Thundershirt For Dogs With Fear/anxiety Etc

helen

http://www.pets1.com.au has them at great prices. I bought mine direct from the supplier in the US, from there, even with shipping, it was cheaper than the cost of the shirt anywhere else in Aus (not including shipping)...unfortunately Pets1 didn't have any in the size I needed when I bought mine. If they don't have the size you need Id suggest emailing to find out how far away new stock is, I know they're expecting more soon Edited by GoldenGirl85

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We also bought one as Kobi had some weird anxiety that made him bark like a manic in the car. Nothing seemed to be working so I thought I would give it a go. Ended up finding one on eBay from the US and got it much cheaper :thumbsup:

I could not believe the difference. As some have said it makes him go kind of dopey and want to sleep a lot. We did a 40 hour round trip a few months ago and not one bark the whole time and he just slept the days away! Thought he might be hyped up when getting out of the toilet but added bonus is that he was still really calm with no pulling on the lead!

Such a great product.. highly recommend!

wow kobi's daisy, what a difference for u guys!. if it can also help with lincoln's chronic leash pulling i will be rapt.! we don't think think he had been walked on a lead for the first couple of years of his life (before we had him with us)- so its much harder to train him now. I will purchase soon and report back. Fingers crossed!

wow kobi's daisy, what a difference for u guys!. if it can also help with lincoln's chronic leash pulling i will be rapt.! we don't think think he had been walked on a lead for the first couple of years of his life (before we had him with us)- so its much harder to train him now. I will purchase soon and report back. Fingers crossed!

I am almost positive it won't do anything in regards to leash pulling. When Hugo had that problem, the only thing that worked was training it out of him. Or a halti. But we wanted him to walk normally using a flat collar, a halti is like a bandaid solution, just like a Thundershirt (if by some chance it does work to stop your dog's pulling). Arcatapet.com have nicely-priced Thundershirts, but eBay is probably a teeny bit cheaper. Thundershirts in Australia will cost you more than those overseas.

I am almost positive it won't do anything in regards to leash pulling. When Hugo had that problem, the only thing that worked was training it out of him. Or a halti. But we wanted him to walk normally using a flat collar, a halti is like a bandaid solution, just like a Thundershirt (if by some chance it does work to stop your dog's pulling). Arcatapet.com have nicely-priced Thundershirts, but eBay is probably a teeny bit cheaper. Thundershirts in Australia will cost you more than those overseas.

Demi they're very reasonably priced from Pets1

So glad I found this thread, our girl has developed storm fear after the freak hailstorm we had in Perth last year.

I have just ordered one from Pet's Providore who were mentioned in an earlier post.

I will also try it on out normally laid back male who gets a bit anxious going to the vets.

Are people using them when dogs are home alone or only when supervised (I guess if they're used for seperation anxiety the dogs aren't supervised)?

Yes but they still cost more than those you find overseas (which was what I said, not that Australian retailers were unreasonably pricing them).

Yes but they still cost more than those you find overseas (which was what I said, not that Australian retailers were unreasonably pricing them).

Factor shipping into that ;)

Perfect timing for this to be revisited as I've had Indy stressing and driving himself mental for last couple of hours.

Just looking at them on Pets1 - does anyone know what the sizing is like.

I'm thinking of getting on for my male Alaskan Malamute but I have no idea of his chest measurements and don't have a tape measure. I was just going to get the xx-large but wondering if it might be too big.

Perfect timing for this to be revisited as I've had Indy stressing and driving himself mental for last couple of hours.

I'm thinking of getting on for my male Alaskan Malamute but I have no idea of his chest measurements and don't have a tape measure. I was just going to get the xx-large but wondering if it might be too big.

Info on measuring on this page, hope the link works!

http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/thundershirt.html?mode=add&page=&amount=1

Factor shipping into that ;)

;) I do.

Overseas: $35+$10=$45: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ANY-SIZE-THUNDERSHIRT-DOG-ANXIETY-STRESS-RELIEF-SHIRT-/390332416179

Overseas: $35+$13=$48: http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=16823

Australia: $50+$8=$58: http://pets1.com.au/Dogs/Dog-Apparel/Dog-Anxiety-Wraps/

Info on measuring on this page, hope the link works!

http://www.petsprovidore.com.au/thundershirt.html?mode=add&page=&amount=1

http://store.humanesociety.org/product/151/pet_travel_accessories

do u know ur dogs weight malamum? if u refer to the size chart it has the measurements as well as approx weight.

50lbs = approx 22.7kgs.. that might help a little!

my cocker spaniel is big for the breed (19kgs) so i think he will be medium.

hope that helps!

Thanks guys, he is over 50kg so looks like xx large is the go.

Guest lavendergirl

I received my Thundershirt yesterday and so far have not noticed one bit of difference in my dog's behaviour. I will give it some more time of course but I suspect I have wasted my $65 :(

• 4 months later...

Must not have looked at our prices…. ;)

$39.88ea All sizes in stock

Shipping based on a single Thundershirt $7.95

http://pets1.com.au/Dog-Anxiety-Wraps/

:thumbsup:

Just ordered one, will see how it goes.

I did use the Rescue remedy on New Year, did make a bit of a difference but than again we didn't have that much noise from fireworks. About a dozen bangs at midnight.