it looser across the chest as I thought Erik didn't like it, but it seemed less effective that way. Tightening it up again made a difference, I think. They should feel the pressure. The material is stretchy enough that you can put it on quite tight and they can still move fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried the thundershirt on Rosie for a short while - when i put it on her she immediately went into a quiet almost detached mode - our other dog couldn't work it out. I left it on for about 10 minutes and when I took it off she went and rolled on the carpet for a while - but there was a real difference in her demeanour when she had the shirt on so i am going to persevere with it - putting it on a few times and treating her - leaving it on for longer periods.

I tried the thundershirt on my pup yesterday and the change was absolutely amazing she went from super hyperactive to being really calm and it has helped with her fear of men as well

will have to try this.

question - would you leave it on a dog all day while you're at work?