Soggy Dolers

poodlefan

Starting this here, because I can't post in OT.

I know we've got quite a few DOLers in the flooded areas? Is everyone OK?

Steve, Mandalay, Mercedes, Esky and other south western NSW folk are you above water?

Edited by poodlefan

We have been flooded in around us but are high and dry where we live (on the top of a hill). Only just got home from work through the water on Thursday night and didnt get to work on Friday (was our Xmas party too darn it). Thank goodness for 4 wheel drives. Hoping everyone else is ok.

Edited by espinay2

those at Uralla Dog Show would be very wet

The New England Highway was shut just south of Uralla last night - not sure if it was open this morning but if I was at the dog show and wanting to travel south today I would be getting concerned, it's just started bucketing down here again

I'm sure we are going to get floods very shortly too

stay safe everyone!

I know Mercedes is Ok, because if she was flooding we would drown....we are near and lower :whee:

:banghead::bottom:

How ture Newfsie but I was in Wagga on Friday. I drove through the storm on Thursday afternoon / evening to get there and have to admit there were some pretty scary moments.

Wagga is in a bit of strife and for those going to Grong Grong next week it would warrant keeping an eye on the news and weather.

I flew home late on Thursday and was on one of the last planes that managed to land at Canberra airport before it closed. We had to go the very long way home from there and it was a slow and scary trip. At least the flooded roads meant a day home from work on Friday!

Edited by Alyosha

I know Mercedes is Ok, because if she was flooding we would drown....we are near and lower :laugh:

:laugh: ;)

How ture Newfsie but I was in Wagga on Friday. I drove through the storm on Thursday afternoon / evening to get there and have to admit there were some pretty scary moments.

Wagga is in a bit of strife and for those going to Grong Grong next week it would warrant keeping an eye on the news and weather.

I forgot about your wagga connection........I had to drive back from Melbourne last week with Caravan in tow, through some flooding and lots of wind. Stressful :rofl:

We have had flash flood warnings but none have hit so far. I know streets in Bathurst are flooded and parts of dubbo are being evacuated. I can't believe the water that is laying around !!

It took mum and dad over 2 hours to get out of Bathurst last week!!

Edited by Teebs

Good to hear from people.

Anyone heard from Steve?

I see that Wagga is expected to be isolated by flooding sometime today and that hundreds of folk are evacuating the lower areas.

Mercedes, with the Murrumbidgee not expected to peak at Narranderra until late next week, Grongy is looking dicey. Wait and see I suppose. It would be a pity for the town if it doesn't go ahead.

Hope you are OK Enigma - that was quite a fall. :o

Edited by poodlefan

I'm hoping to get out today. Been stuck for 8 days. The creek is going down and I have packed a bag. Once on the other side I am not coming home till all the rain is gone. Hopefully, I will get to town. If our creek has gone down, then the next one should have as well. Otherwise, I sleep in the car tonoght.