Thundershirt For Dogs With Fear/anxiety Etc

helen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I did the pull test with Chazer. He didn't pull for a while but it had nothing to do with the shirt, he just didn't want to get to anywhere in a hurry, eventually we walked toward my friend so he started charging to her for his pat :o Thought the pulling thing was a bit much to expect

Edited by helen

that must be such a good feeling to achieve so much with her

I noticed they reckon it stops lead pulling. Brittanys are notorious lead pullers. Might have to borrow my friend's and give it a test run LOL

If you find any difference with pulling, let me know and I'll give one a shot. Akira is awful on lead.

Actually, I should probably try one anyway and see if there's any improvement with her fear of men.

Perhaps your dog just needs to be lead trained?

Would you like me to list everything we've tried and what our obedience school has said about Akira's pulling? Even THEY have given up on her, yet she can walk perfectly on leash in our yard because there's nothing to overstimulate her. I am certain her problem is excitement, hence why trying to calm her down would probably be very useful.

*Shrugs* you can be a smart ass if you want, doesn't really fix your problem does it.

Perhaps your dog just needs to be lead trained?

Would you like me to list everything we've tried and what our obedience school has said about Akira's pulling? Even THEY have given up on her, yet she can walk perfectly on leash in our yard because there's nothing to overstimulate her. I am certain her problem is excitement, hence why trying to calm her down would probably be very useful.

*Shrugs* you can be a smart ass if you want, doesn't really fix your problem does it.

I have some sympathy for the owner with an overexcited dog when on lead. I have one myself and no matter what happens, she's hard to settle. There's no need for the nasty response.

Ok. I read through the thread and maybe I missed stuff? . So can someone please sum up the whole thing? What is it and why buy it. Why is it different to any old dog coat? I ask because I have a mad shiba freaking out every time there is a storm, fireworks, loud machinery, negative feng shui, whatever......

Thundershirts here for $35: http://www.arcatapet.com/

Postage is $11, not bad :( I love this site, my favorite overseas supplier of dog stuff :thumbsup:

Bugger, just jumped to $17 del. Tried to order one before work but ran out of time.

Thanks for the link to the website.

I will order one after xmas.

Delivery is now $12 at this website

For those who were coloured ones you can buy a blue or a pink direct from the website www.thundershirt.com you can also get $10 off by using the coupon code TSHOLIDAY10 (only available with the pink or blue on the downside shipping is $20 from here

Thundershirts here for $35: http://www.arcatapet.com/

Postage is $11, not bad :laugh: I love this site, my favorite overseas supplier of dog stuff :rofl:

Bugger, just jumped to $17 del. Tried to order one before work but ran out of time.

Thanks for the link to the website.

I will order one after xmas.

Delivery is now $12 at this website

For those who were coloured ones you can buy a blue or a pink direct from the website www.thundershirt.com you can also get $10 off by using the coupon code TSHOLIDAY10 (only available with the pink or blue on the downside shipping is $20 from here

The shipping cost stays the same, but depending on what size you order, it's different because of the weight of the parcel that needs to be sent :laugh:

We tried the shirt on our boy a few nights ago during storms overnight. At first we didn't notice much of a difference, he was still stressed, pacing, etc. The only thing was that he finally settled on a spot and lay there nearly the whole night even while there was thunder -- he usually paces between rooms constantly. Not sure if it was the TS or not but we will be putting it on him again next time to see what happens :rofl:

Manuicure time for the dogs yesterday. The 2 young 'uns are fine & just stand on the bench. Mish is a nightmare though, because I blooded her once & she's never forgotten. We get it done with a towel secured over her head & me holding her while she shakes, snorts & tries to bite while OH whips round her paws as quickly as he can. Thought I'd give the TS a try. I wasn't confident enough to remove the towel over her head, but she just stood on the bench without any fuss what so ever & we got it done in record time. :rofl:

Got mine today, does anyone know what pets providores refund policy is like - my dog was in between two sizes and I went for the bigger size which I dont think is going to work. it fits the dog, but the flaps overhang and bit. i like the concept and idea and think it will really help my dog, so am disappointed that i didnt choose the right size for her

Am really hoping that i can exchange it for a size smaller, but If they dont exchange I may have an xtra large one to sell on if someone wants it.